Chapter 2

Zelo's a WHAT?

Yongguk had to swerve off of the road to avoid being hit by the flaming object. The car ran straight into a tree. Once his vision had cleared, Yongguk looked over to check and see that Zelo was okay. Zelo looked back at him with a scared look in his eyes.

“What the hell was that?” he growled as he climbed out of the trashed vehicle. Immediately, he noticed two cloaked figures with their faces hidden standing behind him. They each had a strange symbol on their cloaks, one looked like a phoenix, the other somewhat resembled an eye.

Exo elite guard, the words formed themselves in his mind. “How do I know that?” he whispered to himself before turning to Zelo, who was still sitting inside the car and telling him, “stay inside the car.”

Zelo just nodded, still in shock from what just happened. “What do you want?” he yelled at the two motionless figures. Somehow, he already knew the answer. They wanted Zelo. “You can't have him!” he shouted aggressively, grabbing a nearby fallen branch.

The taller one, with the phoenix, quickly flicked his wrist and the stick in Yongguk's hand burst into flame, causing him to drop it. “Stand down” the shorter of the two said firmly, “our quarrel is not with you.”

Yongguk stood his ground, there was no way he was letting them anywhere near Zelo. “Have it your way then” he said smugly, slowly raising his arm. A few stones and other objects began to float as his arm got higher. Then, he flicked his wrist forward and everything that was floating shot forward toward Yongguk like it had been fired from a gun.

Just before Yongguk was hit, another man rode up on a motorcycle and tackled him out of the way. Yongguk couldn't discern the identity of the stranger because of his helmet. “Thanks” he muttered as he looked over to the two attackers.

The bike continued forward into the taller figure, causing him to let out a deep growl. Yongguk grabbed his rescuer's arm and rolled them both to the side as the ground where they had been burst into flame.

“Thanks” he quickly muttered back as he stood to face their assailants. Yongguk followed suit and the four men stood facing each other as Zelo watched in fear.

Suddenly, a broken shard of glass from the vehicle flew up and imbedded itself in the other man's side. As Yongguk stepped closer to catch him, a ring of fire erupted from the ground around them.

The two cloaked figures stepped closer to the passenger door. The shorter one held up his hand and the door swung open. The other reached in and grabbed Zelo by the wrist, pulling him clear of the vehicle.

“Let me go!” he growled through clenched teeth, struggling to free himself. The man swung Zelo around, slamming him into a tree to knock him unconscious. Just then a pair of gunshots rang out.

One bullet was stopped before it hit the shorter one. The other hit the taller in his shoulder, causing him to drop Zelo.

As the flames went down, Yongguk looked up to see two boys standing at the side of the road with rifles trained on the two cloaked men. The taller man let out another growl as his companion helped him away from the place.
Once the two strangers were out of sight, Yongguk ran over to Zelo. “Zelo?” he whispered while gently shaking him back to consciousness.

“Ow” the boy groaned, rubbing his head as Yongguk helped him to sit up. One of the boys with the guns walked over to them.

“Is he alright?” he asked, gesturing towards Zelo. Zelo nodded,

“who are you?” he asked back.

The other boy chuckled, “sorry, I should have done that first. I'm Youngjae. My friend over there is Daehyun.” Daehyun looked over at them when he heard his name and waved.

“This guy isn't looking too good” he called over. The three others walked over and saw the other man, his helmet had been removed and his face was contorted in pain.

“Tabi” Yongguk whispered.

“Hyung?” Zelo said, staring curiously at him.

“It's his name” Yongguk responded without thinking. Then he realized that he knew the man's name but he didn't even know the man. He noticed Youngjae reaching to remove the glass shard. “Don't do that” he said, grabbing the boys wrist, “we don't know how bad it is.”

Youngjae withdrew his hand, “what do we do then?” he asked.

“We could take him to Himchan hyung” Daehyun suggested.

Youngjae hummed before saying, “that's probably best. We need to find something that we can use to make a stretcher.”

Yongguk nodded, “we have a blanket in the car. Come on Zelo, we should find some branches.”
A few hours later, they entered a small farmhouse. Carefully, they set down the stretcher with the injured man. “Hyung, we're back” Youngjae called out into the house.

“What took you so long?” someone else called back.

“We met some new... friends” Daehyun answered, looking down at the man on the stretcher when he paused. The man in the house, Himchan, came out to see the three guests in his home.

“What the hell happened to him?” he asked when he saw them.

“Long story” Yongguk grumbled.

“Well, could you at least try to tell me why you had to carry this guy here on a stretcher?” he said, staring at Youngjae and Daehyun.

“Well,” Youngjae started, “there were these two guys with these weird supernatural powers and-”

Himchan cut him off, “you expect me to believe that there were people with 'supernatural powers'?” Youngjae nodded innocently with Daehyun.

“Believe it or not,” Yongguk stated, “he's telling the truth.” Himchan thought for a moment before waving at Youngjae to continue.

“One of them was telekinetic and he jammed a piece of broken glass into his side.” Youngjae quickly finished before Himchan's patience ran out. Himchan knelt beside the stretcher and took a look at the injury.

“It's a good thing I went to medical school” he muttered. He stood up and gestured towards Yongguk saying, “I need your help to move him to the bed in the guest room. Daehyun, I need you to get me some supplies. Youngjae, take your other friend and sit down, I'm going to need you somewhere out of the way.”

“Umma-Chan mode activate” Youngjae whispered as he grabbed Zelo's hand and led him to another room.

“This is going to be a long night” he groaned as he and Yongguk picked up the stretcher.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

chapter 2... enjoy^^. quick little shoutout to my 7 subbies on this story so far. HUGE shoutout to Mojojojo because you're the only one who's left me any comments so far and you guessed the identity of the mysterious stranger in the last chapter correctly. IthinkIneedtogetmoreofalifebecausemostofmyfreetimeisspentwritingthisfanficorreadingotherfanficsandtextingwithmytwoproofreaders

Edit: Okay, so this one actually involved adding a couple of words