Chapter 23

Zelo's a WHAT?

The sun started setting shortly after Daesung and GD left. They sat there not sure what to do. "I know, we should build a fire. It'll be like camping!" exclaimed Youngjae.

"That's probably the best thing we can do until they get back. It will at least keep us warm" Yongguk said.

"Just gather some fuel and I'll give you a fire" Chanyeol said with a smug grin.

"They said fire, not blazing inferno" Sehun told him.

"Hey, I'm not that careless" Chanyeol complained. Sehun gave him an inquisitive look. "I have never lit anything on fire that I didn't intend to" he stated.

"I knew you did that on purpose!" Sehun exclaimed. Chanyeol responded with a grin. Himchan was about to say something when Emma stopped him. "Some questions are better left unasked" she said with a smirk and Himchan nodded.
Youngjae quickly left and collected some dry wood while they talked. He dropped the wood on the ground when he returned, startling a few people. "I want to see this, make fire" he told Chanyeol. Chanyeol laughed as, with Youngjae's help, he arranged the wood.

"Ready for this?" He asked and Youngjae nodded. "Okay, stand back" he said as small flames flickered around his fingers. He held his hand out palm up allowing the flames to form into a ball. He blew on it sharply and the ball of fire leapt into the pile causing the wood to burst into flames.

"Awesome!" Youngjae exclaimed.

"Doesn't that... hurt? Like, do your hands ever get burnt?" Daehyun asked.

"Not at all" Chanyeol laughed, "the nature of my power makes me immune to flame and heat."

"So does that mean Suho can't drown?" Youngjae asked.

"Yeah, but it's also dangerous for us if we overuse our powers" Suho replied.

"What happens when you overuse your powers?" Youngjae implored further.

"They cut out for a time, depending on how badly we over did it" Suho said.

"So how is that dangerous?" Daehyun asked.

"There are certain elements from our home territories that are necessary for our survival that our powers emulate. Like Chanyeol would go hypothermic without powers and I would suffocate because I can't breathe air" Suho explained.

"For some of us it's just mildly annoying though" Sehun stated.

"For you maybe" Tao snorted.

"I have to agree, you're the only one who doesn't have any extremely adverse effects without your powers" Kai said.

"What does happen to the rest of you if you don't have your powers?" Youngjae asked.

"Well, Lay gets really sick because his immune system is... lacking, Kai becomes disoriented and dizzy to the point of he can't even stand up, and I fall out of sync with time" Tao explained.

"My immune system isn't lacking, my powers are my immune system" Lay added.

"Interesting" Yongguk muttered.
As time wore on a few of them drifted off to sleep around the fire. Zelo noticed the temperature slowly dropping and shifted closer to the fire. When he still felt it getting colder he realized there was something wrong.

"Hyung" he said, turning to talk to Yongguk and finding him asleep. "Seungri, something's wrong" he said because Seungri was the only other person who was awake.

"I kind of noticed that" Seungri replied.

"I suppose that's one way to put it" came a new voice. Seungri was quick to place himself between Zelo and Xiumin.

"I thought you would have learned something from our last encounter" he said.

"Oh, but I did" Xiumin smirked. Without hesitation he lunged toward Zelo and Seungri moved to block him. A look of shock crossed Seungri's face as Xiumin's hand entered his chest.

"What..." he gasped.

"Surprise" Xiumin said as he ripped out some sort of power core with a handful of wires and tossed it aside. Seungri fell limply to the ground and Xiumin kicked the now lifeless android out of his way. "That was easier than I expected" he muttered, reaching for Zelo.

They were both startled by a yell from behind him. Xiumin turned to see Taeyang standing a few feet behind him. "That's right, there was another" he said.

"Kid, run!" Taeyang called as he charged forward toward Xiumin. He wound up for a punch but was tossed aside by an invisible force before he could swing. Zelo tried to run away like Taeyang had told him to but Xiumin grabbed hold of his wrist.

"I was beginning to think you had abandoned me Luhan" Xiumin stated as his companion entered the clearing.

"I never would have heard the end of it if I had" Luhan said, throwing Taeyang against a tree when he tried to stand up.

"Go, take the prince, I can handle this" Luhan added calmly. Xiumin nodded as he turned and left, dragging Zelo behind him.
Taeyang fought to free himself as Xiumin disappeared from sight with Zelo. "Hey pretty boy!" He yelled at Luhan, "you and I both know you can't hold me here forever." Luhan contemplated this for a moment.

"True" he said, letting Taeyang drop to the ground. "I do however have other methods" he added. Taeyang found himself surrounded by hundreds of tiny razor-sharp blades.

"What the...?" Taeyang gasped.

"Interesting, don't you think?" Luhan smirked. Taeyang stared at him warily while trying to breathe calmly. "What should I do with you now?" Luhan muttered thoughtfully.

"Um, maybe you could let me go" Taeyang offered as he watched the blades shifting around in front of him.

"No, that's not an option" Luhan replied. Taeyang felt the blades move close enough that they brushed his skin. "I'm probably taking too long on this" Luhan muttered.

With one swift motion the blades moved to stab into Taeyang's arm. Luhan threw him aside into a bush as the blades retracted and returned to the cylinder in Luhan's hand. He looked at all if the motionless sleeping figures as he turned around.

He took a step forward to leave and felt a sting in his neck. Reaching up, he touched a dart stuck into the side of his neck. "No fair" he muttered before he collapsed to the ground unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally I can update! I'm so sorry for making you wait so long. I was just lacking inspiration for the end of this chapter but I finally going it during class today.  As always please subscribe and leave a comment^^

Edit: so close to my current chapter that it hurts