Chapter 7

Zelo's a WHAT?

Quick little warning: there is one instance of the F-word in this chapter, but all you see is the f, the rest of the word is starred out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Kai opened his eyes, he found himself sitting alone in an open field. He had wanted to scream at them, tell them they were liars. “It can't be true, can it?” he asked himself.

“What can't be true?” someone behind him asked, startling him and causing him to turn around. What he saw was another boy around his age. “Sorry for scaring you, I'm Youngjae” the other said, holding out his hand.

“I... I'm Kai” he responded, taking Youngjae's hand and shaking it.

“Kai, that's an interesting name. What are you doing out here, Kai?” Youngjae asked enthusiastically.

“I just came out here to clear my head” Kai answered.

“Any particular reason you needed to clear your head?” he persisted, sitting down next to Kai.

“Just processing some new information. Why are you out here? If you don't mind me asking” Kai replied, knowing he couldn't tell this other boy everything.

“My hyung needed me to stay out of the way for a bit, so I decided to go for a walk” Youngjae answered.

“I get the impression you do this a lot” Kai said and Youngjae nodded.

“Sometimes I annoy my hyungs too much and they make me go away” Youngjae said, sounding way too cheerful. Kai looked at him curiously, not sure how to respond. “What?” Youngjae asked.

“Sorry, your tone just didn't fit with what you were saying” Kai explained, averting his eyes toward his lap.

“Why are you looking down? You didn't do anything wrong” Youngjae said.

“Sorry, my hyungs demand a lot of respect. Come to think of it, so does my dongsaeng” Kai said, Sehun coming up as an afterthought.

“Stop apologizing, and wow” Youngjae said, astonished. “How many brothers do you have?” he asked.

“I have ten hyungs and one dongsaeng. None of us are actually related, but they're the closest thing I have to family” Kai answered.

“I only have two hyungs, none of us are related either” Youngjae said.

Kai laughed. “My dongsaeng, Sehun, says that I may be older than him, but I'm more like a little kid trapped in an eighteen-year-old's body” he told Youngjae. He laughed as he checked his watch.

“I should head back now, Himchan hyung will be getting worried” he said as he stood up.

“I should probably go too. See you again sometime?” Kai said. “Sure, I kind of like you” Youngjae answered, leaving Kai alone again.
Kai waited until Youngjae was out of sight before teleporting himself back to the room that he shared with Sehun. “Where have you been?” Sehun asked, quickly hiding something behind his back.

“Out, what do you have?” Kai said, trying to peer behind Sehun.

“It's nothing!” Sehun said while shifting around to keep it hidden.

“Now I know it's something. What does maknae not want hyung finding out about?” Kai teased, reaching behind Sehun and grabbing it.

“Give it back!” Sehun shouted, grabbing at the Playboy magazine now in Kai's hand.

“Ooh, maknae's been naughty~” Kai said making a clicking sound with his tongue.

“Stop calling me maknae!” Sehun exclaimed, still trying to get the magazine back. Kai teleported away and coming back a few minutes later, without the magazine.

“What did you do with it?” Sehun demanded.

“I threw it away” Kai said, grinning deviously.

“KAI!!!!!! That was mine, give it back!” Sehun yelled as he started punching his roommate.

“Ow! Sehun, stop!” Kai complained as Sehun beat on him relentlessly. Sehun continued until Kai teleported himself away to Lay's room.

Lay looked up from what he was doing to see Kai. “What happened to you?” he asked, seeing the bruises starting to form on Kai's arms.

“Sehun's finally lost it” Kai answered.

“What did you do?” Lay asked sternly.

“Why do you always assume I did something?” Kai asked back.

“Because I know you” Lay replied. Kai looked like he was about to argue, then he kind of nodded in agreement.

“Uh... do you mind if I stay here until the maknae has had some time to blow off steam?” Kai asked, trying his best to look innocent.

“I have no idea what half of that meant, but fine” Lay sighed, “just don't be a nuisance.” Kai grinned happily as he made himself comfortable and Lay went back to what he had been doing before he was disturbed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Where have you been?” Himchan asked as Youngjae walked in the door.

“Out” he replied without hesitation.

“Obviously genius. Where did you go?” Daehyun said exasperatedly.

“I was just walking around the field” Youngjae said.

“Haven't you been told not to do that?” Daehyun asked.

“Yes he has!” Himchan replied, glaring at Youngjae angrily.

“What's wrong with going out there?” he asked innocently.

“You could get kidnapped” Himchan exclaimed.

“It's not like anyone else ever goes out there” Youngjae pouted.

“Yes, but you're so friendly that, if someone did, you wouldn't be able to resist the urge to talk to them” Daehyun explained.

“I am not!” Youngjae protested, guiltily thinking about Kai. “So is it true that Seunghyun is really an alien?” he asked, trying to change the subject. Himchan sighed as he let what Youngjae did slip to the back of his mind.

“It's either that, or he's completely psychotic” he answered.

“Either way, I don't trust him” Daehyun added quickly.

“He doesn't seem crazy to me, and I think it's pretty cool having aliens in the house” Youngjae said excitedly.

“It makes me uncomfortable. I say we wait until he's asleep, then we lock them in the guest room and call the government” Daehyun said, sounding really agitated.

“What the f*** is your problem?” Himchan asked, staring at Daehyun curiously.

“Never mind, forget I said anything” he muttered. Just then, Tabi walked into the kitchen. They all stopped and stared at him.

“Am I interrupting something?” he asked.

“Uh... no. No, we're just scolding Youngjae” Himchan answered.

“How's your friend, um, Daesung?” Youngjae asked.

“A lot better, thanks to you” Tabi said, nodding at Himchan.

“No problem, he's still unconscious I take it” Himchan said. Tabi nodded sadly. “He will probably be that way for a while” he said.

“Better not be too long” Daehyun muttered maliciously, warranting a slap from Himchan. “I meant it in a good way” he lied, Looking up at Himchan.

“Uh huh, sure you did” Himchan muttered sarcastically.

“Do I even want to know?” Tabi asked.

“No” Himchan replied, shaking his head, "not that I really know either."

“So is it true that you're an alien?” Youngjae asked excitedly.

“Uh...” Tabi said, unsure of what to say.

“Dammit Youngjae!” Himchan exclaimed.

“What? I want to know” he said innocently.

“How exactly does he know about that?” Tabi asked.

“The two of them were listening at the door when you told me” Himchan explained, pointing at both boys.

“Well is it?” Youngjae persisted.

“Yes” Tabi sighed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“I'm tired” Zelo yawned.

“Then go to bed” Yongnam said when he saw how late it was.

“Okay, night hyungs” Zelo muttered as he stood up and went to his room, closing the door behind him.

“Didn't you say there was something you wanted to talk about?” Yongnam asked, turning to his twin.

“Do you remember a few weeks ago when we got attacked?” Yongguk asked.

“Yeah, what about it?” Yongnam answered calmly.

“Well, those guys who attacked us, apparently they're aliens” Yongguk continued. He started to feel slightly nervous about explaining things.

“Wait, what?” Yongnam spluttered in surprise.

“You know, alien, like a certain someone else we know” Yongguk said, gesturing toward Zelo's room with his head.

“Okay, any idea what they wanted?” Yongnam asked, regaining his composure.

“Well...” Yongguk trailed off.

“Yongguk, what did they want?” Yongnam asked sternly.

“... Zelo” he replied hesitantly.

“What? Why?” Yongnam spluttered again.

“Well, um... Zelo is apparently some sort of prince, and they're from another planet that conquered his” Yongguk explained.

“Where did you get all this from?” Yongnam asked suspiciously.

“Zelo's brother” Yongguk answered without thinking.

“Zelo has a brother?” Yongnam asked, causing Yongguk to realize his slip of tongue. He hadn't fully explained Tabi to his brother yet.

“Half-brother, actually, but yes” he quickly explained.

“Do you have any other secrets I should know about?” Yongnam demanded.

“There may or may not be some of the other aliens at Zelo's school” Yongguk replied.

“What?” Yongnam exclaimed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, I finished this chapter, after two weeks of writers block problems. so yeah, Daehyun is being a bit of an , and Sehun finally lost his patience with Kai, but that will blow over soon and he'll be back to his regular self (or as close as it gets for me). anyway, here's hoping it's not as long before my next update^^

Edit: see, I knew I got pretty dialogue heavy somewhere along the line. Looks like I found that somewhere. I'm trying my best to break the dialogue up a bit more though