Fashion Week

Because of You

The whole week before that weekend, Nicole was preparing her clothes, her models, etc.

The Seoul Fashion Show came quicker than Nicole thought.  Before she knew it, the tickets were sold out, the catwalk was set up, chairs were being filled up by important guests, and she was rushing around like a chicken with her head chopped off.

Key walked into the crowded back.  He looked around for Nicole, who was easily found because she was the one ordering people around.

"Boo."  he whispered in her ear.

She jumped and turned around.  Key tried to look somewhere else, but earned himself a slap in the chest by Nicole.

"Ow!"  he complained, rubbing his chest.

Nicole finished pinning the dress on one of the models and turned to Key.

"Did you need something?"  Nicole asked.

She walked to Hara, who was waiting for her final check.

"Also, my parents are here,"  he said.  "and they want to meet you."

Nicole's face went blank.  Her heart started to panic.

"Oh, um...when?"  she asked, turning Hara around.

Hara could tell that Nicole was freaking out because her hands become shaky when she's nervous.

"If possible, after the show."  Key said.

Nicole briefly stopped fixing Hara's dress, then nodded.

"Sure, but there's going to be quick press interviews after, so it may be a while."  she said, trying to stay calm.

Key could also tell that Nicole was nervous.  She always avoided his eyes when something unexpected happened.  He looked at Hara for some help.  Hara got the message and nodded at him.

"Oh, Cola, I gotta use the bathroom quickly."  Hara said, picking up her dress and running towards the bathroom.

"Ya, Hara!  I was almost done!"  she yelled, but was too late.

Key smirked and took Nicole's hands.

"Nicole-ah, it's just a quick meeting because they have to fly to Japan for a meeting, so there's nothing to worry about."  Key insured her.  "I'll be by your side."

She looked at him and found trust in those loving eyes of his.  She hugged him and whispered in his ears:  "I love you."

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   * 

Key walked back into the event, where his parents were busy talking to a couple of friends.  MinHo walked over to him.

"Hey, you decided to come."  Key said, shaking his hand.

"Yeah, since Nicole did invite me."  he teased.

"Sure,"  Key nodded.  "Nicole is your friend and so is Goo Hara."

MinHo scoffed and they both walked back to Key's parents.  They sat down by the second row and the show began.

The host came out and thanked everybody for coming.

"Enjoy the show."

As the host walked backstage, the background lights dimmed and the catwalk lights .

Being the first model, the butterflies in Hara's stomach fluttered.  She took in deep breaths and closed her eyes.

The music pumped up, signaling Hara to enter the stage.  She walked all the way to the end with no signs of nervousness, just perfection.  Everybody applauded at the gorgeous model.  As she turned from side to side, she saw a familiar face, a warm smile.

MinHo stared at the shining beauty as she walked down the stage.  Her elegant dress fitted around her slim body.

"Beautiful" were the words that repeated in his head.

She shyly smiled back to the audience and turned back around.

In the finale, Hara walked back out wearing a long white dress with her hair pinned into a bun.

white.jpg

MinHo stared at her with awe.

"She's pretty."  Mrs. Kim said, patting MinHo's knee.

MinHo looked over to her.  She smiled at him and applaud when Hara posed at the end.

"Yes, yes she is."  MinHo whispered to himself.

At the end, Hara walked back out holding hands with Nicole.  She bowed at everybody as they gave her a standing ovation.

Nicole caught the eyes of Key.  They shared a swift moment of stillness and warmness.  Key winked at her and she gave him the smile that only he can see.

At the back, everybody congratulated Nicole for a successful show and she thanked everybody for their hard work.

Hara gave her a hug.

"Oh, my god!  Good job, Nicole!"  Hara squealed.

"Thank you!"  she said.

"Nicole-sshi, quick press conference!"  the host said.

She nodded and followed the host outside.

Key, MinHo, and the Kims walked backstage to see the staff and models celebrating with champagne.  They found Hara still in her finale dress, clinking glasses with other models.

"Hara-sshi!"  shouted Key.

She turned around and Key and MinHo was waving at her.  She excused herself and made her way to them.  MinHo couldn't take his eyes off of her radiant beauty.

"Annyeonghaseyo!"  she said to Key and MinHo.  "I'll thank you for Nicole.  Thanks for coming!"

"Goo Hara, this is my parents."  Key introduced.  "This is Goo Hara, Nicole's friend."

She bowed to the couple standing next to him.   

"Hello, Hara-sshi."  Mrs. Kim said.  "You really are beautiful, just like MinHo said."

MinHo looked around, rubbing his neck in embarrassment.  Hara was shock to here that MinHo would say something like that about her.

Nicole came back inside.  Key took her hand and they went to where he left his parents.

"Mother, Father, this is Jung Nicole."  Key introduced.

They smiled and said hello to her.  Nicole bowed and said hello back.  Key held onto her hand tightly, knowing she's getting nervous.

"Hi, Miss Jung.  We've heard a lot about you."  Mr. Kim said.

"Good things, I hope?"  Nicole jokingly asked.

They laughed and Mrs. Kim nodded.

"Great things."  she emphasized.  "Well, we would love to invite you over for dinner but we have a flight to catch."

"Oh, it's okay."  Nicole said.  "Maybe next time when you're free."

They nodded and excused themselves.  Key walked them out and Nicole let out a sigh of relief.

Hara walked over to her.

"So, how'd it go?"  she asked.

"Hopefully, good."  Nicole answered.

~Meanwhile~

"So, what did you think of Nicole?"  Key asked, walking his parents to the waiting car.

"She's nice and pretty, too."  Mr. Kim complimented.  "I like her."

Key thanked his father and turned towards his mom.

"Mom?"  he asked.

"Eh, she seems like every other girl out there."  his mother said.  "but I guess she's okay."

Key sighed and gave his mother a hug.

"Thanks, mom!"  he said.

They got to the car, where the driver opened the door for them.

"We'll call you when we land, honey."  Mrs. Kim said, giving her son a hug.

"Okay, Mom.  See ya, Dad." Key said, giving his dad a hug, too.

They got into the car and Key waited until they left the parking lot, then went back inside to Nicole.

Inside the car, Mr. and Mrs. Kim had a silent moment.

"So, what did you really think of Jung Nicole, dear?"  Mr. Kim asked, knowing his wife too well to fall for her sweet talk.

"She's pretty, but I just think Amber's prettier."  Mrs. Kim said, applying on some lipstick.

"You're really gonna force your son into marrying your friend's daughter?"  Mr. Kim asked, putting down his coffee.

"I didn't say I was going to force him,"  she said, dabbing her nose with powder.  "I said that they will meet and Key will definately fall in love with her."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E :

Chapter 7! omg, what's gonna happen next? I don't know myself! i have writer's block which because I thought I had a great story in my head but when I think about it, it sounds so random! AH! well, hopefully this chapter builds some suspense into the next chapter!

Please comment and i'll update as soon as i think of ideas!