Change in Plans

Because of You

Everybody was pacing back and forth in the hallways of the hospital.  Mr. Lin and Mr. Kim were talking amounst themselves, while Mrs. Kim was trying to calm down the crying and shaking Mrs. Lin.  Key was standing by the door, still in his black suit.  He stared at the cold ground, thinking back to what just happened.

~Flashback~

Finally, it was time for Key and Amber to exchange their engagement rings.  They stood up and Key took Amber's ring out of the red velvet box.  Key slipped it on her finger.  As Amber took Key's ring out of the box, she fell to the side, unconcious.  Key caught her in time before she hit the hard floor.  

"Amber-"

Amber winked at Key and closed her eyes tightly again.  Key was confused at what she just did, but caught on quickly.  Nicole, MInHo, and Hara, along with the Lins and Kims ran to them, shouting her name, trying to get her to wake up again.

Key watched quietly as Nicole quickly pulled out her cellphone and frantically dialed for an ambulance.  That's what he liked about her-always caring for others.  Nicole ended her call and caught Key looking at her.  He gave her a small smile that only her can tell, and focused back on the unconsious Amber.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Key thought of all the possiblities of why Amber faked a fainting scene: she doesn't want to marry him, she just wanted him to worry about her, she wanted him to hold her in his arms, or she wanted a reason to not get engaged.  He mentally noted to himself to ask her what her "plan" was.  Whatever the reason was, it gave Key another chance to change Nicole's mind.

MinHo, Hara, and Nicole came back with bags of drinks and snacks for everybody.  Nicole looked at the stern-faced Key and walked over to him.  She handed him a bottle of warm soy milk.  Key looked at it and at her.

"Something to calm you down."  She said, nudging the milk at him.  "It's soy milk."

He chuckled and took it.  Nicole smiled and turned back.

"You remembered."

She stopped and turned back to him.

"You remembered that I only drink soy milk."  He said.

Nicole smiled at the thought it, too, and nodded.

"To the littlest details of our relationship."  Nicole answered back.

That...that was all Key needed to hear to know that she hasn't forgotten about their relationship, about their love...about him.  

The doctor came out of the room and everybody rushed to him.

"How is my daughter, Dr. Huang?" asked Mrs. Lui.

"She's doing fine now.  Just a bit of fatigue and dehydration is all."  He explained.  

Key tried not to laugh, knowing that Amber asked the doctor to say all this nonsense.  MinHo and Hara looked at him and then at each other in confusion.

"Um...KiBum-sshi, she would like to see you before she rests."  the doctor asked.

The Lins and Kims were surprised and happy that Amber has asked for him and quickly told him to hurry to his bride's side.

"Oh, can we go, too, please?"  MinHo asked, pointing at Hara and Nicole.

The doctor nodded and escorted the parents to his office to talk more.  They waited until the adults had left and walked in.

As the group walked in, they were confused at what they were seeing.  Amber was sitting up-right and laughing at the articles that she's reading off of her phone.  Key just smirked and shook his head.  The rest...well, they were scratching their heads.

Amber saw the group walk in and calmed herself down.

"Annyeo!"  she said, cheerfully waving at them.

MinHo, Hara, and Nicole awkwardly waved back as they sat down on their seats.  Amber laughed out loud again.

"Hey, listen to this: "Could it be that Miss Amber was so surprised at the size of her engagement ring that she fainted or that the rock was too heavy that caused her so much pain that caused her finger's circulation to stop?" Hahahahhaa!!!" Amber laughed.

Key chuckled and shook his head one more time.  Nicole stood up and walked over to her.

"What's going on, Amber?"  Nicole asked.

Amber closed her phone and took Nicole's hands.

"Unnie, don't worry!  This was part of my plan!"  Amber spilled.  "I can't believe it worked!"

MinHo scoffed, dumbfoundedly, and Hara giggled at such a childish idea.

"I thought-we thought that you fainted!  Nearly gave all of us, especially your parents, a heart attack!"  Nicole scolded.

"Sorry, Nicole."  Amber apologized.  "Like I said, it was all part of my plan.  The good thing is that it worked!"

She turned to the three that was in the back of the room.

"Did you guys know about this?"  she asked them.

"No...no, we didn't."  Hara defended.  "But a while back, MinHo and I were assuming that it could've been a trick, and we were right."

Nicole finally understood why Key didn't seem too concerned.  Nicole sat on foot of the bed.

"So, what were you trying to accomplish, Amber-sshi?"  Nicole asked.  "All this just to get out of the wedding?"

"Yup, and for you and Key-oppa to deal things out...the right way!"  Amber said, snacking on the yogurt.

They laugh at Amber's naive plan.  At the age of 21, she still has a brain of a ten year old.

A knock on the door was heard.  The parents and doctor entered the room.  Nicole moved over to the rest of the group as Mrs. Lui ran over to Amber and praised the Lord that her little Amber was alright.

"Well, it seems like you have gotten better." the doctor winked.

Nicole quietly laughed.  Of course, Amber must've asked the doctor to play along with her.

"Yes, I must've been tired and hungry."  Amber explained.  "Good thing Nurse Sunny left a bunch of snacks for me!"

Everybody laughed at her remark.  Amber turned to the Kims.

"I'm so sorry for ruining the ceremony, Mr. and Mrs. Kim."  Amber apologized.

"That's okay, Amber-sshi." Mr. Kim reassured.

"Yes, Amber, and don't worry too much on the engagement."  Mrs. Kim said.  "We've decided to cancel this engagement."

"What?  So, there is no wedding, then?" Amber exclaimed (trying to be polite at the same time).

"Not exactly,"  Mrs. Kim laughed.  "We've decided to cancel the engagement and just do the wedding."

Amber slouched down in disappointment.

"Of course."  Key scoffed to himself.

"We were also thinking of moving your wedding up a few weeks, say, June 6th?"  Mrs. Kim said, turning to Nicole.

Nicole was surprised that they were going to move it that fast.  It only gave her three weeks to work on the wedding preperations.

"Umma!"  Amber whined.

"Umma, aren't you rushing things too much?"  Key asked, coldly.

"Anni."  Mrs. Kim shook her head.  "I'm just afraid that 

"So, Nicole, if you wouldn't mind just getting all the preparations for the wedding ready by next week?"  Mrs. Kim smiled.

Nicole hesitated, trying to put everything together.

"Good. We'll talk more in detail tomorrow."  Mrs. Kim exclaimed.  "Oh, Key, please take Amber home.  The Luis' and us are going to Singapore in a bit."

Key nodded and walked them out.  As Key exited, Hara walked over to Nicole.

"Cori, don't we have the Summer Fest in Sydney on June 5th?"  Hara asked.

"Oh, crap!"  Nicole whispered.

She totally forgot all about the Summer Fest in Sydney that K.A.R.A. had been invited to.  It's the fashion show of the summer and Nicole's clothes line were going to be featured in it.  She and Hara begged Gyuri to let them miss the convention come a day late because of this wedding.  They've been to many fashion shows that they didn't need to go to the pre-fashion day.  Now that the wedding is moved to later, they cannot afford to miss this show. 

"What's going on?"  MinHo asked.

"Well, Nicole and I have to be in Sydney for a fashion show on June 5th, because I'm going to be modeling Nicole's clothes."  Hara explained.  "But because of this wedding, the plan was that we were going to leave late afternoon of June 6th, after the wedding ceremony, in order to make it for the practice run."

MinHo scrunched his face and was speechless.  Nicole was about ready to cry.  She has been waiting for this Summer Fest and it was going to be the fashion show that will get her collection out there to the fashion world, but because of this, she probably can't do it.

Nicole took her phone out and quickly tapped a number.  She quickly walked out to the hall.

"Gyuri-ah.  It's Nicole.  Is there a possiblity for you and I could talk later today?"

Hara, MinHo, and Amber waited until Nicole slowly walked back into the room.  Hara looked at her and crossed her fingers hoping Nicole didn't do what she thought she would do.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A  U  T  H  O  R  '  S     N  O  T  E  :  :

Chapter 16 is up!  Please leave a comment and subscribe if you havent! Thanks for supporting! Hopefully, now that it's summer, more chapters will be up! Thanks again, comment, recommendations welcomed, and Happy Summer!!!

much luvv