Eighteenth Encounter

More Than Meets The Eye

Sumin’s POV

Child. A voice spoke to me, but I couldn’t open my eyes. I thrashed around to wake up and respond to the voice, but my body just wouldn't listen. Calm down. I obeyed the command and relaxed. Now focus your attention to my voice. I stopped focusing on trying to wake up and diverted all of my attention to the source of the voice, my mind. After a few shimmering images, and female wolf suddenly appeared in front of me.

 

“We meet again child.” She smiled at me. It was the same wolf I met on the day I was assigned to her.

 

“Yes ma’am.” I could feel myself bowing down to her, but couldn’t physically see it.

 

“No need to be so formal. Please rise.” she told me and I obeyed her wish.

 

“What did you come for today?” I tried to sound as stressless as possible.

 

“I only have a few words before I go. My time with you is short, so I'll make it quick. Both sides will break out into war tomorrow.”

 

“What? How can this be?” I was utterly confused at what she was trying to tell me.

 

“On your next awakening, you will no longer possess the minor wolf powers, but an alpha wolf’s, which is my power. I’m giving you my life to fight in this last battle to set us all free.”

 

“There’s no way I can do that, not alone.” I denied being able to save anyone, including myself.

 

“You do not have to worry my child. The burden will not be just on you. The person that deals the final blow isn’t you.” she told me.

 

“Huh? What do you mean?”

 

“You won’t be the person to set everyone free, but you are a big part of that process. When you awaken after this message, I will no longer be able to control your power output level, only you can. If you accept my spirit, then it will move as you command, but if you go against it, you will no longer be able to control your conscience.” she warned me.

 

“How much time is left?”

 

“This is not something I can tell you. Sense with your body, think outside the walls, imagine that you have eyes beyond the barriers.”

 

I gently closed my eyes, and took a deep breath. I tried to think of having vision of the outside world, and my whole body relaxed on its own.

 

“Are you ready?” she asked me.

 

“Yes.” I confidently answered her. I felt a spirit entering my body again, but the process was much more painful. My body features were changed again, and my body composition wasn’t the same as before. The pain finally subsided after a few more seconds, and the female wolf’s voice came again.

 

“You did well. The remaining two seals are up to your willpower to break. My spirit is very compatible with yours, and you have successfully accepted my soul. My power, is now in your control.” With her last words, her presence sinked into my newly transformed body and I was able to control myself again.

 

My eyes opened, and the room was pitch black, but I could see the red glow from my eyes, making my vision a tinted red color. I attempted to sit up, but there was a metal restrain on my waist. I remembered that Minhee said if I ever needed help, I should just call her name.

 

“Minhee unnie?” I whispered, and is if the air was a messenger, my request was delivered to her, and she arrived a few minutes later in front of my cell. She opened the door and came inside.

 

“Did you ask for me Sumin?” she walked up to me and sat on my bedside.

 

“Could you release the waist restrain? I want to sit up.” she sensed that my body has now transformed into a more mature looking body, and I had grown again.

 

“Alright.” she pulled out a key from her belt and opened the wall box, revealing the different switches. After flipping a few switches, the belt retracted and I was able to sit up. She came back to sit on my bedside.

 

“Give me your hand.” she took my hand and set it in her palm, her other hand on top.

 

“I want you to relax. I need to be able to see your body composition and how far it’s progressed.” I followed her command and closed my eyes, relaxing all off my muscles in my body, slowing down my heart rate. Suddenly, I felt heat radiating from my hand and I panicked a little, opening my eyes and found her staring back at me.

 

“Shh its ok. Just relax.” the heat stopped radiating and she used her hand on top of mine to my head. I nodded my head and closed my eyes again, once again slowing down my heart beat. Her free hand settled on top of my palm again, then the heat came back. I openly accepted the heat and let the it flow through my body. It warmed me up right away, as if it was traveling through my body to map out a blueprint. A few minutes later, she lifted her hand from mine and set my hand on my lap. There was now a tingly sensation going through my body.

 

“Thank you. Now I have checked the progress, and the process has just started. It has started off smoothly, now you have nothing to worry about for now.” She got up and left, closing the door behind her.

 

I sighed and closed my eyes, trying to picture the outside, to see what time it was. I got blurry visions, but I could tell it was the next morning. I opened my eyes again, now knowing what time it was. There was nothing to do, so I closed my eyes again and focused on trying to remember what happened in the past few days. Things slowly started flooding back to me, but I started going through all my memories and some made me chuckle, some making me cry, and some that made me really happy. I was almost at the end, or at least I thought I was. It was almost to the time I was just born. I saw 2 figures dashing through the dark night.

 

-flashback-

 

In the fall night, the trees rustled as their movements reflected the wind. The only source of light was the moon, shining dully upon them while carrying obtained information to the enemies.

 

“Did you bring the information?”

 

“I did. Are you getting close to invading? The Demon King is starting to grow suspicious of our nightly disappearances. He is planning to start our daughter’s training soon. We don’t want for her to learn any of his cruel ways.”

 

Oh don’t worry sweetheart, I will take care of her my way, and teach her everything she needs to know about being a ruthless killer.”

 

The demon’s parents eyes widened, recognizing the Demon King’s voice immediately. They were caught trying to slip information to the enemy like that have been for the past few months.

 

“Also, tell my wife in Hell I said hello for me. She will be very glad she has company now.”  He smirked. “Don’t worry, I will take good care of your daughter.”

 

-flashback ends-

 

My eyes fluttered open. The whole truth that he hid from me. It was now in my knowledge. Unconsciously my eyes started becoming wet, and tears formed and fell down my face. I looked down to the floor.

 

“This can’t be. Not like this.”

 

Daehyun’s POV

We spent the last night preparing weapons and going over formations with the trainees and different There was only a rough 14 more hours due until battle, and we still had much work to do. My phone rang and it was Eunmi.

 

“Is everything coming along?”

 

“We’re still a long way to, but most of it will be done when it starts. Hopefully.”

 

“How’s Sumin?”

 

“Minhee told us that she’s accepted the spirit, and transformation is in progress, but it may not be in time for tonight’s showdown.”

 

“Anything else?”

 

“There was one last thing that she told me, but Minhee said that you have to be ready if I ever told you what it was.”

 

“What is it.”

 

“The final piece of the complete transformation. Her memory. It’s back.

 

“All of it?” I sensed her voice tense.


“Yea, all of it.”

----------------------------------

The transformation is almost complete! I feel some like come crazy scientist xD. Stayed up all night planning the big finale and it'll be rolling out in the next few days. I've put my other 3 stories on temporary hiatus until I finish this one since I've kept you guys waiting for too long already. Please comment what you think will happen next chapter in the area provided below and subscribe to find out soon! ~Sinyeon