This Is It...

Because of You

The big day finally came.  The three weeks ended fast.  The rush to get the invitations, the caterers, and many other things for Key and Amber's wedding was hectic.

Key clipped on his sleeve buttons and straightened his bow tie.  He fixed a few strands of his hair and 

Amber was again in a dress, but this time, the creamy, white wedding dress paired with silver sandal heels.  

tumblr_llfbakc0vk1qddza5o1_500.jpg
*I found this on Google and I'm not even sure if it's Amber or not but I just had to use it! She's so pretty and girly!!!

All the bridesmaid were in a knee-length pink summer dress.

10-bridesmaids-dresses-2011-petal-pink-v

Nicole came into the room to check the progress.  She walked over to Hara, getting her final dress check.

"By the way, Gyuri-unni called and said the fashion show is moved to next month."  Nicole said, tucking in Hara's loose hair.

"Omo, why's that?"  Hara asked.

"There's construction work happening around the park area, so they didn't want to interrupt them."  Nicole explained.  "They're almost done with the construction, but the organization of Summer Fest Fashion Show said it'll be easier to just move it to next month."

"Great!  You can stay and be in the wedding then!"  Amber said.

Nicole turned around and saw a gorgeous, feminine Amber.

"Oh, my god...Amber," Nicole cooed.  She was speechless at how gorgeous Amber looked.  Today actually took out her tomboy look.

Amber placed her hand on her hip and leaned towards her left hip, tapping her foot.  Nicole laughed at her action; even though she may look like a lady, she still acted like herself.

"Yah, you would be, too, if you wore one."  Hara said.

"Nah, it wouldn't look right."  Nicole said.  "How you holding up, Amber?"

Amber stopped tapping her toe and ruffled her dress.

"I look out of place."  Amber said.

"No, you don't,"  Nicole said, taking her hand.  She walked her over to the full-length mirror.

"See how beautiful you look?  The dress isn't too feminine, isn't too much, just enough."  Nicole said, fixing a loose strand of hair on Amber.

"Unnie,"  Amber turned around.

Nicole looked into those innocent brown eyes staring back at her.

"No, Amber.  For the last time, we are NOT switching places."  Nicole said, turning her back around and fixing the back of the dress.  Amber groaned and slouched down in disappointment.

"Is marrying Key really that bad for you, Amber?"  Nicole asked.

"Is it for you?"

Nicole was taken by surprise by Amber's comeback.  She continued, hesitantly, to finish touching up the back of Amber's dress.  They were interrupted by a knock on the door.  Mr/Mrs. Kim and Liu came in.  Nicole smiled and walked away as the parents surrounded Amber.

"Oh, my baby is all grown up!  Finally becoming a woman!"  Mrs. Liu whimpered, wiping away droplets of tears.

"Oh, Amber!"  Mrs. Kim said in awe.  "You look astounding!"

Amber put on a straining smile.

Mrs. Kim walked over to Nicole, who was cleaning off the makeup brushes.

"Nicole-sshi,"

Nicole saw Mrs. Kim's reflection in the mirror and turned around.

"Thank you...for not going back on your words."  Mrs. Kim said.

Nicole nodded and forced a smile on her face.

There was a knock on the door and Hara came in.

"We have an hour left!  Time to get ready!"  she announced.

Nicole walked the Kims and Mrs. Liu out of the bride's waiting room.

"Ah, yes.  Almost forgot."  Mrs. Kim said.

She handed Nicole a big yellow envelope.

"Your check for being the wedding planner and a little something else."  Mrs. Kim said, turning around and following her husband and Mrs. Liu to the venue outside.

As Nicole opened the envelope and pulled out what was in it, her eyes started to cloud up.

"Nicole?"  Hara peeped her head out of the door.

Nicole tucked in the things back into the envelope.

"What's that?"  Hara asked, slowly stepping out.

Nicole quickly slipped everything back in and fluttered away the tears.

"Oh, just a bonus from Mrs. Kim."  Nicole said, putting on her fake smile again.

"Psh...what kind of bonus is good from that witch?"  Hara smirked.

"Be nice."  Nicole said, walking back inside.

"Nice enough to be in this unrighteous wedding."  Hara mumbled.

"Kay, ladies.  Let's start lining up."  Nicole announced.

The bridesmaids picked up their bouquet of roses and walked out the door, where the groomsmen were waiting for them.

"Unni..."  Amber whispered, almost whimpering.

Nicole smiled and handed her her bouquet of callas.  Amber took it, as Nicole begin to pull her veil over.  Amber stops her halfway.

"Unni.  Please, please, PLEASE reconsider!"  Amber said, with tears slowly falling down her rosy cheeks.

Nicole sighed and took Amber's hand.

"You are exquisite.  You're timeless.  You have a man out there by the alter, waiting to take your hand in marriage."  Nicole explained, dabbing away Amber's tears and quickly patted on blush.

"Amber, things will get better over time."  Nicole said.  "For the two of you and for me."

Amber hugged her tightly.

"Unni, I'm sorry."  Amber whispered, letting out fresh tears.

Nicole patted her and wiped away her tears once again.  Hara peeped through the door.

"10 minutes."  she said.

Nicole nodded and pulled the veil over Amber's elegant face.

"Time to go."  Nicole said.  "Have fun."

Amber hugged Nicole one last time and walked to the door.

Before walking out of the room, Amber turned around.  Nicole gave her a nod and gestured her to go on.  Amber walked out of the room and Hara looked at Nicole before leaving as well.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Key stood by the end of alter, looking upon the audience that gathered before him.  He could see the groomsmen and bridesmaids getting in their positions.  He tried looking for a glance of Nicole, but she didn't appear.

As the orchestra played, the groomsmen and bridesmaid, one by one, started to walk down the aisle.

This is it...  Key told himself.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alone in the room, Nicole walked over to the dresser and sat down in front of the mirror.  She glanced at the clock on the wall.  10:05 A.M.

"The ceremony should've started already."  she said out loud.

In front of her laid the yellow envelope.  She pulled out a folded letter, with the check tucked in there.  The letter read:

Thank you for your help and cooperation.
I hope you the best in your fashion show in Sydney.

Nicole looked in the envelope and pulled out a passport and a ticket to Sydney, Australia.  The show was postponed to next week, but there in her hand was a ticket that allowed her to go whenever she wants to, even today.

She looked at her reflection; a tired, drained Nicole.

"What should I do?"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Amber walked down the aisle, her hand wrapped around her dad's arm.  Key could tell that Amber was not up for this either, but they both have no say in it.  

Something in the background caught Key's focus.

A small figure in a yellow dress was walking through the parking lot.  Before she got into her car, she turned and looked at Key.

Nicole.

That was his first time seeing her today and probably his last.  He could feel her eyes leaving his, as she slipped into her car and drove off with his heart.

He focused back and Amber was just a few feet away from him.  He smiled and shook her dad's hand and took hers into his.

They turned to each other and Key unveiled Amber.  Amber's sorrow eyes stared back at Key's hopeless eyes.  She forced a smile and so did Key.

"Dear family and friends, we have gathered here today to witness and celebrate the wedding of Kim Kibum and Liu Amber..."

This is it...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A  U  T  H  O  R  '  S     N  O  T  E  :  :

CHAPTER 20 is up!!! I can't believe it took me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long to upload ONE chapter! Shame on me! Please forgive me! I hope yalls haven't given on me! I dislike making promises that I can't keep :P grrr but I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Comment, subscribe if you haven't, and keep checking for more updates!! And a Happy New Year to you all!

much luvv