Chapter 15

Zelo's a WHAT?

Yongguk looked at the Exoans before him. There's two missing, he thought, counting only ten others in the clearing with him. Only eight were capable of fighting at the moment.

Yongguk felt sick to his stomach knowing he had injured the other two. He'd never liked violence of any kind, against anyone. He didn't have too long to dwell on it though because they started coming at him. Using the pole still clutched in his hand, he blocked and deflected their blows. He held up like this for a while before Luhan managed to rip the pole out of his grip.

Once he was defenceless, D.O wrapped his arms across Yongguk's chest, pinning his arms down at his sides. Yongguk struggled as Chen walked up to him with tiny bolts of electricity flickering between his fingertips.

“Stop!” Kris commanded, causing them all to look to their leader. Kris, with the help of Chanyeol, got up and limped over to the rest of them. “We need him alive, he can be used to lure the prince out” he told them before focusing on Yongguk.

“What have you done?” he sneered in Yongguk's face.

“I believe I just outsmarted you using my 'petty little human brain'” Yongguk smirked. He gasped as D.O tightened the grip across his chest for insulting Kris.

“Try saying that again, I dare you!” D.O growled. A look from Kris caused D.O to loosen his grip again reluctantly. Sehun stepped out from the others and punched Yongguk across the face.

“THAT! was for Kai” he said as he walked away again.

“Speaking of Kai, how is he?” Kris asked, moving Chanyeol in that direction. Kai knelt on the ground sobbing as he clutched his injured shoulder. Blood was already starting to drip between his fingers. Suho was crouching beside him trying to inspect his injury.

“I'm no expert, but it looks pretty serious” Suho said as he and Sehun helped Kai to his feet.

“Prove your worth” Kris said bluntly.

“W-what?” Kai stuttered as his eyes widened.

“Prove that you can still be useful, teleport over there” Kris stated, pointing at a tree at the other end of the clearing. Kai took a deep breath as he disappeared. He reappeared only a foot away, crying out in pain as he collapsed. Kris snorted as he limped away with Chanyeol.

“Don't- don't leave me” Kai whimpered as the others followed. A few looked hesitant to follow Kris.

“You're just going to leave him there?” Yongguk asked as D.O dragged him away. None of them would answer him. “He could die out here!” he exclaimed.

“Someone shut him up” Kris ordered coldly.

“Gladly” D.O said as he rammed his head into the back of Yongguk's skull.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first thing GD noticed when he woke up was that the collar was gone. Anything with a chain attached was nowhere to be seen. “Sleep well?” someone asked, disrupting his thoughts. He looked over to see a teenage girl sitting a few feet away.

“Yes” he answered warily, looking at her closely as he sat up. He realized she was the one who tried to intervene earlier, but her face was uncovered now. “Who are you?” he asked.

“Imagine me like nine or ten years younger and you'll have your answer” she replied. He had to think about it for a few minutes before it dawned on him.

“Emma?” he said with surprise.

The one and only, she thought with a smirk.

“Wow, you really grew up, you're almost as tall as me, and you've gotten a firm grasp of your telepathic abilities” he commented.

“Yep!” she said with a grin. The grin only lasted a moment before it was replaced with a frown. She groaned slightly as she placed a hand against her forehead.

“Is something wrong?” GD asked.

“It's just a headache, I get them from time to time” she mumbled in response. Then, like something had run into her, she fell backwards clutching her head with a groan. GD rushed over to her side out of concern.

“NO!!!” she yelled, sitting up panting as he got to her. In the blink of an eye, she got to her feet and ran off. GD sat there speechless as she disappeared into the trees. She didn't return until it was already dark.

“What was that about?” he asked.

“It's a little hard to explain, there was just something I needed to do” Emma responded. GD just nodded, he knew if she had wanted to tell him she would have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Himchan and Tabi kept the group running for as long as they could. Eventually none of them could breathe so they had to stop. “Yongguk!” Zelo exclaimed as he tried to run back once Tabi had released his arm.

“No!” Tabi said, grabbing Zelo and holding him back.

“I'm sorry kid, it's too dangerous” Taeyang said. Zelo relaxed and Tabi let go of him.

Youngjae and Daehyun flopped on the ground panting. “Why are you panting? You're not even a real person” Youngjae asked Seungri.

“I may be... in an android body... but I can still feel... the physical exertion” Seungri gasped.

“Okay, how's he not panting?” Daehyun asked, pointing at Taeyang. They all looked in Taeyang's direction.

“What?” Taeyang said, wiping the sweat off of his forehead.

“He really doesn't pant, I never noticed that before” Daesung said.

“When the only way to get anywhere is running through stretches of frozen tundra, you get used to it” Taeyang said.

“I forgot Mirai was pretty much a frozen wasteland” Seungri said.

“It may be a frozen wasteland, bit it's my frozen wasteland” Taeyang said.

“Frozen wasteland... like Canada?” Youngjae asked.

“Or Siberia” Zelo offered. Taeyang looked very confused.

“Canada and Siberia are both places that are stereotyped as being cold and frozen almost year-round” Himchan explained.

“Mirai is frozen year-round” Taeyang said.

“Then Siberia's probably the better comparison” Himchan said.

“What do you think Dae... Daehyun?” Youngjae asked, looking at the other. Daehyun had fallen asleep where he fell.

“Daehyun probably has the right idea, we should all get some rest while we can” Himchan said. They all agreed.

They had only been sitting there long enough for the sun to set before Tabi heard a twig snap. “I think there's someone nearby, come with me to check it out” he whispered to Himchan.

“Why me?” Himchan asked.

“Because the others deserve to rest and if it's Yongguk he could be hurt” Tabi answered. Himchan rolled his eyes and sighed as he got up to follow Tabi. “I heard it over here” he said, dragging Himchan along.

“You know, Yongguk made a smart move earlier” Himchan commented.

“How so?” Tabi asked.

“Their leader looked like he'd had a previous injury in the knee that Yongguk hit, like it had been dislocated or something else that would leave permanent damage” Himchan said. Tabi nodded as they searched around for what had caused the sound.

“I think I see something, it' not Yongguk though” Himchan said, looking at a still form on the ground.

“Kai” Tabi sighed.

“Isn't he the other one Yongguk hit earlier?” Himchan asked.

“Yes” Tabi answered.

“He's really badly hurt, and it's worse than just what Yongguk did” Himchan stated, seeing Kai's shoulder. Without waiting for Tabi's response he picked Kai up and carried him back to their make-shift camp. “I don't care what any of you say, he needs help” he stated bluntly.

They were all startled when they saw Kai. Daehyun was awake now and he kind of shuffled away. As Himchan set Kai down his hood slipped down, so Himchan removed his mask as well. “Oh God, he can't be any older than Jae” he gasped.

“Hey I know him” Youngjae said as he looked over.

“What?” Himchan asked angrily.

“What!” Youngjae exclaimed.

“Jae, spill it” Himchan growled.

“Uh...” Youngjae mumbled.

“This was during one of your field ventures wasn't it?” Daehyun asked.

“Maybe” Youngjae answered.

“Whatever, that's not important at the moment” Himchan said as his focus went back to Kai.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yays new chappie^^ so last chapter was kind of a swift ascension so logically a slight drop follows, but don't worry there's still much more to come. So I want to get opinions from you, my (hopefully) faithful readers. How would you feel about a sequel? I know this one isn't done yet but I want to know if people would keep reading through if I wrote a sequel. anywho, laters, I need to sleep now *starts snoring*

Edit: Just, Yongguk's smugness^^