Chapter 28

Zelo's a WHAT?

Kai opened his eyes and looked at his surroundings. He was in an empty room, with the only light coming from a small crack under he door.

He twisted his wrists back and forth slowly, testing the restraints he knew were there. There was a lot of wiggle room between his skin and the cool metal.

“Loose chains, I can work with that” he muttered. He closed his eyes, teleporting out of the restraints and into the hallway just beyond the door.

There was an armoured guard waiting on the other side of the door. “Hey!” he yelled when Kai appeared in front of him. Before he could do anything else, Kai slammed an elbow into his face. He stumbled back and slumped against the wall, unconscious.

Kai looked around to make sure no one was watching before he grabbed the guard and teleported away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“We should stop here and rest for a bit” Zelo said as they entered a small clearing. They had left around midday, and it was now approaching dusk.

“No, we can't afford to stop” GD stated.

“You don't understand, some of us are getting tired already. We need a break” Zelo asserted.

“Except, the sooner we get there, the sooner we get everyone out.” GD stomped his foot insistently.

“I'm with Zelo, we're all getting a little worn down. It won't be much of a rescue if we're too exhausted to fight” Emma said.

“Of course you'd take the side of your prince charming” GD grumbled. “Fine, we'll rest, but only for a little while.”

Youngjae and Daehyun gratefully sat down on the ground. “How much further is it?” Daehyun asked, massaging his feet.

“Only another mile or so” Youngjae replied, looking at the map he had printed off.

Daehyun groaned. “That's still so far!”

“It's not as far as it seems” Emma tried to assure him. He just groaned again. “Are you nineteen, or nine?”

“What?” Daehyun asked, looking at her curiously.

“That's her way of saying grow up and stop complaining” Daesung explained.

Youngjae started snickering. “I'll have to remember that one” he said.

GD sat off to the side, keeping his eyes on their surroundings, just in case. Emma walked over and sat down beside him.

“What do you want?” he muttered.

“You're not seriously going to hold a grudge just because I took Zelo's side over yours, are you?” she said, giving him a funny look.

“You're right, I'm sorry. It's just that I'm worried” he sighed.

“You should keep in mind that Zelo's probably just as worried as you are, if not more so. Plus, it's good to see him taking charge.”

GD smirked. “Yeah, that's gonna come in handy when he's ruling a planet.”

Emma laughed. “You know, resting now means it'll be dark when we get there.”

“Now you're speaking a language I like” GD grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai wandered around the unusually empty hallways wearing the uniform of the guard he had knocked out earlier. He was trying to find any sign of where the others might be. So far, he hadn't had any luck, and the doors were few and far between.

“If there's nothing behind this door, I'm going to find help” he muttered to himself, reaching for the handle. He pushed on the door and carefully looked in, expecting to find nothing. “Finally!” he exclaimed.

Yongguk looked up at him with a mix of curiosity and suspicion.

“It's me, Kai.” He lifted the visor on the helmet he was wearing to show Yongguk his face.

“How did you get out?” Yongguk asked as Kai started releasing his restraints.

“The chains were loose around my wrists. I just teleported out of them” Kai explained.

“And the outfit?” Yongguk gestured at the armour.

“There was a guard. I knocked him out.” Kai shrugged.

“I guess that puts us one step closer to freedom then. Have you found anyone else?” Yongguk said.

Kai shook his head. “I've just found you so far.”

Yongguk hummed thoughtfully. “Just another piece of the puzzle to figure out” he muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two months without an updat than two within one week 0_0 I'm on a roll. So I seem to have written this chapter with a little more seriousness than some of my other chapters. Kai isn't even being his usual childish self. And there's also Zelo taking charge. I love developing characters^^

So, yeah, I should go to sleep now. I have school in the morning.

As always, subscribe and comment. I like comments and new subbies. Is it too much to ask for trying to get over 100 subscribers?