Fourteenth Encounter

More Than Meets The Eye

DAEHYUN’S POV

I was woken up today by the gentle breeze flowing through the open window that morning. I got up and got out of bed, getting ready for school. It was a nice day out so I decided to walk to school.

I took in the fresh air as I stepped into school. Wonder if Sumin came to school today.

I walked upstairs to our classroom and slid open the door to see someone sitting in her seat. Who's that?

I took my seat and studied her features. She had very long hair, and it transitioned from 3 different colors, brown to red to blonde, almost as if it were on fire. She seemed like the average height of a girl. She looks like someone different, but why do I feel like I know her?

I peered over to see her face, and almost fell out of my seat, recognizing who it was.

 

“S-sumin?”

 

“100% Lee Sumin at your service!” she saluted back to me.

 

She looked so much more different. Her hair was now much longer, and she was much taller than before. The ordinary dull brown hair she had before was now a fierce flame. Her old light brown eyes were now an enticing dark brown, slowly transitioning to the ring of light grey in the edge of her iris. Her new appearance was more chic, fierce, y. Her old image of an innocent girl was now removed, and she seemed like a new person. Her beauty now captured everyone around her. It was almost like I would throw myself at her. Dammit brain control the hormone levels!

Sumin turned around and whispered something to Eunmi, but I couldn’t quite catch the message. Eunmi mouthed something back, and I caught it that time. “He knows.” Sumin’s eyes widened and she turned back around, as she mouthed again she would explain later. Then it was my turn to look at Eunmi. I mouthed her my question, careful to not let Sumin see or hear it.

 

“Does she know?”

 

She shook her head and I sighed and turned around to face the front when the bell rang, and the teacher came in.

 

“Class we have a new student today.” New student? Who could it be?

 

“Please come in.” he said, and my eyes widened at who walked into the room with a big smile on his face.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Yoo Youngjae-imnida.” he bowed.

 

“Take a seat behind Mr. Jung. Daehyun could you please raise your hand?”

 

Before I had the time to react, my best friend Youngjae was already making his way to his seat behind me. I turned to face him.

 

“Hey! What are you doing here?” I smiled at him.

 

“I’ll explain later to you at lunch.” He pushed me to face forward.

 

I chuckled as the school hours passed by quickly and it was already time for lunch.

 

“Sumin, Eunmi!” I called at them before they left the room. They turned around and walked back over.

 

“Meet my best friend, Yoo Youngjae.” I introduced him.

 

“Annyeong Youngjae! Song Eunmi-imnida!” Eunmi bowed. Young jae smiled at her.

 

“A-annyeonghaseyo. L-lee Sumin-imnida.” Sumin quickly bowed and hid behind Eunmi. Youngjae seemed to be studying Sumin’s features quite intensely, but I nudged him, knocking him out of his thought.

 

“Well I can’t eat lunch with your guys today so have fun without me!” I shouted as I pulled Youngjae out with me. He soon snapped back to reality before pulling loose of the grip and taking my arm.

 

“We have to go somewhere.” Youngjae ran towards the rooftop, dragging me with him.

 

A gust of wind slapped us when we arrived at the top. I saw the Clan Leader looking out into the school courtyard, and 4 other guys standing besides him, wearing our same uniforms.

 

“I have something to tell you Daehyun.” the Clan Leader spoke.

 

“Please.”

 

“As you know, Sumin is the last Cursed Miracle.”

 

“Wait what? I didn’t know that.” I was very confused.

 

He sighed as he signaled for us to back to base to explain things. I went to the office to excuse myself for the rest of the day. I was sprinting back to base with the other 5, as the Clan Leader left before us.

 

“Looks like we have a lot of explaining to do.” He stated as we stepped into base.

 

“Please. I want everything to be clear before anything big happens.” I kneeled.

 

“First off, you know what the Generation of Cursed Miracles are correct?”

 

“Correct.”

 

“And you are one of the Cursed 14, correct?”

 

“Correct.”

 

“Now do you know who the last 2 Cursed Miracles are?”

 

“No I do not sir.”

 

“Eunmi is the 13th, and Sumin is the 14th.” What? How come they’ve never told me?

 

“I knew that they were one of his workers, but now I know their true identity.”

 

“Ok, so do you know why everyone is here today?” Everyone nodded their heads except me.

 

“The 6 of you, Yongguk, Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup, and Junhong will now become the B.A.P, my elite squad in charge of our next major mission.

 

“And I’m in it? M-me?” I stuttered.

 

“Your skills will be very important to this mission. Our prophecy mission.”

 

“May I ask what it is?” Youngjae asked.


“Kill the Demon King.”

------------------------------------------------------

(A/N): The plot is starting to roll out. Daehyun is starting to show attraction >:D and the prophecy mission has now been assigned to BAP, which has made their first appearance finally! just a short update of the idea i wanted to write before i forget since its been lingering the back of my mind for a while, so hur ya go xD i pulled an all nighter after 2 updates last night. and then an hour of homework. and i stayed up watching happy together and invincible youth the whole night on youtube. and then this is another update. my brain is like mush. my eyes are like opening and closing right now. Only 4 more hours until ive been up for 24 hours. im trying to get my sleeping scheduele back, but for some reason i feel like this is just going to mess it up even more. so yea bai! ~~ -Sunmi