Sixth Encounter

More Than Meets The Eye

EUNMI’S POV

This is not good. I was examining Sumin’s transformer generator. I slid open the cover and discovered that her DNA chip was missing, and her appearance chip was still in place. This is really not good.

 

-FLASHBACK-

I was only 7 years old, and Sumin was a mere little newborn at 8 months, and the curse ritual was going to happen on her first birthday.

 

“Eunmi-ah, remember to do anything in your power to protect her from the Demon King ok? He is starting to get suspicious of our actions...” her mother told me.

 

I saluted to her and made her a promise, “I, Song Eunmi, promise to protect the cursed child from any harm, even if it risks my own life.”

 

Making this pledge means that I am turning sides for good. I will no longer do any work for evil.

 

She smiled at me kindly,” Thank you, doing this can help save everyone that has to work for that evil man. Your good deeds will be repaid in the future.”

 

Bowing to her,”Thank you ma’am, and please be safe on your next delivery.”

 

She bowed back in response and dashed off into the night with her husband next to her, rushing off the the Clan Leader’s base to spread information. Little did I know that would be that  time I saw them ever again.

 

-4 months later-

 

Everyone was called into the underground auditorium. I stood on stage with 11 other people.

 

So today’s the day huh.

 

“Today, I bring you our 14th cursing of a newborn child. She will be trained to be our next top assassin, and will be the final cursed child. This baby will bring us victory in our next war, and the world will be ours!” The Demon King shouted.

 

The crowd roared back in response, waiting for the King to place his spell on the sleeping child. He set the child above a clear tube of toxic waste, mixed with chemicals that could kill a human in less that a second. He smirked to the crowd. “SHALL WE HAVE A COUNTDOWN?”

The crowd roared in response again, but the 11 of us on stage remained silent.

 

“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!”

 

And the new baby was dropped into the mixture of deadly chemicals and toxic waste, crying for help and the warm embrace of her mother, while the chemicals were burning off her skin and seeping into her eyes. Then the whole room went silent. No more baby cries, and her eyes closed, as if she were sleeping. Looking at the clear tube she was dropped in, she began transforming into her demon form. Pointed wolf ears, 9 snow white wolf tails, long and sleek jet black hair, slender and long arms and legs, and she grew taller and taller as she was being bathed in the demon-made chemicals. Once she was done transforming, with a flick of a finger, the now fully grown girl was relieved from the burning chemical, and now bowing in front of the Demon King, with her eyes closed. Knowing that she was the last generation of a cursed child, every one knew she would be powerful, and were anticipating the color of her eyes.

 

“Stand. Open your eyes. State your name.” The Demon King demanded.

 

Her eyes opened and revealed a pair of deep crimson red eyes, staring at the king.

 

“Lee Sumin, 14th Cursed Miracle.”

 

The king nodded in approval, and flicked his finger again, having her face the crowd. Her glowing blood red eyes pierced the glares of the whole crowd and they roared in response.

 

“Lee Sumin is now the last generation of cursed children. She will lead our final battle to victory!”

 

The crowd roared for the last time and was dismissed to prepare for her deadliest training of all.

 

-FLASHBACK END-

 

I went to report back to the Demon King about my findings.

 

“Song Eunmi reporting. I have found that someone has taken her DNA chip. I will try to find the culprit as soon as possible.”

 

“Good. You are dismissed for today.”

 

Thinking back to Sumin’s transformation, I was curious all over again about myself. I went to the library and did some research. I stood in front of the huge library doors.

“State your name, age, and identity.” The door boomed at me.


Song Eunmi, 17, 13th Cursed Miracle.