Coffee Guy

Because of You

It was a beautiful day at the beach: the sun was shining, the cool breeze coming from the waves of the ocean, and the chattering of people hanging out on a Sunday morning.  Nicole was sitting on the sand, away from the waves, reading her favorite book, Pride and Prejudice (by Jane Austen).  By her side was her white Akita, Ruby, laying next to her.  Nicole closed her book and stretched out her arms and legs.

"That was such a good book!"  Nicole said, rubbing Ruby's thick coat.  "Now, let's read the daily horoscope."

Nicole flipped to the page of the horoscope and read Ruby's horoscope.

"Here's yours, Ruby.  'Aries: The energy you radiate is ever-present.  Keep cheerful and positive and others aroudn you will hopefully feel the same.'  Hm...are you happy right now, Ruby?"  Nicole asked, sarcastically.

Ruby just continue to pant and snuggle closer to Nicole.

"Okay, my turn.  Libra, Libra.  Here we go.  'Libra: No need to search for Mr. Right.  Love is right in front of you.' "

Nicole sarcastically looked around for her Mr. Right that was "right in front of her".

"Can you believe people actually believe in this stuff?"  Nicole scoffed. 

She folded up the newspaper and dropped it next to her.

In front of her was a topless guy jogging down the beachline with his Siberian Husky.  Normally, Nicole was turned off by topless guys with the big arms and thick abs, but this guy was different.  He had a nicely toned body, with his six pack slightly showing and his arm muscles weren't too much either.  Nicole went speechless as he jogged in front of her, and he caught her eyes.  Nicole smiled and nodded a "hello" and picked up her things to leave.

~The Next Day~

Monday mornings were always the busiest day.  Everybody was rushing to get to work and Starbucks was always busy.  Nicole was in no rush.  Her boss never cares if she comes late, as long as she gets her work hours in.  Finally, after the snobbing guy in front had finished yelling at the fragile cashier left, she finally got to order her french vanilla coffee.

"Here you go, ma'am."  the lady said, in a forced happy voice.

Nicole thanked her and left her a $50 tip.

"Thank you!"  She said, cheerfully.

"Actually, the guy dropped it.  Karma's a ."  Nicole said.

Her phone started to ring and Nicole said goodbye to the cashier.

"Hey, Hara.  What's up-"

As Nicole turned around, she bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry!"  Nicole and the person said in sync.

Nicole glanced up at the guy.  She couldn't believe it.  He was the good-looking, topless guy from the beach yesterday morning.  He smiled at her.  Nicole broke their gaze, apologized one more time, and walked towards the door.

"Hi."  He said, turning around.

Nicole turned back.

"Hi."  She replied.

Nicole nodded good-bye and exited the shop.  The guy wanted to go after her, but his cellphone stopped him.

"Key here."

- "Key, where are you?  You're late!"  MinHo shouted through the other line.

"I'm still getting your coffee, remember?"  Key reminded him.

- "Ha...ha...oops, well, hurry up!  Mr. Li is waiting."

"Kay."

Key hung up the phone and paid for the coffee.  As he headed to the door, a shiny card on the ground caught his eye.  He picked it up, where he bumped into that girl.

"Jung Nicole."  Key read.  "Kara Designs.  Fashion designer."

"Cell phone number."  Key noticed.  He smiled and slipped the card in his jacket pocket.

 

*At Kara Designs*

 

"Sorry, manager!  Coffee line was long again!"  Nicole apologized as she speed-walked to her desk.

"It's okay, Nicole.  The good thing is that you're here."  Her manager said, sipping her morning tea.

"Hey, Hara Goo!"  Nicole cheerfully greeted her best friend.

"Hey, Cola.  Eh, which color matches better, green or blue?"  Hara said, picking up the fabric choices.

"Green."  Nicole pointed.

"Thanks-oh, someone called you and left you a message."  Hara informed her.

"Who is it?"

"I don't know.  *MiJung told me to tell you." (*made-up name)

"Thanks, Hara."

Nicole took off her jacket and cleaned up around her desk.  She saw the neon green sticky note on her computer. It was a phone number and it read:

" Call me?

- Coffee guy "

"Coffee guy?"  Hara read.  "Who's that?"

Nicole jumped.

"Oh, you scared me."  Nicole scoffed.  "Remember that guy from the beach I told you about?  Well, I just bumped into him at Starbucks this morning!"  Nicole said.

"Really?  Oo..."  Hara cooed.  "Fate, maybe?"

"I don't believe in those stuff, Hara Goo, you know that."  Nicole reminded her.

"Well, whatever.  You have to call him if you "coincidencely" bumped into him and he found out who you are."  Hara said.

"If only he came at a better time."  Nicole sadly told her.  "The clothing line drawings are due next week."

"Oh, yeah!  Crap, I forgot about that!  Thanks for reminding me!"  Hara said, jumping around with her sandwich in .

Nicole opened her purse and pulled out her heavy sketchbook full of colorful drawings of this summer's collection.  She looked at the stuck the sticky note and stuck it on her mini bulletin board.

"Maybe some other time, Coffee Guy."  Nicole mumbled.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E :

So far so good???  To me, it sounds kinda cheesy but this is kind of what happened in Monster-In-Law, which was one of my favorite scenes!!!  (I just tweeked out the bad parts!)  Please comment and read on!  I'll update as soon as possible!  Thank you!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

P R E V I E W :

 

Nicole looked towards the voice.  It was the guy from the coffee shop.  That was the third time this week!  He looked really good in a suit.

Key was surprised to see Nicole there, as a waitress.  He thought she was a designer.  He felt happy to see her again, the third time this week.

"Hi."  she responded, shyly.

A lady, the only lady from the group, broke the awkward silence.

"Do you guys know each other?"  she asked in her soft voice.

Nicole and Key looked at the petite lady.  Before Key could answer, Nicole spoke.

"No, we don't.  Sorry for interrupting.  Excuse me."

Nicole walked away with a blushed face.  She could feel somebody's eyes following her all the way across the room.  Key couldn't believe that he would meet Nicole again, especially tonight.  

"Key, who was that?"  MinHo asked.

"Her?  She was the girl I told you about that I kept seeing this week."  Key explained.

"Are you sure that's her?"  SeungYeon said.  "She just said you guys don't know each other."

"Yeah, maybe she just doesn't want to know me."  Key said.

He looked over at Nicole happily greeting other guests.