Chapter 17

Zelo's a WHAT?

They had finally found a way to carry Kai with them when he woke. He wanted to scream from the pain in his shoulder, but all he could muster was a soft whimper. "Stop!" Himchan called out. Tabi glared back at him like he had grown an extra head. "He's waking up" Himchan said as he guided Seungri and Daesung to a good place to set Kai down.

All of them except for Daehyun gathered around to see. Daehyun kept his distance. Kai opened his eyes slightly and looked around at all of them. "H-how did I get here?" he managed to ask.

"That would be my doing" Emma said, raising her hand.

"That's what you ran off to do last night?" GD asked. She nodded innocently and opened to speak before being interrupted.

"You're the reason we have even more aliens with us?" Daehyun said, standing practically on top of her.

"What's your problem kid?" GD said as he pushed Daehyun away.

"Don't call me kid, and my problem is freaks like you messing around with things! Why can't you keep things within your own species?" Daehyun shouted.

"Daehyun!" Himchan exclaimed. GD's expression darkened.

"Some of us don't have a choice" he whispered dully.

"What's wrong? Don't like what I have to say? Well it's the truth, so if you don't like it, go home" Daehyun said, not having heard him. Before any of the others could react, GD had Daehyun pinned to the ground by his throat.

"I don't have a home you little " GD snarled as Daehyun gasped for air. It took both Taeyang and Tabi to pull GD off and restrain him. Daehyun scuttled back with a look of sheer terror on his face.

He turned his head to look at Himchan. "You're not getting any sympathy from me" Himchan said, looking away.

"I have to admit, you did bring that one on yourself Dae" Youngjae said. Daehyun looked at all of them as he stood up and ran off.

"Was he... crying?" Emma asked.

"Probably" Youngjae answered while nodding.

"Do you think I was too harsh?" Himchan asked.

"No" Emma replied. They stood there for a moment as GD calmed down before considering what to do about Daehyun.

"Should someone-" Tabi started to say.

"I'll do it" Emma said as she walked in the direction Daehyun went.
It took a lot of searching around before Emma found Daehyun. "Daehyun?" She said softly.

"What do you want?" he snapped, wiping his eyes.

"Well, someone had to come after you and no one else seemed particularly willing to do it" she answered.

"Are you sure you didn't just want to knock me around a bit yourself?" Daehyun said.

"Hey, in all fairness you did provoke G" she said, shrugging.

"How? How did I provoke him?" Daehyun exclaimed. She gave him that look of are you kidding me?

"Let me see... you attempted to intimidate me, you kind of called us a bunch of freaks, and you made a comment about his species and home" Emma replied, counting off on her fingers. Daehyun gave her a curious look. "Yeah, that last one really didn't fly with him" she said.

"Why? Was he disowned or something?" he retorted.

"No, that was Taeyang, but we're talking about GD" she answered.

"What... actually, nevermind. So why did GD hate those comments?" Daehyun asked.

"Because he's the last of his kind" she said quietly.

Daehyun was shocked into silence. "I... didn't know" he whispered.

"Most people don't, he doesn't like talking about it, but it's pretty obvious that he's touchy about it" Emma responded. She kept staring at him intently while she was talking, making him feel uncomfortable. After a few moments of silence she furrowed her brow and stared even harder.

"What are you doing?" Daehyun asked, feeling even more uncomfortable.

"Trying to read your mind... it's not working" she replied.

"What?" he exclaimed.

"Didn't I mention I'm telepathic?" she asked. Daehyun shook his head in response. "Hm, could've sworn I had... oh well" she said with a shrug.

"Why did you want to read my mind anyway?" Daehyun asked skeptically.

"I was hoping I might be able to help you with whatever problems you have. Speaking of problems, we're probably both going to get an earful from Himchan if we don't get back soon" Emma said as she grabbed Daehyun by the wrist and walked back the way they came.
Youngjae tackled Daehyun in a hug once they returned, causing Emma to laugh. "Hey look, Kai's sitting up" Emma said when she saw the Exoan sitting with his back resting against a tree.

"Yeah, barely" Himchan muttered.

"He's still pretty bad, I can't believe they left him behind in that condition" Tabi said.

"I can" GD said.

"Their leader must be a real jerk" Zelo commented.

"For Kris, jerk is understatement of the century" Emma said, with agreement echoing from the others.

"I take it you've had first-hand experience" Himchan said.

"Oh yeah" Emma sighed.

"Let me tell you, the only good memory that involves him is when I kicked his sorry little ten years ago" GD said with a triumphant smirk.

"That's back when we first met you" Taeyang said.

"I don't even remember that. Wait no, that's a lie, I vaguely remember that" Emma said.

"Man, your head only came up to my waist back then" Taeyang said, placing his hand against the top of his hip to show what he meant.

"Yeah, I bet you miss those days" Emma smirked. Taeyang glared at her. "Oh lighten up, it's not like I'm that much taller anyway" she chided.

"You know how he feels about being reminded that he's vertically challenged" GD said with a shrug.

"Would you stop that, you don't know what it's like" Taeyang complained.

"Would you guys give it up? That's not our main concern at the moment" Tabi said, gesturing toward Kai.

"Oh yeah, Kai, how's he doing?" Emma said.

"You have the shortest attention span in the world don't you" Himchan stated after a brief pause.

"Yeah, pretty much" she said with a nod, "but I really do want to know." A sigh escaped Himchan's lips.

"He's a lot better than he was before, that good enough for you?" He said, Emma nodding in response.

"So I guess we have an Exoan on our side now" Zelo commented.

"Actually, one and a half" Emma stated as everyone turned to stare at her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why did you want me here?" Suho asked as he walked into a room, joining four others.

"We figured you'd be just as upset with Kris as we are. I still can't believe he just left Kai" Lay replied.

"Oh you know I am, but I don't think there's much we can do about it" Suho said.

"Why don't you ask vision boy over there what he's thought up" Chanyeol snorted indignantly.

"Chanyeol!" Sehun said. He was annoyed by the disrespect.

"Sorry" Chanyeol muttered sarcastically.

"You should show some respect" Sehun growled.

"Sehun, give it a rest" Tao interrupted. Chanyeol grinned triumphantly.

"So what do you have Tao?" Suho asked, growing impatient with the others.

"I might have a way out for us, but it's not going to be easy..." Tao answered, trailing off slightly. Suho nodded, urging him to continue. "And we'll have to break the prisoner out, we can't just leave him to face Kris' wrath" he continued, the others nodded in agreement.

"So here's what we need to do..." he said as he explained his plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I apologise for the weird formatting, I had to post this chapter from my cellphone fixed^^ and now I must go fangirl over BAP's new song again

Edit: So yet again I've added bits in places trying to separat the dialogue a bit more