People Change

Because of You

Key woke up the next morning, with the sunshine cutting through his curtains.  He grabbed his head as the hangover started to affect him.  He came home late after another night out drinking with JongHyun and JinWoon.  Right when he grabbed his phone, his mother called.

"What."  he mumbled, going back to sleep.

"Key, it's 11:17 in the morning, hunn.  Since you're up, we're meeting the wedding planner today at 11 at Mandi and Brides."  his mother informed him.  "We're all here.  Even Amber.  We're just waiting for you now."

"No thank you.  I told you that I'm not marrying Amber, umma."  Key groaned.

Key sat up when he heard a very familiar soft voice in the background.  It was too high to be Amber's.

"Please come here within 20 minutes or I'll have Brian come get you."  his mother said.

"Wait, umma-"

His mom hung up on him.  He stared into the phone, thinking back to that voice.  

It couldn't be...

A text message from Amber popped up.

Oppa, you might wanna come to this meeting.  - Amber

He jumped out of bed and rushed to the bathroom.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Key drove into the parking lot and walked to the front of the wedding boutique.  The front lady greeted him and pointed to the room where his mother was.  As he to the room, he saw his mother and Mrs. Lui sitting next to each other, pointing out wedding dresses, Amber was sitting back, playing with her phone, and a girl with very short hair with her back turned to him.  Amber saw Key coming in and sat up.

"Oppa."  Amber said.

Mrs. Kim and Lui smiled and Key smiled back at them.  The girl stood up and turned around to Key.  He was shocked to see who she was.  Her cute, adorable bob was cut even shorter, making her look more sophisticated and mature.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEE4hZXrmT-8MRXslIL7_

"Annyeonghaseyo."  Nicole greeted, staring into his eyes.

Key continued to stare at Nicole, shocked, wanting an answer of why she's here and doing this.  Mrs. Kim stood up and broke the silent.

"Nicole-sshi will be Amber and your wedding planner."  she said, placing a hand on Nicole's back.  "Isn't that right, Nicole-sshi?"

Nicole nodded without breaking the gaze between her and Key.  Key shook his head in disbelief.

"I want to talk to you, privately."  Key said, taking Nicole's hand.

He dragged her out to the lobby.  He stopped in front of a private room.

"Open it."  he demanded to the front lady.

"What are you doing, Key?"  Nicole asked, trying to get her hand out of his strong grip.

He threw his credit card on the desk.

"Open it."  he repeated.

The lady walked up and quickly opened the room.  He dragged Nicole inside and slammed the door shut.  Inside, Key finally softened his grip and Nicole yanked her hand out.  He looked back at her, rubbing her red wrist.  He walked up to her and gentley grabbed it.

"Sorry."  he apologized.  "Does it hurt?"

Nicole stared at the caring Key, examining her wrist.  She wanted to just hug him and tell him to not get married with Amber, but she knew she couldn't do that.  She brushed his hands off hers and stepped back.

"I'm fine."  she coldly said.  "Now, what do you want to walk about?"

Key was surprised by her actions.

"Why are you doing this?"  Key asked, moving closer to Nicole.

"I'm a fashion designer, now a wedding planner.  What else am I suppose to do?"  Nicole said, stepping back.

"What I meant was why are you doing this?"  he emphasized.

"Because you're mother wanted me to."  she said.  "She offered me a number I couldn't resist."

Key grabbed Nicole's shoulders and looked into her eyes in disbelief.

"What happened to you, Nicole?  You're not the kind to fall for money that easily.  Not the Nicole I know."  Key said, shaking his head.

Nicole took in a shaky breath and brushed his hands off of her.

"People change, Key."  she said, trying to keep calm as possible.  "Now, if you don't mind, I've got your wedding to plan."

She brushed past Key, but Key took her hand.

"Then tell me this,"  Key said, their backs facing each other.  "Do you still love me?"

Nicole's tears fell uncontrollably as the salt was added more to her aching heart.  She wanted to say "yes" and just get this over with, but she knew that couldn't happen.

"Why would I love an engaged man?"  she said, coldheartedly.

She could feel Key shaking as he slowly started to loosen his grip on her hand.  She pulled her hand away from his and walked out of the room.  She wiped away the tears and walked back to the waiting ladies.  They watched her as she made her way to her seat.

"Sorry, ladies."  Nicole apologized, feeling Mrs. Kim's glare at her.  "Key just got butterflies."

Nicole looked at her burning eyes and nodded at her, assuring her that everything's done.  Amber saw it and started to get suspicious.

"Are you okay, Nicole-unni?"  Amber asked, noticing her pink eyes.

Nicole looked at her and nodded.  

"Fine, let's do this."

They all looked at cold, emotionless Key.  Nicole didn't turn around to face him, but she could feel his eyes burning through her back.

"What do you mean, KiBum?"  Mrs. Lui asked.

"I'll get married to Amber-sshi,"  Key said.  "but I want to get this over with as soon as possible."

"Oppa!"  Amber said.  "What is wrong with you?"

"Well, what did you have in mind?"  Mrs. Kim asked, grinning from ear to ear.

"Since I'm leaving for the States in three months, let's have the engagement this month."  Key suggested.  "And the wedding next month."

Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Lui smiled and started to throw ideas at Nicole.  Amber scoffed and glared at Key.  He came around and sat next to Amber, looking at Nicole.  She caught his eyes and they were staring deeply and coldly inside of her.  She knew that part of her job is finished: getting him to marry Amber.  Now, she just needs to keep her act up through the marriage and he's all set to go on his new life....without her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E :

Chapter 10! Hopefully this helps with what is actually going to happene along with my story that I have been lacking on forever now! kekekekekeke  Please comment and I'll update as soon as possible!