Third Encounter

More Than Meets The Eye

DAEHYUN’S POV

She’s the girl from yesterday. I couldn't believe it. I thought I would have to scout the whole school to find her. Should I report this back to headquarters? I didn’t know I was staring at her the whole class period until the bell rang and she turned toward me. She noticed me looking at her and she quickly put her head down and tried to walk away. I unconsciously grabbed her wrist and made her look at me.  

 

“Would you like to sit next to me at lunch?” I smiled to her.

 

SUMIN’S POV

“Would you like to sit next to me at lunch?” he smiled at me.

I stared at him. Then at where he was holding my wrist, then back at him. He noticed where I was staring at and quickly let go.

 

“Mianhe...” he said while scratching the back of his neck.

 

“It’s ok.” I whispered, quickly bowed and left. Before I made it out the door, he called out to me again.

 

“So is that a yes?” he said while smiling at me.

 

I couldn’t help but smile back at him and nod my head a little. He ran over to me and dragged me all the way to canteen, where we ordered our food and found a table in the corner of the room. I sat there quietly and quickly ate my food.

 

“So what do you usually do after school?” he tried to spark up a conversation.

 

“I usually have...uh...work until late at night.”

 

“Oh cool... what’s your job?”

 

“HUH?... um... I clean up messes. A MAID. Yea a maid...” Well its sort of true... I clean up the enemies that try to invade our base.

 

“Really? “ If I tell you, it’s just going to get you killed.

 

“Yea...”

 

Just as the conversation got more awkward, the bell rang. We walked back to class without talking and went through the rest of the day like that.

 

DAEHYUN’S POV

I noticed her staring at where I was holding her wrist. I quickly let go and apologized.

 

“Mianhe...”

 

“It’s ok.” and she quickly scurried off, but I called her back, wanting an answer.

 

“So is that a yes?” I smiled at her.

 

I saw her flash a small smile and nod her head. I smiled and dragged her to the canteen where we got out food and sat at a table in the corner of the room. Remembering that she came out of that scumbag Devil King’s base yesterday, I wanted to know more.

 

“So what do you usually do after school?” I tried to get her to say something.

 

“I usually have...uh...work until late at night.” Probably why I saw her walk out late at night...

 

“Oh cool... what’s your job?” Demon assassin I’m guessing?

 

“HUH?... um... I clean up messes. A MAID. Yea a maid...” A maid for the Demon King? I highly doubt that. Probably some newbie trainee or something.

 

“Really?” Hardcore lies.

 

“Yea...”

 

Just like that the bell rang and we headed back to class. She’s probably going to head there after school today. We went on with class for the rest of the day without saying anything to each other. I saw her quickly get out of her seat and head out the door. I aimlessly followed her out the school gate. Following her won’t be that bad. Maybe I can scope out some new information? She started walking and I waited a good distance before following her. She didn’t seem to notice that there was someone following her the whole time. For a demon, she doesn’t have the senses for one. Some training she’s getting. I smirked as I continued following her. She walked into the Demon King’s base and disappeared behind the gate. I think this is something to report back to headquarters.

 

SUMIN’S POV

As class ended, I headed back to base. Feeling a breeze behind me, I turned my head around to check. Is someone following me? I didn’t see anyone but an empty sidewalk. Must be my imagination I guess. I shrugged as I walked into base, greeting everyone on the way to my room. I stripped off all my clothes and stepped into the transformer tube.

 

{EYES} BROWN--> RED [COMPLETE]

{BODY} SLIM--> SLENDER [COMPLETE]

{HAIR} BROWN--> JET BLACK [COMPLETE]

{EARS} NORMAL-->FOX POINTED [COMPLETE]

{TAIL} NONE--> NINE

{STATURE} SHORT-->TALL [COMPLETE]

{DNA} HUMAN → DEMON [COMPLETE]

 

TRANSFORMATION COMPLETE

 

I stepped out and walked to my closet. I pulled out my regular uniform and put it on. A jet black tube top and combat shorts that ended right below my .  I feel in these clothes. Why does Father make me wear these?!

I walked down to where my Father was and bowed before him.

 

“Father, I am here for duty today.”

 

“Good. I need you to scout the perimeter again. Remember to call for help when needed.” He smirked at me again.

 

“Yes Father.” I bowed again before heading over to the weapon room. I greeted the worker there today and grabbed my custom made weapons. I slipped on my gauntlet and it roared to life. Power was surging through its mechanic veins glowing crimson red, receiving energy from its host body. I grabbed my daggers and they surged with energy, recognizing my touch, glowing a dark violet through its engraved veins on the hilt, as it radiated a deep purple at the blade. I slid them into my belt at I walked outside.

 

There was a slight breeze coming through our base, blowing my hair back. Then I realised something, there is never a breeze in our base. Everything here in manually controlled.


Something doesn’t seem right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) Sorry for the late night update xD was streaming Music Bank/Core earlier and then I hade writer's block >_< but luckily it cleared up :D kekeke~ ill update again tomorrow :3