I'm Different

Because of You

Nicole was walking at the beach, just like every Sunday morning.  She has taken Ruby to a sitter, so she can have time for herself.  After the night encountering Key again and SeungYeon suggesting to call him, Nicole's mind was all tangled.

"Hey."

Nicole's train of thought was inturrupted by a familiar voice.  She turned around and saw Key walking up to her, with two cups of coffee.

"Uh, hi."  Nicole said, checking around her to see if anybody's behind her.

"Here, coffee for you."  Key said, handing her a cup of coffee.

Nicole took the cup of coffee.

"Thanks."  Nicole asked.  "What are you doing here?"

"Well, since you didn't call me back or stay with me last night to talk, I thought I'd come to you."  Key smiled, sipping his coffee.

Nicole didn't know what to say next.  She didn't want to fall into one of Key's player traps.

"Look, I think you're a really nice guy,"  Nicole said.  "but I'm not one of those girls."

"Hmm?"  Key said, tilting his head.

"No, I don't mean it that way, but it's just...just...I'm different, okay."  Nicole told him.

Key gave her a confused look.

"I'm not like your everyday girlfriends who you can play around with or use as a rebound.  I don't need guys like you to come into my life and ruin it, okay?"  Nicole explained.

Key just stared at her with shock.  He did not know that she would think that he would use her as a rebound or his other ex-girlfriends.  Nicole walked away from Key.

"Wait, Nicole.  Wait."  Key said, holding her arm.

Nicole shook his hand off and took in a deep breath.

"What?"  Nicole asked, calmly.

"Okay, I'll prove it to you that I'm not those guys."  Key said.  "Let me take you out this Friday.  We'll attend the outdoor movie night at the park, order pizza, and I'll ignore you the whole night."

"Give me one good reason."  Nicole asked.

"Because I'm different."  Key said.

"Really?  Then what color are my eyes?"  Nicole asked, quickly turning her back to Key so he won't see her eyes.

"Well, at first glance your eyes are brown,"  Key started.  "but when the light hits them, they change to amber. And if you look really close around the iris, the color is pure honey. But when you look into the sun, they almost look green. That's my favorite."

Nicole became speechless.  She turned around to face Key again.

"How'd I do?"  Key asked.

"I would've settled for brown."  Nicole said, blushing a light pink.

Key smiled at the blushing Nicole.  He usually used this line many of times on other girls, but this time, it was true for Nicole's pearly eyes.  He actually meant it and he felt warmth inside of him when he said it.

Key and Nicole walked around the beach together, talking about their selves.  Nicole asked Key about SeungYeon.

"SeungYeon's been my friend since elementary.  We basically grew up in the same neighborhood."  Key explained.  "She's a model for the top magazines in the world."

"And you never grew to like her?"  Nicole asked.  

Key laughed at Nicole's sudden question.

"Sorry, you don't have to answer it.  I was just wondering."  Nicole apologized, feeling embarrassed.

"Nah, it's all good."  Key said.  "We treat each other like sister and brother.  Why?  Jealous of SeungYeon and my relationship?"

Nicole scoffed.

"No, I was just wondering!  Don't think so highly of yourself!"  Nicole stuttered.

She pushed Key aside and walked faster in front of him.  Key chuckled and ran after Nicole.

"Okay, okay.  I'm sorry."  Key apologized with his puppy face.  "Do you have anymore questions, Nicole-sshi?"

Nicole rolled her eyes.  She couldn't get mad at Key's innocent face.

"Um, that tall guy that hosted your party.  Who was he?"  Nicole asked.

"Oh, MinHo?  He was a friend since middle school, but it seems like we've known each other since birth."  Key said, kicking the sand in front of him.  "He's also a model that models for top magazines."

"Oh, so, is he single?"  Nicole shyly asked him.

Key stopped and turned to Nicole.

"Yeah, but why do you want to know that for?"  Key asked with a confused look.

"Oh, nothing.  Just wondering."  Nicole answered, fluttering her eyes at Key.

Key stopped her and looked her in the eyes.

"Wait, tell me.  Why do you want to know if MinHo's single?"  Key asked again.  "Do you like him?  Well, you can't 'cause he's a player.  He doesn't have girlfriends, only girls who are his 'friends', if you know what I mean.  You just said that you don't like guys like that, Nicole."

Nicole laughed.  Key actually thought that she liked MinHo.

"Why?  Jealous that I might like him?"  Nicole asked, repeating Key's words.

She ran off, leaving a dumb-founded Key behind.  Key shook his head and chuckled.  Nicole was different from other girls.  She couldn't compare with the girls that Key has dated and been with.  He felt so lucky to find such a girl that could be herself around him.

He ran after her and pulled her towards him.  Nicole tried to get away from him but tripped on her own feet.  Key pulled her to him and both of them fell down to the sand.  Nicole opened her eyes and saw that she was on top of Key; their faces inches away from touching.  Key stared deeply into her eyes, not know what to do next.  Nicole could feel him coming closer and closer to her face.  She cleared and quickly got up.  They brushed off the sand from their clothes and stood awkwardly next to each other.

"We should-"  They both said at the same time.

They laughed awkwardly at their in sync-ness.

"I should be going."  Nicole said.

"Oh, yes.  I should get going to."  Key said.  "Let me send you home."

"No, that's okay.  I'll get a cab."  Nicole said.

"Nah, it's no problem.  Come on."  Key insisted.

He stared into Nicole's eyes and she nodded.

The silver BMW stopped in front of Nicole's house.

"Thanks for the coffee and thank you for sending me home."  Nicole said.  "This was a fun morning."

"No problem.  I had fun, too."  Key agreed.

Nicole unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the door.

"Wait, Nicole."  Key grabbed Nicole's hand.

Nicole turned around, surprised to see Key's sudden move.

"Yeah?"  Nicole asked.

"I really am different."  Key said.  "Yes, I may have been that guy but for once, I feel different around you."

Key stared into Nicole's eyes and Nicole could feel the sincerity coming from Key.  She nodded.

"I hope so."  Nicole joked.

Key laughed and he let go of Nicole's hand.  Nicole said goodbye and got out of the car.  Nicole waved good bye and went inside.  As Key drove off, he looked at his hand that held Nicole's soft angel hand.  He never felt like this around any girl before.  His heart skipped a beat when he grabbed her hand.  He felt chills down his spine as he looked into her eyes.

So this is what love-at-first-sight feels like.  Key thought to himself.

She watched his car drove off from her living room window.  She sat down on her sofa and touched her hand that Key held for a few minutes.  Those few minutes were gave warmth and trust, making Nicole slowly believe that Key really is different.  Her phone interrupted her thoughts.

"Hello, Miss Hara."

- "Nicole, where are you?"

"At home.  Why?"

- "Staff meeting at 11 today.  Remember?"

Nicole looked at her clock.  10:50.

"Oh, crap.  I'm coming!"

Nicole sprinted upstairs and grabbed her designs.  A neon green sticky note flew off her sketchbook.  She picked it up and it was Key's number.  There was a message on there, written in purple ink.

"Yah, I know you want to call him.  Just do it!

♥ Goo Hara"

Nicole laughed at the Hara's message.

"Hara put you on here, didn't she?"  She asked the sticky note.

She took out her iPhone and saved Key's number.  After she saved the number, Key rang.

"Hello?"

"Nicole-ah."  Key said.

"Yes?"  Nicole said, nervously.

"We still on for Friday, right?"  Key asked.  "You know I wasn't joking about that."

Nicole giggled at the childish Key.

"Yeah, we're still on."  Nicole said.

"Pick you up at seven?"  Key asked.

"Yeah."  Nicole said.

"It's a date."  Key confirmed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E :

Here's chapter three!!!  Please COMMENT!!!  I'm gonna be taking a bit longer on the next few chapters since I need to think of a perfect KeyCole scene so please wait and see!! i'll update as soon as possible!!!