Fifteenth Encounter

More Than Meets The Eye

SUMIN’S POV

The air today seemed especially bad during lunch. I didn’t know why. My bracelet kept flashing ‘Warning!’ on the small screen. I tried to ignore it, but it kept flashing. I set it to sleep mode and went on with class. After school, I went into the lab of our base to ask Raina

 

“Unnie, my bracelet kept flashing earlier in class. The air felt tensed, but it wasn’t anything big.” I explained to her what happen this morning.

 

“Alright, just take it off and set it down on the table for now.” She said with test tubes in her hands, still concentrating on mixing the different liquids.

 

“Bye unnie!” I shouted as I left the room.

 

“Mmk!” She shouted back at me.

 

I went back to my room to see Eunmi already transformed and pulling on her clothes.

 

“Father changed me to the same guard shift as you.” She smiled.

 

“Yay!” I cheered as I stepped into my tube.

 

{EYES} BROWN RIM → RED [COMPLETE]

{BODY} SLIM → SLENDER [COMPLETE]

{HAIR} BROWN FLAME → BLACK SNOW [COMPLETE]

{EARS} NORMAL → WOLF POINTED [COMPLETE]

{TAIL} NONE → NINE [COMPLETE]

{HEIGHT} AVERAGE → TALL [COMPLETE]

{DNA} HUMAN → DEMON [COMPLETE

 

TRANSFORMATION COMPLETE

 

I pulled on my clothes and went out to join Eunmi on the day perimeter scout. The sun was setting and we were walking side by side and talking when I suddenly sensed something strange and unfamiliar, same with Eunmi. We looked around to see what it was and I followed the scent. Eunmi soared upwards to scout the outside.

 

“I see them.” Eunmi used telepathy with me to not make a noise to scare them off.

 

“Where?”

 

“In the first tree on the left of the gate.”

 

“I’ll go first.”

 

I dashed on the ground while Eunmi flied in the sky. They felt us coming and jumped into the clearing. It was a group of 6, and 2 of them had a very familiar vibe. Daehyun and Youngjae. I was about to charge towards them when Eunmi came back down on the ground and grabbed one of my tails, making me fall on my . I heard Daehyun laugh at me and I got up and glared at Eunmi.

 

“I’ll explain later.”

 

Eunmi grabbed my hand and we slowly approached the group.

 

“Who are you?” Eunmi commanded them to speak.  

 

“Hello Miss Song. We are B.A.P, the elite group of the your opposing team. I guess you already know us from the previous meeting?”

 

I looked at Eunmi for an explanation. She just kept talking.

 

“I’m guessing you don’t know who this person beside me is yet.” she turned to me. “Please introduce yourself.”

 

“Lee Sumin, 14th Cursed Child, Ace of the Generation of Cursed Miracles.” My eyes glowed, glare piercing the tension in between us. I felt Daehyun twitch, but regain his composure as the guy with a deep voice spoke again, assuming he was the leader of the group.

 

“My name is Bang Yongguk. Nice to meet you Miss Lee.” he bowed. What is going on?

 

“This is too quiet, and since we’re here, why don’t we have a mini battle and see if Miss Lee is really your ace of the generation.” he stated.

 

I smirked. “It would be my pleasure to show you.” I took out my daggers and activated my gauntlet. Eunmi took out her spell book and also powered on her gauntlet.  

 

I made the first move as I ran around the group as the speed of light, and Eunmi hovered off the ground a bit. They finally noticed and started moving, still in shock from our speed. I saw Daehyun take out his two katanas and charge towards me. I ran back at him and we had a one on one battle. Eunmi was going against the other 5, casting spells through her gauntlet and using her close combat skills. Daehyun swung at me and I ducked and side kicked his side, but he quickly dodged as he took another swing, but I ran behind him with my speed and sliced behind his thigh. There was now a big gash on the back of his leg, blood slowly running down his leg. He grabbed his thigh and I took the chance to swing back in front of him for another punch in his stomach, he fell to the ground and screamed in pain. The venom from my blades seeping into his bloodstream and my punch probably broke a rib.

 

His 5 teammates heard his scream and turned around to look at the sudden cry. As they were turning, Eunmi took this time to cast another spell to slow down their senses, and I used my inhumane speed to give them each a punch, kick, or cut on their body. Eunmi cast her final spell, knocking them all unconscious. We dragged their bodies and tied them to a tree and Eunmi lifted the spell off of them to wake them up. The 6 woke up abrasively and tried to fight the restraints on them.

 

“What happen?!” One of them groaned, his high voice made me predict he was the youngest voice.

 

“Showing you the I am the Ace of this generation.” I lifted his chin up to face me and smirked at him. His eyes were full of fright as I chuckled and stepped back.

 

“You see that she’s no joke now, and neither am I.” Eunmi spoke.

 

They all nodded and groaned in pain. I saw her hold up six enchanting papers that were fanned out and she whispered a spell in it. I recognized that it was the spell she used to heal me on the day of the incident. She threw the slips of papers towards them and they each got a paper above them, slowly healing their cuts, bruises, and any sort of venom that they had taken in. The boys sighed in relief and I snapped my fingers and the ropes untied themselves and appears in my hands again. They got up and said a few words before running back into the night.

 

“We will take out leave now.”

 

Eunmi and I went back to our room to get ready to go home. We stepped into our respective tubes and transformed back.

 

{EYES} RED → BROWN RIM [COMPLETE]

{BODY} SLENDER → SLIM [COMPLETE]

{HAIR} BLACK SNOW → BROWN FLAME [COMPLETE]

{EARS} WOLF POINTED → NORMAL [COMPLETE]

{TAIL} NINE → NONE [COMPLETE]

{HEIGHT} TALL → AVERAGE [COMPLETE]

{DNA} DEMON → HUMAN [COMPLETE]

 

TRANSFORMATION COMPLETE

 

I stepped back out at the same time as Eunmi and I went to go take a bath, were Eunmi just wanted to take a shower and go home. She got out first while I was still in the bathtub singing to myself. After another 30 minutes or relaxing my muscles, I got out and saw Eunmi had already headed to the apartment. I stopped by the lab to pick up my bracelet, and saw Raina still mixing her liquids and taking down notes from observations.

 

“Unnie is my bracelet ready?”

 

“Yea it’s on the table where you put it down.” I turned up down the sensitivity so it doesn’t react as easily.”

 

I slipped it back on my wrist and turned it on.

 

“Thanks unnie! I’ll be going now!”

 

She was still immersed in mixing the different chemicals when I left and just nodded her head before shouting. “Bye!”

 

I headed back to the apartment and into my room to see Eunmi sleeping on her bed already. I had someone from base redesign my house so it was bigger and Eunmi could live with me from now on. I hopped into my own bed and drift off into sleep.

 

Will Daehyun recognize me tomorrow?

 

DAEHYUN’S POV

 

“Your skills will be very important to this mission. Our prophecy mission.”

 

“May I ask what it is?” Youngjae asked.

 

“Kill the Demon King.”

 

I was thinking back to our meeting from earlier. The Clan Leader gave us a task for the night, and that was to go meet Sumin and Eunmi. We walked to their base and the six of us sat in one of the trees until they finally sensed us from afar. I recognized Eunmi at first sight, but I didn’t know who the girl was beside her. I saw Eunmi take flight as the other girl’s eyes began glowing read, and taking in a long breath, as if she was sniffing our scent. She started charging at us and we jumped up and in front of her. She stopped and glared at us with her darker than blood red eyes. She was about to charge at us when Eunmi came down and grabbed one of her tails and stopped her. She fell on the ground and I chuckled. Eunmi then took her wrist and dragged her slowly toward us. Eunmi triggered the conversation after calming down her partner.

 

“Who are you?”

 

“Hello Miss Song. We are B.A.P, the elite group of the your opposing team. I guess you already know us from the previous meeting?” Yongguk asked. Wait what meeting? I wasn’t there.

 

“I’m guessing you don’t know who this person beside me is yet.” She turned to the girl besides her and asked her to introduce herself.


 

“Lee Sumin, 14th Cursed Child, Ace of the Generation of Cursed Miracles.” I twitched at her name, and she noticed, her red glare focusing on me. That can’t be Sumin. She looks even prettier than her human form. Wait, what am I saying?! Snap out of it Jung Daehyun!

 

“My name is Bang Yongguk. Nice to meet you Miss Lee.”

 

“This is too quiet, and since we’re here, why don’t we have a mini battle and see if Miss Lee is really your ace of the generation.” Hyung’s love for violence just doesn’t know when to stop itself.

 

I saw Sumin smirk, she was like a whole new person, and she has a different personality.

 

“It would be my pleasure to show you.”

 

I saw her pull out her daggers and prepare her gauntlet while Eunmi also prepared her gauntlet and pull out a spell book. Sumin was getting ready to charge and her partner took flight, hovering a few feet on the ground. Sumin soon started running around us and we didn’t even notice. She smirked before the 6 of us decided to take action and start fighting. I charged straight for Sumin and she ran straight back at me. I took a swing at her, but she ducked and roundhouse kicked me on the floor. I quickly dodged by jumping to the right and took another swing, but she used this time instead to charge behind me and I felt her run her knife behind my thigh, her venom being injected into my bloodstream. I groaned at the blood trickling down my leg and she dashed back in front of me and gave me a blow on the stomach, and it ended with a crack. I fell on the ground as I dropped my blades, screaming in pain, and I was grabbing onto my two injuries. Soon the other members turned around and saw me on the floor, but that was a mistake. Eunmi was able to cast a spell to slow down their senses and Sumin took the chance to give them each a painful blow on their body. They all winced at the sudden pain as Eunmi casted on last spell, making us all fall unconscious and black out.

 

A few moments later. We were woken again, but I felt my hands tied behind my back. We all squirmed around, but the ropes were being bound together by a spell, and there was no use in trying to get out.

 

“What happen?!” Zelo groaned.

 

Sumin walked towards him and lifted his chin, eyes still a piercing red and a smirk forming on her face. “Showing you the I am the Ace of this generation.” She let him go and went back to stand next to Eunmi.

 

“You see that she’s no joke now, and neither am I.” She then held up 6 spell papers and whispered into them. The 6 of us thought she was going to kill everyone on the spot, but when she threw the papers at us, there was no pain, but a healing feeling. My gash was slowly closing, the venom slowly disappearing, and the broken rib regrowing. Sumin then snapped her fingers, and the spell on the ropes broke, and appeared her hand. We got up rubbing our wrists.

 

“We will take out leave now.”

 

We went back to base to report.

 

“I’m guessing she beat all 6 of you? Clan Leader asked as we kneeled in front of him. We nodded our heads.


“Dismissed.” He let us leave and I went home, dropping on my bed. I instantly fell asleep and drifted off.

-----------------------------

Sorry for not updating in a couple days! Been really busy with promoting my other stories since ones doing better than this one at the moment and the other just came out, so the updates may once in a couple days instead of everyday, but ill try to keep you guys from waiting! What do you think will happen next? Please comment your guesses below in area provided and subscribe to find out! ~Sunmi