Tenth Enounter

More Than Meets The Eye

DAEHYUN’S POV

I woke up with a start and looked around the room. I was back in my room in headquarters. How did I get here? I glanced at the clock on my nightstand. 11:30 PM. It was almost time to meet Eunmi at the rooftop of school. I jumped into the bathroom and took a quick shower, to refresh my senses. Stepping out, I looked into the foggy mirror after wiping it with my hand. I saw my blank expression staring back at me, but something stood out. I looked into my own eyes, and there were glowing.

___________________________________________________________________

My blood started boiling and my whole body was started to twitch. Grabbing some clothes from my closet pulling them on, I ran as fast as I could towards the Clan Leader’s room. I burst through the door.

 

“WHO DARES TO DISTU-....” I cut him off.

 

“Sir what’s happening to me?”

 

He turned around saw that my eyes were glowing. My breathing was uneven and he could see the fear in my eyes. My body started to transform into who knows what. My head started hurting, so I closed my eyes and dropped to my knees, clutching my head. Images were starting to flash through my mind.

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

“You will never be able to catch me.”

 

“Well lets just see you try and run.”

 

“BE CAREFUL!” someone from behind shouted.

 

“QUICK, SOMEONE GRAB HIM!”

 

-FLASHBACK ENDS-

 

The whole war scene was a little bit clearer since the last time it flashed through my brain. The pain subsided, but my muscles were starting to become tighter. I felt like my flesh was changing shape and I looked back at the Clan Leader. I saw him hold a piece of paper near his mouth and chant a spell. Soon I was crashing on the floor, seeing nothing but pitch darkness.

EUNMI’S POV

I was waiting at the school rooftop, thinking about how I would explain it to him.

 

You’re a Cursed Miracle. No thats too straight forward.

 

I was still contemplating on what I should say when I heard my watch ring, signaling that it was midnight. Still no sight of him. As I was about to get up and leave, someone came up to me dressed in tight clothing and she had a mask covering her face. Ninja. I was about to jump off the building when she spoke up.

 

“Clan Master wishes to see you.”

 

Does he have to do with this? I hesitated before nodding and followed her to her base. We dashed through the shadows and made it to their base with the wind. She guided me to a room, which I’m guessing was the infirmary. His back was facing me, and it looked as if he was treating someone. I cleared my throat and the mysterious man turned around, revealing Daehyun laying on the bed, looking lifeless, and drained of energy.

 

“What happen to him?” my eyes widened.

 

“Let’s talk in my room, not here.” he guided and I follows briskly behind him.

 

As we stepped into his room, I closed his door and I kneeled in front of him.

 

“I come for good, not evil. I hope to release us 14 Cursed Miracles from this spell, forever.” I held my fist over my heart and my hand behind my back, still kneeling in front of him on one knee.

 

He chuckled at my pledge, “I’ve know that since the 14th Miracle was born, my child. I presume you are Song Eunmi, 13th Cursed Miracle?”

 

“That is correct sir.”

 

“I’m guessing you already know Daehyun’s secret also.”

 

I hesitated to answer.

 

“No need to be afraid, I treat all allies well. I trust you know what I’m talking about.”

“I know his secret. May I ask something?”

 

“Speak.”

 

“Does he know his own secret?”

 

His straight face was still plastered on his face, “No.”

 

There was a period of silence.

 

“I’ve made a promise to the last Cursed Miracle’s guardians. To free anyone and everyone from the damned man’s power. Daehyun was the first I was able to free, and I erased his memories from his past after we captured him.”

 

“How come I’ve never had any memories of him?”

 

“This happened on his first year, before you were born.”

 

“How did you seal Daehyun’s demon DNA?” he didn’t seem to mind me asking questions.

 

“I revived him.”

 

“Revived? But we can’t die. We’re given immorality.”

 

“That’s true. I set him into a coma, and reawaken him as a new person. I was able to seal his power using a few spells. It took years for me to seal it completely, but the seal is quickly crumbling.”

 

“What happens when the seal crumbles?”

 

“He transforms back into his demon form.”

 

There was another period of silence.

 

“As you saw earlier, Daehyun look drained of energy.”

 

“I saw. He looked the same as what happened to Sumin today.”

 

“As I told you, the seal is quickly crumbling. Something you didn’t know was that Sumin also has a seal casted on her. Both seals are quickly crumbling, and their true power is forming. Their inner demons are starting to awaken, so is yours, but you're not as powerful. You are apart of the elite 3 of the Generation of Cursed Miracles. You 3 hold the most power.”

 

He paused for a moment before continuing. “What you saw earlier that happened to Sumin was not related to her mis transformation. It is her seal that is fading, and her power is starting to awaken. You must be careful of her, and yourself also.”

 

I was there facing the ground, taking in all the information. Our inner demons.

 

“You are dismissed. Be very careful when going back to base. Our scent may be on you now.”

 

“Thank you.” I bowed before turning back. I was opening the door when I saw someone at the door. I froze in place realizing who it was.

 

“Daehyun.”


“What secret? What seal? What is going on?”