Eleventh Encounter

More Than Meets The Eye

DAEHYUN’S POV

I heard someone walk into the room while I was resting.

 

“What happen to him?” Eunmi?

 

“Let’s talk in my room, not here.” Talk about what? Where are they going?

 

After I heard them leave and the door closed, I slowly got up and followed them. I saw them walk into a room and close the door. Leaning my ear against the door, I wanted to listen to their conversation.

 

They were talking about the Generation of Cursed Miracles.

 

“I come for good, not evil. I hope to release us 14 Cursed Miracles from this spell, forever.” I heard Eunmi say. So she’s one of the devil’s workers huh?

 

“I’ve know that since the 14th Miracle was born, my child. I presume you are Song Eunmi, 13th Cursed Miracle?” I backed away from the door. She’s one of the elite 14?

 

“That is correct sir.” I pulled myself together and leaned against the door again.

 

“I’m guessing you already know Daehyun’s secret also.” My secret? What secret?

 

“No need to be afraid, I treat all allies well. I trust you know what I’m talking about.” What do you mean allies, she’s one of those cursed worker bees for that scumbag Demon King.

 

“I know his secret. May I ask something?”

 

“Speak.”

 

“Does he know his own secret?” What secret!?

 

“No.” How come I don’t know my own secret!?

 

“I’ve made a promise to the last Cursed Miracle’s guardians. To free anyone and everyone from the damned man’s power. Daehyun was the first I was able to free, and I erased his memories from his past after we captured him.” I dropped to the floor, and luckily they didn’t hear me. My eyes were about to pop out of their sockets... I’m one of them? It can’t be. No way.

 

“How come I’ve never had any memories of him?”

 

“This happened on his first year, before you were born.”

 

“How did you seal Daehyun’s demon DNA?” he didn’t seem to mind me asking questions. What demon DNA!? I’m 100% human! Plus the additional skills I gained from training.

 

“I revived him.”

 

“Revived? But we can’t die. We’re given immorality.”

 

“That’s true. I set him into a coma, and reawaken him as a new person. I was able to seal his power using a few spells. It took years for me to seal it completely, but the seal is quickly crumbling.”

 

“What happens when the seal crumbles?”

 

“He transforms back into his demon form.” It can’t be, I don’t have a demon form.

 

“As you saw earlier, Daehyun look drained of energy.”

 

“I saw. He looked the same as what happened to Sumin today.” The same?

 

“As I told you, the seal is quickly crumbling. Something you didn’t know was that Sumin also has a seal casted on her. Both seals are quickly crumbling, and their true power is forming. Their inner demons are starting to awaken, so is yours, but you're not as powerful. You are apart of the elite 3 of the Generation of Cursed Miracles. You 3 hold the most power.” We what?...

 

“What you saw earlier that happened to Sumin was not related to her mis transformation. It is her seal that is fading, and her power is starting to awaken. You must be careful of her, and yourself also.” Was.. that why I collapsed earlier?

 

“You are dismissed. Be very careful when going back to base. Our scent may be on you now.” I quickly stood up before she opened the door.

 

When she opened the door, I was still frozen with horror, still not comprehending what I had just heard.

 

“Daehyun.” she gasped at me.

 

“What secret? What seal? What is going on?”

 

SUMIN’S POV

Darkness. Pitch Black. Nothing.

 

“Keep an eye on her.” I could hear voices, but my eyes refused to open.

 

“As you wish sir.” someone was walking away and I heard the door close.

 

“Sumin-ah.” I recognized that voice, it was Eunmi’s.

 

Her voice sounded like it was strained, “It’s coming soon.”

 

I could hear her trying to not cry, holding back her tears. “Please wake up soon.”

 

What’s coming soon? What’s happening?

 

I was still trying to open my eyes. I managed to twitch my arm, and Eunmi noticed. My eyes started opening, light flooding into my eyes, and I was in my room.

 

“Unnie...” my voice was hoarse.

 

“Shh. It’s ok just rest.”

 

“Mmk.” I groaned as my eyes fell closed again, but before I fell asleep, I heard Eunmi whisper something. I could tell tears were rolling down her cheeks.


“I’m sorry..” she hung her head down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N): A little recap of the Tenth Encounter in Daehyun's POV. Just a couple of questions that are going to answered in the next chapter ^~^. Sorry it was a bit lame lol. A little bit of writers block... So stay tuned for my next chapter soon xD ~~bye~~