Twentieth Encounter - More Than Meets The Eye

More Than Meets The Eye

Sumin’s POV

Her death was like my trigger. I ran with my power and made it to the field in a few seconds. I dashed into the battle and cleared almost all the little demon creeps with my inhumane speed and left the Demon King hanging.

 

“So I guess it’s my turn to face you.” I faced the demonic creature.

 

“So you’ve finally come? You missed out earlier. I took the life of the real Lee Sunmi.” he smirked.

 

“I know you took her life. I also know you took my parent’s lives away. I’m not planning to let you take mine today.” I smirked back at him.

 

“And how do you plan on doing that? Your transformation isn’t even complete.” he looked at me amusingly.

 

My mind rang a timer. 99% Complete. Final Initialization in Process. I smirked at his face again before a blinding light absorb my body and lifted into the air. I felt my Black Snow hair grow to a length that almost touched the floor, and my body features more becoming even slimmer and slender, enabling me to be light of my feet. My eyes grew to the darkest shade of red, and glowed so much that I could take place of the moon. My 9 tails become full wolf tails and my eyes twitching at any type of movement. My senses sharpened and energy was flowing through my veins. I locked my eyes on my target, and the light bubble slowly turned into a red aura radiating around me. The bubble popped and I floated back to the ground.

 

Final Transformation. [COMPLETE]

 

“So what. I’m guessing you still have something blocking you am I correct?” he looked at his nails and blowing on them before looked back at me like I was a slave.

 

“There is, but that’s something I’m in power of.” the Clan Leader stepped up behind me.

 

“You wouldn’t.” he started to tense up.

 

I kneeled down in front of the Clan Leader. “Are you ready Sumin?”

 

“More than ever.” I bowed and he set his hand on my forehead. He chanted a few words, and a large seal appeared above my head. It was visible that the first outer ring was cracked. He muttered a few words again, but I knew it was a spell. He lifted his hand from my head, and the whole seal above my head unlocked, and shatter to pieces. He held his hand out, and I took it. I stood up and faced the Demon King.

 

“What about now?” I glared at him. His outer self was saying he could do it, but I could see the hint of fear in his eyes. But then they turned into a smirk.

 

“You forgot I control the main factor of your lives.”

 

“Oh really?” I said sarcastically.

 

“Don’t forget I control your immortality. I could strip it off right now and kill you.”

 

“Not unless I can do something about it.” Eunmi stepped out from the shadows, and the 6 boys  right behind her. The seven of us rushed into battle and it was a 7 vs.1 game. The Clan Leader left to help tend the wounded and we fought our hardest. I used close combat along with my daggers to hopefully land a cut on him. Eunmi was casting spells to keep the 6 of us going and weaken the Demon King’s power, but it was powerful enough. The close combat team was slowly tiring and she gave up the spells. She took out her sword and charge in, but she had no backup. With a snap of his finger, he lifted Eunmi’s immortality and ducked her slash, and then delivering a deep but on her stomach.

 

“EUNMI!” I screamed.

 

“AHHHH!” her ear piercing scream could be heard miles away. She slowly fell to the floor, blood slowly trickling down her front body. Her cut was glowing purple, and I had known what had happened. She was poisoned.

 

“You’ll pay for this.” Anger filled my eyes and my body was heating up.

 

I charged at him without second thoughts and attacked him, not giving him time to snap his fingers and lift off my immortality. I had landed a few good cuts on his thigh and torso, but it would only weaken him, not kill him. Daehyun has rushed to my side to help while the other 5 helped tend Eunmi with her wound. We were in an all out heated battle when Daehyun faulted and got kicked by the demon. He was sent flying before I could even react.

 

“DAEHYUN!” I screamed at he landed on the floor. I let my guard down for too long and he charged up to me, delivering a large blow to my head with the back of his dagger and slashed my upper arm and torso. I yelped in pain, but he hasn’t lifted my immortality yet, so it wouldn’t just kill me just yet. I continued to fight him until Daehyun got a small treatment for his wounds and came back to my side. We fought until my pain took over and I couldn’t take it anymore. I lost my footing and he was able to round kick my side and sent me towards Eunmi’s direction.

 

“SUMIN!” he yelled, and creature used this time to attack, but Daehyun side stepped quickly and dodged his attack. They kept fighting and I crawled over to Eunmi’s side.

 

“Eunmi please stay with me. PLEASE!” I begged her and I held onto her.

 

“I’m sorry I wasn’t able to keep our promise.” she whispered softly. Tears were welling up in my eyes.

 

“I forgive you. Please just hold on and stay with me. I can’t afford to lose another person of my life. After losing my parents, then Minhee unnie, you’re all I have left.”

 

“I’m sorry, but I think it’s my time to see your parents and Minhee unnie.” she smiled and wiped my tears, then cupped my cheek.

 

“You still have one more person in your life. Don’t let go of him. Even if you wanted to.”

 

“Please. Don’t leave me.” I pleaded her softly.

 

“S-song Eunmi, spirit of the phoenix, at your service.” she smiled at me before the life in her golden yellow dimmed, and closed for the last time.

 

“NO! EUNMI WAKE UP. PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ME!” I cried and pleaded. Ignoring the pain from the poison, I shook her dead body, hoping she would come back, but she didn’t. She’s gone. The boys came over and pulled me off her body.

 

“SUMIN! Wake up! She’s gone already! Do you really want to lose yourself too?!” Yongguk yelled in my face. I couldn’t help but cry. Losing not 1, but 2 people in less than 1 hour. I was hopeless.

 

“Now you can die here in vain with her, or end this, once and for all.” he stared into my eyes.

 

He was right. I couldn’t let everyone die in vain. They died because of me due to that sick man. I’m not letting him live any longer.

 

I’m not letting anyone else take my final revenge. I thought to myself and got up on my feet. The pain was more excruciating than ever, but I ignored it and focused on fighting. Daehyun was almost depleted of energy and I had to act fast. In a split second, they were both knocked on the floor, but Daehyun was unconscious. The boys rushed over to help him away and I took this chance to pounce on top of the Demon King. I pulled out my dagger and pointed it to his heart. He thought he had won, but he’s dead wrong.

 

“Your time is up.” I jabbed the dagger into his heart and forced all my energy into the hilt and through the blade, into his heart. My energy was slowly being out and he was bleeding heavily. I got off of him and he slowly rose to his feet, clutching where the dagger was stabbing his heart.

 

Himchan then walked behind me and passed me his katana. I unsheathed it and raised it towards him.

 

“I’m not letting you set foot on this earth ever again.” I smirked at him behind retracting the blade and kicking him in the stomach and he lost his footing, falling backward, but I winded behind him and gave him a big slash on the back on his thighs. He fell to his knees and I took the chance to run in front of him again and cut his neck. I took out my last dagger and threw it to his stomach, and the whole blade sunk into his body. Finally he was on the ground after the severe injuries I gave him. I jumped up into the air as high as I could and flipped the blade downwards, aiming the blade to his head. I descended back on top of him and the blade landed right between his eyes. He was bleeding for a good amount of time before his body became disappeared into dust and flew away with the wind. Time had started up again, but I wasn’t quite finished yet. I gathered the last of my energy walked to each of my 10 family members from the Generation of Cursed Miracles. The demon poison I had absorbed in before had become human poison, which could be healed. I stuck my finger in my mouth and created a large gash on it, and dripping blood into their mouths, exactly the same way I did with Minhee. Daehyun had woken again, and was watching me from afar with the boys. After I made it to all 10 people, stood on the middle of everyone.

 

“Seo Joonmin, spirit of the Rabbit.

Kim Taeyoung, spirit of the Mouse.

Hwang SoonMi, spirit of the Turtle.

Im SeoKi, spirit of the Dolphin.

Choi TaeKyung, spirit of the Grasshopper.

Jung Kyori, spirit of the Dog.

Song HyoMin, spirit of the Unicorn.

Kwon SunYeon, spirit of the Tiger.

Kim MinKi, spirit of the Lion.

Hwang JunKyu, spirit of the Serpent.

And lastly, Song Eunmi, spirit of the Phoenix.” I recited everyone in the Generation of Miracles.

 

I took a deep breath, tears slowly flowing down my face, before reciting the last line. “You are now all relieved of duty.”

 

One by one, their spirits were set free, and created a circle around me. I looked around the circle, and all of them were smiling at me happily. Once my 10 family members, have already left me. My eyes stopped at Eunmi’s spirit, and she started talking.

 

“Lee Sumin, spirit of the Wolf.” she stopped.

 

“You are now freed from the Demon King’s Curse.” they all said in unison before smiling at me for the final time, and leaving to a better place. Their spirit dust took their bodies one by one, and I kneeled by Eunmi as her body deteriorated into the air, and flowing away with the wind. I stayed there, on the floor crying. My tears were dropping onto the floor, and I finally broke down. I had no more energy and fell to the floor. I stared at the 10 individually grouped stars in the sky and my eyes slowly closed, letting the poison take control of me.

 

Daehyun’s POV

Sumin was finishing up, sending everyone off, and we were just watching her. Everyone that had survived went back to the base for treatment, while the boys and I plus Clan Leader stayed behind just in case something happened to her. After Eunmi’s body was gone, she fell on the ground crying. We rushed up to her and I held her head in my lap. The Clan Leader kneeled down beside her and looked into her eyes, which were a dim glowing red still.

 

“The poison is slowly killing her, but we still have a chance of saving her if we get back to base quickly for treatment.” he nodded as I carried her bridal style and we raced back to base.

 

After a few moments, I was able to set her down on my bed, and Clan Leader pulled up a chair to sit beside her to start treatment immediately. A nurse came in and pushed us all out of the room. The six of us were sitting in the hallway.

 

Please be ok. Please. I silently prayed and closed my eyes to rest. It was finally over.

 

-2 hours later-

The nurse and leader finally came out. We stood up quickly to hear what he had to say.

 

“I was able to stop the poison from flowing to her mind, and the poison no longer has any deadly effects, so all we have to do it wait for it to completely flush out of her system. Then her body has to heal all its internal injuries caused by the poison, and external injuries caused by earlier.” he told us. We were all silent, relieved that she was ok.

 

“But there’s one more thing.” we all looked up at the nurse who spoke.

 

“She’s now in the comatose state.” he finished off the nurse’s sentence.

 

“How long will it be until she wakes up?” I asked him quickly.

 

“It all depends on her. It may takes a few days, but the most I’m guessing is a month.” he told us and left.

 

We all filed into my room and saw Sumin sleeping on my bed. Her breathing was light and steady and the sound filled the silent room.

 

“You boys can go rest. Come visit her again after everything is settled down and steady again.” I ordered them. They didn’t refuse and started walking out.

 

“Be sure you rest yourself ok?” Youngjae said before walking out and closing the door.

 

I turned to face Sumin again.

 

“Please wake soon.” I held onto her warm hand which were all scratched up and I looked at her face which was bandaged on her cheeks, and her skull was wrapped with gauze. A tear rolled down my cheek, but I wiped it away. I went to go take a shower and I slipped under the sheets next to Sumin. I wrapped my arm around her waist and gently fell asleep with her beside me.

 

-2 months later-

 

It’s been two months since she fell into a coma. The poison had been successfully removed out of her system two weeks ago, and it was all up to her to heal all her injuries and wake soon.

 

I spent everyday for the past two months, sleeping next to her, helped her clean her arms and legs, trim her nails, brush her hair, talk to her, keep her company. I was like her personal maid.

 

“You better wake up soon. I still have a lot of things to tell you.” I her hair and got out of bed. Today was the day we had a proper burial for all of our lost comrades. I spoke a few words to my buddies up above, and spoke in place of Sumin, but left a little bit for her to say when she ever woke up.

 

Their waiting for you to talk to them Sumin-ah.

 

-4 months later-

 

It’s been almost over half a year already since she fell into a coma. And I still spent everyday with her, next to her side, not letting up hope. I had an intense training today, and I just wanted to go to bed early. I took a quick shower and hopped into bed next to Sumin. I fixed her side of the blanket and s my arms around her waist, pulling her towards me. I nuzzled my nose into her neck. Then I told her something I meant to tell her when she woke up.

 

“Please wake up soon Sumin-ah. I love you.”

 

Then I suddenly something move and a pair of arms wrap my waist, pulling me in for a hug.

 

“I love you too Daehyunnie.” I heard her say.

 

I was so shocked that she was finally awake. I pulled out of the hug and cupped her face. It really was her, and she really was finally awake. I looked into her reddish brown eyes and she started back at me, a smile forming on her face. I pulled her into a hug and squeezed her tightly.

 

She’s finally back.


~The end.~