Fifth Encounter

More Than Meets The Eye

I walked down the hall to the weaponry and powered down my gauntlet. I relaxed my muscles of my arm and the mechanical veins detached from my arm, slowly turning from a crimson red down to black. I slid my daggers out of their sheaths and placed everything under lock of my compartment. The deep violet slowly turned black, signaling that energy was no longer going through its blade. Stepping back out into the hall, I turned into my room and stripped off my combat clothes, walking into my transformation tube.

 

{EYES} RED--> BROWN [COMPLETE]

{BODY} SLENDER--> SLIM[ COMPLETE]

{HAIR} JET BLACK--> BROWN [COMPLETE]

{EARS} FOX POINTED--> NORMAL [COMPLETE]

{TAIL} NINE--> NONE [COMPLETE]

{STATURE} TALL--> SHORT [COMPLETE]

{DNA} DEMON--> HUMAN [INCOMPLETE]

 

TRANSFORMATION INCOMPLETE

_____________________________________________________________________

SUMIN’S POV

 

Transformation Incomplete”

 

Did I hear that correctly? The machine repeated again.

 

Transformation Incomplete”

 

Oh my god. I couldn’t move from my spot. My body was still under transformation and tubes were still running through my body. I felt my eyes start streaming tears and I desperately called out for my Father.

 

“FATHER! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!” I choked on my tears, trying to grab the attention of someone passing by.

 

I saw one of the night guards, Eunmi, dash into my room.

 

“EUNMI UNNIE HELP ME! PLEASE GET MY FATHER!”

 

“OH MY GOD. SUMIN CALM DOWN WAIT HERE OK?!”, she shouted as she ran out of the room.

 

Tears were still streaming down my face when my Father burst into the room.

“Sumin-ah calm down. I’m going to need you to stay calm for me ok? Father’s going to get you out, but for now I need to channel your energy and release it for me ok?” my Father told me while panicing.

 

I closed my eyes and willed my energy into my arms. I felt my blood boil and felt my eyes turn red again. My blood’s temperature skyrocketed and the next thing I knew, I was falling onto the ground and being rushed to the hospital in my base, then everything out.

 

-2 hours later-

 

My eyelids felt heavy as my eyes drifted open, and I saw my Father and Eunmi sitting next to me.

 

“Sumin-ah are you ok? How do you feel?” Eunmi stood up.

 

“Let her rest, my child.”

 

“Yes master...”

 

Eunmi was the closest to a friend I ever had. She was always there for me before my Father gave me a human form and switched Eunmi to a night guard.

 

“Father what happened?” I croaked.

 

“Eunmi can you get her a glass of water?” my Father asked.

 

“As you wish sir.” Eunmi bowed before leaving the room.

 

He faced me again with a worried expression,” Your transformer generator malfunction. I had Eunmi check your generator and it seemed like someone took your human DNA chip out while you were scouting today.”

 

“How is that possible? I should’ve sensed someone coming into our base if it was an enemy.”

 

“Did something distract you earlier today? Did you sense anything when you were chasing after the messenger?”

 

My mind was just in confusion and everything started spinning again. I winced at the pain.

 

“My head hurts really badly Father.” I said while clutching my head.

 

“Don’t worry, just rest. Just wake when you feel better arraso? Don’t worry about school either.”

 

“Ok...” I muttered as my eyes fell closed again.

 

DAEHYUN’S POV

I saw the Clan Leader and our top female assassin, Minhee, walk out of base, towards the Demon King’s base shortly after the messenger left for their base.

Where are they going? Why isn’t he taking me?

 

Clan Leader’s POV

Shortly after the messenger left. I called in Minhee, my top female assassin and left. I hope the messenger distracts her well, or else everything won’t work. I hoped, as the both of us dashed with the wind towards their base. Seeing their daughter chase after my messenger. The both of us quietly snuck into the base and into her room and saw her transformer mounted on the wall. Sliding opening the generator, I saw her DNA chip inside its slot. Knowing I have this, he definitely has to talk to me. Yanking it from its place, I tossed it to Minhee and she hid it in her pouch, and we quickly ran out when the messenger was about to leave. The three of us dashed off back to headquarters.


It’s coming soon...