Fourth Encounter

More Than Meets The Eye

DAEHYUN’S POV

I was heading back to base when I sensed something near. I quickly dashed and heard someone chasing after me. Without turning back, I sprinted back to headquarters.

 

Stepping into base boundaries, I bowed to Clan Leader. “Daehyun reporting for duty today, sir.”

 

“You seem to have a lot on your mind young one. Report now.”

 

“I found out a girl that goes to my school and works for the Demon King. As I was scoping out their base last night after yesterday’s mission, I saw her walk out of the side entrance to their base. To confirm, I followed her after school today and saw her enter their base.”

 

The Clan Leader seemed shocked at first, but then settled back down and put on his poker face,” Are they were both the same girl you saw last night and today?”

 

“I am very sure sir.”

 

“Keep this case private for now. I will investigate this myself. Scout base perimeters today.”

 

“Yes sir.” I bowed again before heading to my room to change into my gear. I hooked my weapon on my back and headed for the security border.

 

Another boring day.

 

CLAN LEADER’S POV

I saw Daehyun rush into the base. He looked like he just ran a whole mile in just 2 seconds. Probably did. I silently chuckled,

 

“You seem to have a lot on your mind young one. Report now.” Probably just a simple invader.

 

“I found out a girl that goes to my school and works for the Demon King. As I was scoping out their base last night after yesterday’s mission, I saw her walk out of the side entrance to their base. To confirm, I followed her after school today and saw her enter their base.” It can’t be her. He wouldn’t be so careless to let her wander out like that.

 

” Are they were both the same girl you saw last night and today?”

“Yes sir.” It looks like I’m going to have to take this into my own hands. Sending him would be sending him to death.

 

“Keep this case private for now. I will investigate this myself. Scout base perimeters today.”

 

He bowed and left the room quietly. I called in one of my top messengers to send a message for me. I wrote the message on a scroll, rolled it up,stamped it, and handed it to her.

 

“You know where to take this. Don’t get killed. Come back quickly.”

 

“Yes master.” she bowed and quickly dashed off.

 

It looks like I’m going to have an important meeting with someone tonight.

 

SUMIN’S POV

I heard the trees around base rustle with the wind. There is never a breeze here. I summoned a message orb with my fingers. I quickly whispered into, it requesting back up and watched it soar into base. Not waiting for backup, I quickly sprinted to where the noise was.

Target in sight.

Seeing no one near her, I dashed behind her, but she sensed me from behind and jumped up. I followed her and she dashed back onto the ground into the clearing of our base. She stopped and flashed the seal. I halted and stared at the seal. She spoke up first, breaking the silence.

 

“I bring a message from Clan Leader for Demon King, Miss.”

 

I quickly took the scroll and she bowed, dashing back into the evening wind. Everything went silent again and I took the scroll to my Father.

 

I kneeled on one knee before him, “Father, I bring you a message from Clan Leader.”

 

“Show it to me.”

 

I handed him the scroll and got up. “He sent his top messenger for this, so I presume it is something very important. Please do not discard it this time.”

 

“Very well daughter, I won’t throw it away. You are relieved from mission today. Rest well tonight.”

 

“Thank you Father. I will rest well tonight. Rest well too, Father.”

 

“You are dismissed.” he smiled at me.

 

I walked down the hall to the weaponry and powered down my gauntlet. I relaxed my muscles of my arm and the mechanical veins detached from my arm, slowly turning from a crimson red down to black. I slid my daggers out of their sheaths and placed everything under lock of my compartment. The deep violet slowly turned black, signaling that energy was no longer going through its blade. Stepping back out into the hall, I turned into my room and stripped off my combat clothes, walking into my transformation tube.

 

{EYES} RED--> BROWN [COMPLETE]

{BODY} SLENDER--> SLIM[ COMPLETE]

{HAIR} JET BLACK--> BROWN [COMPLETE]

{EARS} FOX POINTED--> NORMAL [COMPLETE]

{TAIL} NINE--> NONE [COMPLETE]

{STATURE} TALL--> SHORT [COMPLETE]

{DNA} DEMON--> HUMAN [INCOMPLETE]


TRANSFORMATION INCOMPLETE

--------------------------------------------

(A/N) CLIFF HANGER :D can you guess whats going to happen? I'll update when I get an idea <3