The Surprise Visit

Because of You

1:35 A.M.

Nicole was standing out on her balcony, fidgetting with her warm cup of tea.  She couldn't shake her mind off of the wedding and her fashion show.

She needs to do the wedding, to show Mrs. Kim that she is over Key, and to show that she needs to move on.  She placed her cup down and reached for her phone.

  ~♫♪ Juliette, I'll give you my soul~~♫♪ Juliette, please accept me~♫♪ 

There's only one person with that ringtone.  And he has been calling for the past hour.  Another reason why she couldn't fall asleep...she missed his voice serenading her to sleep.

She was hesitating, moving her arm towards and away from her phone.  The phone stopped ringing and Nicole's fingers curled back into a gentle fist.

"Why don't you pick up your phone?"

Nicole looked up and turned around towards the voice.  She slowly walked towards the railings of the balcony, her heart beating fast.

In front of her balcony stood Key, leaning against his car, looking up at her.  He shook her phone at her with a pouting face, making Nicole giggle.

Key was happy to see Nicole smiling again or giggling.

Nicole focused back to what just happened and cleared .

"What are you doing here?"  Nicole asked.

Key took in a deep breath and nodded his head to one side.

"Why aren't you picking up my calls?"  Key asked again.

"Why would I pick up my phone at one in the morning?"  Nicole said.

"Because you're still up."  Key smirked.

Duh, Nicole.  Stupid.  Nicole scolded to herself.

"Key, it's late.  Go home."  Nicole said.

Key looked at the ground and back up at her.

"No.  Not until you talk to me."  Key said.

Nicole almost said 'yes', but no, it has to be strictly business.

"Go home, Key."  Nicole said.  She turned around and started to walk away from the balcony, until a car horn starled her.

Nicole jumped and quickly walked back to the balcony.  Key was now standing by the driver's seat, his hand over the horn.

"What do you think you're doing?!"  Nicole quietly yelled, taking a glance around, hoping nobody woke up from the noise.

"Trying to get you to talk to me."  Key said.  He pressed the horn again, this time, louder.

Nicole shushed him and glanced around again, more anxious than before.

"Stop it!  You'll wake up my neighbors!"  Nicole scolded.

Key honked again.

"Then you'll be to blame, for leaving a poor man out here in the cold night, just wanting to talk to you."  Key said, smiling.

Nicole wasn't going to fall into his trick and she can't.

"Do whatever you want then."  Nicole said.

But before she could walk away, Key honked the horn and holding it for a good five seconds.  Nicole ran back and shushed him.

"Okay! Okay, okay, okay!  We'll talk!"  Nicole gave in.

Key smiled and winked at Nicole.  Nicole rolled her eyes and went inside.  She quietly snuck out of her room and downstairs to the living room.

She slowly closed the front door, trying to reduce the sound of the creaks.  As she turned around, she slammed into something.  She let out a scream, but Key muffled it with a kiss.

Nicole didn't know what to be surprised of: Key scaring her or Key kissing her.

Oh, how Key missed those sweet lips of Nicole.  It brought back so many happy memories and good feelings.  He felt happy to have Nicole in his arms again.  He didn't feel cold anymore.

She slowly wrap her arms around him but pushed him away and confusingly stared at the ground.  What just happened wasn't right.  She couldn't let  her feelings get in the way.  He's a soon-to-be married man.

They stood there awkwardly for awhile until Nicole broke the ice.

"Y-You wanted to talk?"  Nicole asked.

"Yeah."  Key said.

"Then let's talk."  Nicole said.

Nicole brushed past Key and walked to his car.  Key touched his lip with his thumb and smirked at himself.

Hopefully, that brought back those feelings like it did to me, Nicole.  Key thought.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A  U  T  H  O  R  '  S     N  O  T  E  :  :

CHAPTER 17 is FINALLY up!!! SOOOOOO SORRY for not being able to post up like I promised! I"ve been so busy getting ready for college and it's stressing me out.  But being able to write again has shed some of that stress off.  Thanks to my subscribers that comment and are still reading my story!  I hope to finish this story before I start mving into college!  Please leave a comment and subscribe if you havent! Thanks for supporting!

much luvv