The Date

Because of You

As promised, Key took Nicole on their Friday night date.  They spent their afternoon at the carnival, where they played games, raced, and bumped each other with bumper cars.  Nicole won Key a goldfish in a pingpong ball tossing and fishbowl stall.  Key didn't want Nicole to go home empty handed so while Nicole was being occupied by the balloon and dart game, he sneaked away.

Nicole jumped as she popped another balloon.  She turned around happily to Key, but he wasn't there.  She took her prize and went looking for him.  She didn't want to think that Key would leave her on their "date", but if he did, Nicole was gonna be pissed.  She walked towards the front entry.  She saw a bunch of people, mostly girls, standing by the ring the bell stand.  The girls were screaming as the metal indicator rose closer and closer to the top. She tippy-toed over the tall people's heads to see who was hitting.

"Oppa, you can do it!"  shouted one of the girls.

Oppa?  Nicole thought.

She pushed her way through the crowd and finally saw who it was.  Key asked for a cheer from one of the girls in the front row.  Shyly, the girl went up to him and gave him a hug.

"Oppa, hwaiting!"  she squealed.  She ran back to her friends.

Nicole couldn't believe it that he would do something like that!  She doesn't like him, but to do that when they were on a "date".  Key finally used all his strength and whacked the mallet down on the board, causing the metal indicator to sky-rocket and rang the bell.  Everybody cheered and the stall manager held up his hand as the winner.  Key smiled and waved to all of his new fans.  Right in front of him was an angry Nicole, holding his prize that she tried so hard for him.  Nicole scoffed and walked away.

"Nicole!"  Key shouted, but she kept pushing her way out of the crowd.

Key took his prize and ran out of the circle.  The girls squealed as he ran towards them, but was disappointed when he kept running passed them.  Key looked around and saw a petite girl walking towards the exit.  He ran up to her and pulled her around.

"Nicole!"  Key said.

The girl turned around, confused.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were somebody else."  he apologized.

The girl smiled and walked away.

"Aish!"  Key groaned, scratching his head.

"Trying to make another girl cheer you on?"

Key turned around and saw a emotionless Nicole behind him.  He walked up to her and took her hand.

"Why did you run off like that?"  Key asked.

"Who was the first to run off?"  Nicole scoffed, shaking off his hand.

"Wait a minute,"  he said, bending to Nicole's eye level.  "You're not jealous, are you?"

Nicole crossed her arms and looked at childish Key.  She rolled her eyes and took out the dog toy.

"Here, babo."  She said, shoving it in his chest.  "The toy that I won for you when you ditched me."

Her shoulders brushed his arm as she walked passed him.  Key laughed and looked at the dog holding a heart in his mouth.

"I ♥ you."  Key read.

He chuckled and ran after Nicole.  He grabbed onto her arm and stood in front of her.

"Okay, okay.  I'm sorry I said that."  Key said, trying to hold in his laughter.  "And I'm sorry for ditching you at the darts stall."

Nicole kept looking at him.  

"Can you not stare at me with those cold eyes?"  Key asked, still smiling.

"Why?  What colors are my eyes now that are making them so cold?  Black?"  Nicole shot back.

She tried to walk pass him, but he turned her around.

"Okay, I get it.  You're angry and I'm terribly sorry."  Key said.  "But the reason why I left was to win you something."

Nicole scoffed and turned around.

"Did you?  Then where is it?"  Nicole asked.  "You probably gave it to that girl while she was hugging you."

Key laughed at Nicole's comment.  He could tell that she was jealous.  He walked up to her and reached into his pocket.  He wrapped his arm around her and opened the black box.  It was a little adjustable ring with a green gem.  She smiled, trying to hold in her laughter.  He turned her around and looked at her face.

"You're smiling!"  Key said.  "Why are you laughing?  Do you know how much I had to go through to get this little ring for you?"

-Flashback-

After Key snuck away from Nicole, he searched for the perfect prize to get for Nicole.  He didn't want to give her a stuff animal or a goldfish.  He heard a loud ring and he walked towards the Ring the Bell game.  Then he saw it, Nicole's perfect prize.  The shiny, sterling silver, green gem ring that sat under the display box.  He knew that Nicole would love that.  The game manager said that he had to do three rings in order to get that kind of prize. When he was about to start, the manager shouted in the megaphone.

"Step up and see this young man try the grand prize!"

Everybody started to round up to the handsome boy, especially the group of high school girls.  Key swept away his hair and struck the board.  The mallet wasn't that heavy but it was hard to it the board to even get the bar to the halfway point, but Key was determined to get the ring.  As he got to his final hit, the manager asked Key to choose one of those lucky girls in the audience to cheer him on.  Key didn't want to take too long so he simply asked the giggly girl in the front.  As he hit the board, he finally got the final ring that he wanted to hear.  Everybody cheered and hooted.  Key dropped the mallet and waved to his audience, finding a motionless Nicole in the front row.  He stopped smiling and watched Nicole shook her head at him and walked off.

"Nicole!"  He called.

He grabbed the box from the manager, thanked the people, and ran after Nicole.

-End of flashback-

Nicole turned a bright pink of embarrassment for blaming Key for ditching her for a bunch of high school girls.  Even in the late evening, Key could tell she was blushing.  He hugged her once more.

"I'm sorry for ditching you,"  Key apologized again.  "and for not telling you, but I wanted this to be a surprise."

Nicole smiled and hugged him back.

"I'm sorry for being so cold to you."  Nicole said.

Key and Nicole pulled apart and Key slipped the ring on her left middle finger.

"My promise to you that I will try not to leave you alone again because you'll miss me too much."  Key promised.

Nicole scoffed and pushed him away.  Key laughed and linking their hands together.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

They arrived at outdoor movie night.  Key brought out some blankets and Nicole carried the snacks that she packed.  He picked the spot under the tree and laid out the mat.  Nicole sat down and placed the snacks beside her.  Key gave her one blanket for her and a blanket for himself.  As the movie started, Nicole laid her head on Key's shoulders and Key held onto her hand.

"Are you cold?"  Key asked, rubbing her hand.

"A bit,"  Nicole answered.  "but it's okay.  I'll be fine."

Key didn't want Nicole to catch a cold, so he excused himself and went to his car.  Nicole popped open a can of soda and waited patiently.  Key walked back with a bigger blanket and his jacket.  He wrapped the jacket around Nicole and wrapped the big blanket around them.

"Thank you."  Nicole giggled.  "I'm much warmer now."

Key sat back down and wrapped his arm around Nicole's shoulders, bringing them closer to each other.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

After the movie, Key drove Nicole home.  Key walked Nicole up to her door.

"Thank you for tonight, Key."  Nicole said.  "I had a great time."

"Same here."  Key said.  "Do you have your keys?"

"Yeah."  Nicole said, reaching in her purse.

Key pulled in closer and closer to Nicole; their faces inches, centimeters away from each other.  Nicole silently cleared .

"Good night, Key."  Nicole whispered.

Key smiled and said good night to her, too.  Nicole walked inside her house, leaving Key speechless.  He chuckled and scratched his head.  He walked towards his car.

"Key."

Nicole walked towards Key.

"Yeah?"  Key asked.

"You forgot something." Nicole told him.

Key tilted his head in confusion.  Nicole tippy-toed to Key and kissed him on the lips.

"Good night, Key." Nicole said.

She walked off to her house and closed the door.  Now Key was really speechless.  Nicole was different from other girls, but Key liked that.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

One date turned in two dates, then two dates to four, then so on.  Their relationship went from a week, to a month, then to two months.  Even though Key was starting his manager position and Nicole was busy getting ready for the Kara Designs Magazine clothesline, they still found time to go out on their a Friday night dates.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E :

Chapter 4!!  How was this one?  I hope you liked it and I'll update as soon as possible!  I don't have a preview up because I'm losing my train of thought about what to write next for you readers!
Also, thank you for my subscribers and all the readers that have commented!  please keep supporting me!

Please comment!