Call Him

Because of You

*Carney Hotel*

Nicole and TaeMin rushed into the kitchen, where JiYoung was busy topping the food.

"Thank god you're here!"  JiYoung cried, still decorating the plates of meat.

"Sorry, JiYoung!  Night traffic!"  Nicole apologized.

"It's okay, put these on.  Hurry!"  JiYoung ordered.

Nicole and TaeMin helped each other tie on their apron.  TaeMin quickly reached across the table and gave JiYoung a kiss.  Nicole stared in envy of the little couple.

TaeMin and Jiyoung have been together for three years now.  They go to the same school, but live in different apartments.  For their upcoming one-year anniversary, JiYoung wants to ask TaeMin to move in with her.  As for TaeMin, he's waiting for the perfect moment to propose to JiYoung, with Nicole and Hara's help.  He doesn't want JiYoung to feel rushed into marriage, so it will be an engagement.

Nicole cleared , breaking up the couple.  JiYoung blushed and put the finishing touches on the hor d'ourves.

"Okay, go!  Go!"  JiYoung shouted.

Nicole followed TaeMin, who had already started serving the guests.  She casually passed aroung the guests, and cheerfully chatting with them for a short while.

"Hor d'ourves?"  Nicole asked.

"Thank you." said a man with long, orange hair.

Nicole extended the plate to him.

"Hey."

Nicole looked towards the voice.  It was the guy from the coffee shop.  That was the third time this week!  He looked really good in a suit.

key+259.jpg

Key was surprised to see Nicole there, as a waitress.  He thought she was a designer.  He felt happy to see her again, the third time this week.

"Hi."  she responded, shyly.

A lady, the only lady from the group, broke the awkward silence.

"Do you guys know each other?"  she asked in her soft voice.

Nicole and Key looked at the petite lady.  Before Key could answer, Nicole spoke.

"No, we don't.  Sorry for interrupting.  Excuse me."

Nicole walked away with a blushed face.  She could feel somebody's eyes following her all the way across the room.  Key couldn't believe that he would meet Nicole again, especially tonight.  

"Key, who was that?"  MinHo asked.

"Her?  She was the girl I told you about that I kept seeing this week."  Key explained.

"Are you sure that's her?"  SeungYeon said.  "She just said you guys don't know each other."

"Yeah, maybe she just doesn't want to know me."  Key said.

He looked over at Nicole happily greeting other guests.

After a few shifts of bringing food back and forth to the guests, the party was coming to an end.  Thanks to JiYoung, Nicole finally found out who he was and why he's at this party.  His name is Kim KiBum, everybody knows him by "Key".  He just got back from a business training in the States.  His tall friend, MinHo, was hosting this party for him.

Nicole stepped out of the kitchen to get some fresh air.  She spotted Key, happily chatting with his friends.  

"You should go talk to him."  a small voice said.

Nicole turned to the voice.  It was the girl that was with Key and his friends.  She looked prettier up close.

 28_kjutaeng3.jpg

"Me?"  Nicole pointed to herself.

SeungYeon chuckled and walked up to Nicole.

"I'm Han SeungYeon."  SeungYeon extended her hand.

Nicole awkwardly shook her hand.

"I'm Jung Nicole."  Nicole replied.

"Nice to meet you, Nicole.  And yes, you should go talk to Key."  SeungYeon repeated.  "It's been annoying him that you haven't called him yet."

"But aren't you...his..."  Nicole hesitated.

"Girlfriend?  No."  SeungYeon laughed.  "That dorky guy with the long orange hair, he's my boyfriend."

Onew_Shinee_05102010075013.jpg

Nicole glanced over at the boy and couldn't help but laugh.  He had a dorky-handsome look.

"Well, I've only seen him for three times, SeungYeon-sshi.  I'm not sure if he's told you anything or not, but the only word spoken between us was 'hi'."  Nicole explained.

SeungYeon looked at Nicole with confusion.  

"Really?"  SeungYeon asked in disbelief.

A guy walked towards them.

"SeungYeon, it's time to go."  Onew said.

"Kay.  It was nice talking to you, Nicole."  SeungYeon said.  "Have a good night."

Onew swung her jacket around her small shoulders.

"SeungYeon-sshi,"  Nicole said.

SeungYeon turned around.

"Does he really want me to call him?"  Nicole shyly asked.

"You know what, Nicole-sshi?  You're different from all the girls Key has dated."  SeungYeon said.   "All the girls that Key meets, he confronts them, smooth talk his way into their heart, and then break it.  But you, he hesitates when he talks about you."

Nicole blushed at SeungYeon's words.  She didn't know that that's how Key felt around her.

"So, yes, he really wants you to call him."  SeungYeon said.

The couple said good night and walked away, leaving Nicole with her thoughts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -   

P R E V I E W  o f  C H A P T E R 3 :

"Why should I believe you?"  Nicole asked.

"Because I'm different."  Key said.

"Really?  Then what color are my eyes?"  Nicole asked, quickly turning her back to Key so he won't see her eyes.

"Well, at first glance your eyes are brown,"  Key started.  "but when the light hits them, they change to amber. And if you look really close around the iris, the color is pure honey. But when you look into the sun, they almost look green. That's my favorite."

Nicole became speechless.  She turned around to face Key again.

"I would've settled for brown."  Nicole said, blushing a light pink.

****Key's description of Nicole's was the actual quote from Monster-In-Law said to J.Lo, which was the sweetest line and scene in the whole movie!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E :

Here is chapter 2!  i hope you liked it!  I'll update as soon as possible!  Please comment!