Engagement?

Because of You

Everybody was busy running around trying to perfect things that need perfection.  The florists were carrying big bouquets of flowers, the carpenters were setting up the chairs and tables inside the ball room, and Nicole was walking through the church, making sure everything was perfect.  She fixed the silk drapes on the front of the tables, she picked out the correct napkins for the plates, and she made sure the cake was in perfect condition.  Hara was busy ordering the photographers around and many other employees.

Nicole walked to the guest rooms, where Amber was getting ready.  She knocked on the door and walked in.

"Annyeo."  Nicole said, peeking in.

Amber waved and told the makeup artist to leave them.  Nicole thanked her and closed the door.

"Awww..." Nicole awed.  "So pretty."

"Please,"  Amber scoffed.  "I look so ridiculous in this gown."

Nicole laughed and walked over to her.

"Unnie, why are you doing this?"  Amber asked, before Nicole could say anything.

"I'm your wedding planner."  Nicole stated the obvious.

"Duh, but..."  Amber said.

She stood up, or more like stumbled standing up, and faced Nicole.

"Unnie, this isn't right."  Amber said.  "You and Key-oppa...I know there is still something there."

Nicole sighed and took Amber's hands.

"There was always something there with me and Key-sshi,"  Nicole said.  "but we are just not meant to be."

"Stop saying that, Nicole!"  Amber groaned.  "You and Key-oppa are SO meant to be!"

Nicole turned to Amber.  Amber stopped talking as Nicole looked at her with her stern eyes.  Nicole gave her a small half-smile.  She turned Amber around and fixed her laced back.

"You and Key are so similar.  You both can't accept the fact that sometimes life is unfair and that some decisions are made for you without your consideration."  Nicole said, carefully retightening the laces.

"Unni-"

"Shh, Amber." Nicole hushed.

She turned her around and took her hands.

"You are the luckiest girl in the world.  You're such a beautiful girl, who will have a sweet guy as your future husband.  So, don't worry about other people, like me.  You have a bright future in front of you.  So, chin up and smile that pretty smile that I know you have, okay?"

Even though Nicole was smiling, Amber could see the pain that Nicole's putting up with.  A knock came from the door and Hara and Krystal walked in.

"Everything's set."  Hara said.

Nicole took a deep breath for Amber and double checked her dress.

"Ready?" Nicole asked.  Amber looked away stubbornly and Nicole took her hand.

"Amber...ready?"  Nicole asked again.

"What do you think?" Amber asked.

Nicole smiled and sighed.

"Let's get this party started then." Nicole said, taking her train.

Amber stubbornly walked out, while Hara and Krystal followed behind them.

~~~In the Groom-to-be room~~~

Mr. and Mrs. Kim walked to Key's room.  Inside, Key was fixing his tie.

"Hello, son."  Mr. Kim said, patting his shoulder.  "You are one handsome man today."

"Thanks, dad."  Key said.

"Oh, my baby has grown up so fast!"  Mrs. Kim said.  "Finally getting married.  Well, engaged but marriage is in a month!"

Key groaned on the inside but forced a smile on his face.  A knock came from the door.  MinHo and JongHyun walked in.

"Everything's all set."  MinHo announced.

"Great!  Let's get going then!"  Mrs. Kim said, cheerily.

MinHo nodded and walked up to Key.  He patted his arm.

"Ready?"  He asked.

Key nodded with a sigh.  He turned around and had a final look in the mirror.

How is Nicole doing about this?  He thought.

They walked out and followed Mr. and Mrs. Kim to the main room.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Out in the hallway, Amber's group met up with Key's group.  Amber and Nicole politely greeted Key's parents.  Key couldn't stop looking at Nicole.  He couldn't stop picturing her in that wedding dress from the last time they got together.  Nicole greeted Key casually and gave him her best smile.  It hurt Key's heart knowing that Nicole's smile isn't the warm smile that he always felt before and that she, too, is hurting inside.  Mrs. Kim looked at Key staring at Nicole.

"Is everything okay, Nicole-sshi?" She asked, interrupting Key's thoughts.

Nicole was taken by surprise.  She didn't do anything wrong, did she?

"Yes, everything is all set."  Nicole recovered.  "They are ready for us, if you guys are."

Mrs. Kim smiled and the doormen opened the doors for them.

Everybody stood up as the parents walked in.  Applause filled the room and cameras flashed as the handsome Groom-to-be and beautiful Bride-to-be walked in.  Nicole, MinHo, and Hara stayed behind and stood by the end of the stage.  The host started the ceremony and the guest speakers made their speeches.  Everything was going as planned.

Finally, it was time for Key and Amber to exchange their engagement rings.  They stood up and Key took Amber's ring out of the red velvet box.  Key slipped it on her finger.  As Amber took Key's ring out of the box, she fell to the side, unconcious.  Key caught her in time before she hit the hard floor.  Nicole, MinHo, and Hara, along with the Luis and Kims, ran to them.

"Amber!" They shouted, trying to wake her up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A  U  T  H  O  R  '  S     N  O  T  E  :  :

Heyy, my peeps! LOL SOOOOOO SORRY for not writing for a good amount of time!!! I finally GRADUATED just last Thursday! YAY ME!! Anyways, Chpater 15 is up! Thanks for those who keep checking on my lame story and wanting to read more! That was very motivating! And those who just subscribed, please keep reading and comment!!!! Hopefully, now that it's summer, more chapters will be up! Thanks again, comment, recommendations welcomed, and Happy Summer!!!

much luvv