Chapter 22

Zelo's a WHAT?

The peace of sleep was broken early in the morning when Tao started screaming. Chanyeol, who was closest, grabbed Tao and held him still. “Who's getting murdered?” Himchan said as he sat up.

“Tao!” Suho gasped, running over to Chanyeol. Zelo propped himself up on his elbow.

“What's wrong?” he asked.

“I don't know, something to do with Tao it looks like” Daehyun answered, looking at where the Exoans had gathered around the screaming boy.

“Tao? Hey Em- Emma?” Zelo said, looking down at the girl in front of him. She was quivering and covering her face with her arms. “Emma” Zelo said, trying to wake her up. “Something's wrong with her too” he said worriedly.

“What is going on?” Yongguk asked Suho.

“We probably should have mentioned this before, but from time to time Tao gets these visions” Suho explained.

“And they cause him to have a seizure?” Himchan asked.

“This happens every time, yes” Suho answered.

“How long does this usually last?” Yongguk implored.

“Usually only a couple of minutes” Chanyeol replied, still holding Tao tightly.

“What about Emma? She won't answer me” Zelo said, now sitting up and holding her close.

“That I can't explain” Suho said.

“But maybe I can” Tabi interposed. “We know that she's telepathic, and that her and Tao are siblings. don't know how it works on Exo, but on Atala siblings always share a sort of connection” he explained.

“Huh, that explains it” Zelo muttered.

“Explains what?” Yongguk asked, startling Zelo.

“Just these dreams I've had every once and a while since we met Seunghyun. I guess they must have been his memories” Zelo replied. Tabi nodded, understanding what Zelo was talking about.

“I think it's over” Chanyeol sighed before anyone had time to notice the silence. “Now we need to wait until he wakes up” Suho said as Chanyeol relaxed his grip.
It was only a couple of hours before Tao started to wake up, and subsequently Emma. “Oh look, a handsome prince to wake the sleeping princess” Emma said because Zelo was still holding her.

“Oh, um... sorry” Zelo mumbled as he went to remove his arm from her waist. She grabbed his arm before he could pull away.

“I never said I didn't like it” she said, sliding his arm back into place.

“Are you feeling alright?” he asked.

“A little bit of a headache but fine otherwise” she replied.

“Okay” Zelo said with relief.

“How is Tao feeling?” Emma asked, shifting herself to a sitting position in Zelo's lap.

“A little worse for wear” Tao muttered in response, rubbing his head. “It feels like I was on the tail end of one of Kyungsoo's head-butts” he laughed.

“So it's that kind of headache” Yongguk said. Tao nodded and some of the others gave him a curious look. “I was on the tail end of one of those head-butts” he explained.

“I bet that hurt” Emma said.

“Well, yeah, considering it was hard enough to knock me out” Yongguk stated.

“We don't know why, but he likes doing that for whatever reason” Kai said.

“So I'm not the only person he's done that to” Yongguk said.

“How do you think I know what it feels like?” Tao asked. “Of course that only happened once because he got an earful from Kris over it afterwards” he added.

“And yet Kris doesn't seem to care when one of the rest of us gets taken down by Kyungsoo” Chanyeol remarked.

“Because Kris doesn't care about the rest of us” Sehun snapped bitterly.
They were all taken aback by Sehun's sudden outburst. “Don't look at me like that, you all know just as well as I do. When we left Kris was ready to take us down, then he saw Tao. He's always favoured Tao” he fumed.

“Somebody sounds jealous” Youngjae whispered to Zelo, warranting a glare. Suho and Lay were desperately trying to calm Sehun down to no avail.

“Why? Someone please explain to me why Kris could really care less about us until it comes to Tao. Why, out of all of us, did he choose Tao?” Sehun exclaimed as the wind started to pick up. He was staring at Tao when he finished. “Why?” he asked again.

“It um... it's kind of personal” Tao said nervously.

“But... there is an explanation, Kris didn't just take a liking to you” Sehun said, almost like a question. Tao nodded in response.

“Could you please explain it? I've always kind of wondered about it too” Kai asked.

“I guess I can” Tao replied. “It kind of has to do with my visions I get, because I haven't always had them. I started having them when my powers emerged. I was with Kris the first time I had a vision and I guess it must have scared him more than it scared me” he explained.

“That would explain why Kris gets freaked out whenever you have a vision” Suho stated. The others nodded.

“Speaking of visions, what was the one you had earlier?” Chanyeol asked. Tao stopped to think about it for a moment.

“It was strange, there wasn't really anything visual, like I had my eyes closed. It didn't seem like much was going on” he said.

“But it was cold” Emma said. Everyone's attention was caught by that single statement.

“Cold, like... how cold?” Lay asked.

“Like Mirai cold” she answered.

“That's really cold” GD stated.

“Yeah, is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking now?” Lay said.

“That Kris has sent Xiumin after us” Tabi remarked. Lay nodded a confirmation.

“Regardless of that, we need to keep moving” Himchan stated as he started getting ready to leave.
It didn't take them long to get ready and go. They travelled for a long time with some idle chatter without anything major happening. Kai suddenly stopped and looked up at Himchan who was at the front of the group.

“I have a question, where are we going?” he said.

“I figured we could go back to my house and figure out what to do from there” Himchan replied.

“That's probably the best plan we have for the moment” Tabi added.

“Okay, is it much farther?” Kai asked.

“I'm not sure” Himchan said with a pause. He stopped altogether and the others looked at him curiously. “It occurs to me that we might not even be going the right direction. I got a little turned around when we had to run away” he added.

“That's just great” GD exclaimed in frustration.

“So what do we do now?” Youngjae asked.

“I think we should stop here and send someone out to scout around. Maybe we'd be able to figure out what way to go that way” Emma suggested.

“That is actually a brilliant idea” Taeyang said.

“Yeah, but it wasn't actually mine. Zelo thought it but didn't say it” she responded.

“Whoever thought it, I volunteer to go scout” GD said.

“I'll go with you” Daesung added.

“Fine, just keep up” GD replied as he bolted off into the woods with Daesung close on his heels.

“Was that really your idea?” Yongguk whispered to Zelo.

“Yes, I just wasn't sure if anyone would like it or agree to it so I didn't bring it up” Zelo answered.

“Well, either way, good job” Yongguk said, patting his shoulder. A slight smile spread across Tabi's face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally an update!!! I know how annoying it is to wait for a story to update and I hate leaving you guys hanging for so long but I'm thankful that you have stuck by me and this story. I'm not sure if anyone noticed but I've officially been working on this story for a year as of four days ago^^ Please leave comments for me, it's been so long since I replied to a comment on one of my stories

 

And one last note to all my fellow Canadians

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!!!

Edit: I just had a momentary memory lapse and forgot what I wanted to write here... oh well