Chapter 9

Zelo's a WHAT?

Zelo shivered, partly out of fear and partly because the temperature dropped as the cloaked figure moved closer. Like the others, he had a symbol on his cloak. His was a snowflake.

“Who are you?” Zelo asked, able to see his breath now.

“My name is Xiumin” he answered. Zelo found it strange that his breath didn't condense with the temperature of the air around them. He reached toward the teen and that's when Zelo realized that the cold was coming from him.

A fist came from seemingly nowhere and hit Xiumin square in the jaw. “Why don't you pick on someone a little older” A short, stocky man told him.

It took a moment before Zelo remembered his name was Taeyang. “And finding someone your own size wouldn't hurt either” another man said as he joined the fight. Zelo watched as ice crystals started to form around Xiumin's hands.

Suddenly, he closed his hands together and an entire sword formed itself out of ice. “Now that's just unfair” Taeyang said, ducking out of the blade's path.

“But we have advantages of our own” the other man said, jumping inhumanly high. As he came back down, he angled himself just right so that his foot made contact with Xiumin's back just between the shoulders. The ice sword flew from his hand, melting almost instantly.

“Why you” he growled as he whipped around and stabbed the other in the chest.

“Seungri!” Taeyang cried as his companion went down. He let out a deep growl as he charged forward. He barrelled into Xiumin, knocking the taller man off his feet. He then proceeded to punch Xiumin in the face until he was unconscious.

Zelo crept over to look at Seungri. The most unsettling thing he noticed was the lack of blood on the ground around the body. He assumed that the weapon that had been used to stab him was made of ice like the sword because there was no trace of it now.

Suddenly, Seungri's eyes fluttered open. Zelo stumbled back before passing out from the shock. “Oh shoot, he fainted” Seungri said as he sat up, the hole in his chest still there.

“Wouldn't you if you saw a man wake up from being dead” Taeyang pointed out.

“True enough” he answered, now investigating the hole.

“That looks pretty serious” Taeyang said, also looking.

“Nah, it's an easy repair, the biggest problem is that my left arm is immobilized” Seungri said as he reached into his chest. Taeyang had to look away as he did so. “What's your problem? It's only wiring” Seungri said, his hand re-emerging with a few broken wires.

“It's still weird to watch you reach inside your own chest, android or not” Taeyang replied. Seungri shrugged as he stood up.

“So are we bringing him?” he asked, gesturing toward the ground where Zelo was. Taeyang sigh as he rolled his eyes at Seungri and started to pick Zelo up off the ground.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Yongguk woke up in the morning the first thing he did was check Zelo's room. He opened the door to find the room empty.

Weird, he must have gotten up already, he thought. “Nam, have you seen Zelo this morning?” he asked as he walked into the main room of the apartment.

“No, I think he's still in his room, why?” Yongnam answered.

“I already checked his room, he's not there” Yongguk said worriedly.

“What? Why would he run off?” Yongnam spluttered.

“Well...” Yongguk said, drawing out the syllable.

“Guk, spill it!” Yongnam said in a commanding tone.

“I kind of told Zelo the truth last night” Yongguk said nervously.

“You did what?” Yongnam demanded.

“It was killing me not telling him, and after we got attacked I thought he deserved to know why” Yongguk explained. Yongnam still looked skeptical so he continued. “We never know when he might get attacked again” he reasoned.

“For all we know he got attacked last night after he left” Yongnam countered. Yongguk was at a loss for how to respond. “Exactly my point, for all we know you just put him in more danger” Yongnam continued.

Rather than continue the conversation, Yongguk skulked back to his room. The first thing he did once he was there was pick the phone up off the receiver. He quickly dialled the number that Tabi had given him. “Hello?” Tabi said groggily from the other end.

“I have good news and bad news, what do you want to hear first?” Yongguk said.

“Surprise me” Tabi mumbled.

“The good news is that I finally told Zelo the truth about who he is” Yongguk started. Tabi hummed telling him to continue. “The bad news is that he ran away last night after I told him” he finished.

“What?” Tabi spluttered, now sounding more awake.

“I can't say I blame him either, that's a lot for anyone to take in” Yongguk said.

“But now we have no idea where he is” Tabi pointed out. Yongguk could only sigh before he hung up the phone. Please be safe Zelo, he thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tabi got up off the floor after Yongguk hung up. “Who were you talking to?” Himchan asked, poking his head into the room.

“Yongguk called, Zelo ran away last night” Tabi answered as he stretched. “I need to try and find him” he continued, stepping into the hallway.

As he did, he heard a commotion from the next room over. “Daehyun! Get out of there!” Youngjae yelled.

“Not until they're gone! You can't make me come out!” Daehyun shouted back, his voice a bit more muffled.

“Come out before I drag you out!” Youngjae shouted louder than before.

“ my pillows little man!” Daehyun yelled.

“That doesn't even make any sense, we're the same size” Youngjae exclaimed as they heard a thud from something, probably Daehyun, hitting the floor.

“Those two” Himchan sighed.

“What's his problem anyway?” Tabi asked, pointing in the general direction of the noise.

“I honestly have no clue. When we thought you were human he had no problem with you, but now that we know the truth he's been acting up” Himchan answered.

“I've noticed” Tabi said with a nod.

“So you mentioned going out to find Zelo, do you know how long you'll be gone?” Himchan asked.

“I don't know, I'll try not to be long though” Tabi answered, looking back to the room that he came from. Himchan debated about whether or not to mention what happened in the night.

“He woke up last night” he said, having made his decision. Tabi looked at him hopefully. “It was only briefly” he continued, “and I think he's still in a lot of pain, but as long as I keep Daehyun away from him he should be fine.” Tabi nodded as he turned around and walked toward the front door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chanyeol was woken up by an agonized scream from one of the other rooms. “Baekhyun, how can you sleep through that?” he asked as he shook his roommate to wake him up.

“Poor Tao” Baekhyun mumbled in his sleep.

“You're useless” Chanyeol sighed as he left the room. He made his way down the hall toward the source of the screaming. When he walked in, there was only one other there to help. The other was having trouble keeping the screaming Tao from hurting himself during the episode.

Chanyeol quickly ran to the other side of Tao and firmly held him down. “Suho, when did he start?” he asked.

“Only a few minutes ago” Suho responded, relieved to have Chanyeol's help. Tao struggled and screamed for a few more minutes before calming down. His breathing was still very heavy and strained.

“I can't believe it! No on else came!” Suho exclaimed.

“The only others who would care aren't close enough to hear” Chanyeol said. Suho sighed as he checked Tao to make sure he was alright. Tao's breathing was now back to normal and there was no sign of what had just happened.

“He's fine now, you can go back to your room” Suho said. Chanyeol nodded as he exited into the hallway.

“Poor kid” he muttered as he returned to his own room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New chappie^^ so I have no more members of Exo left to introduce since I introduced 4 of them in this chapter. And a little surprise about Seungri^^ and now a paid noticenot really on my status, I am putting my other fic, Torment, on temporary hiatus because my interest was going going gone

Edit: Not much to say here, it's getting late I guess