Chapter 26

Zelo's a WHAT?

Lay woke up with a splitting headache. “Xiumin, I hate you” he muttered.

He could remember the temperature dropping before he passed out. Opening his eyes, he was met with a surprise. He was sitting in the dark, his hands bound behind his back. On the wall he was facing, he could make out the outline of a door.

“Oh great! What happened now?” he exclaimed. Suddenly, there was the sound of the door being unlocked, disrupting any further thoughts. Lay had to squint through the light that came in.

A man entered the room, walking with an air of authority about him. “What secrets might you be hiding?” he pondered out loud.

“I have no idea what you're talking about” Lay replied, keeping a straight face.

“Oh come now, you must be able o do something. Among your kind we've found a hydrokinetic, pyrokinetic, and telekinetic, so far” the man said.

“Luhan?” Lay asked in confusion. His eyes widened as he realized his mistake.

“So you do know something” the man grinned menacingly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiumin sat for a long time with his eyes fixed on Daesung. There was disbelief written across his face. “Impossible, y-you're dead” he gasped.

“You know who I am?” Daesung asked curiously.

“Y-you don't?” Xiumin stuttered incredulously.

Daesung shook his head sadly. “That's one secret we've been trying to figure out for twelve years now” Seungri stated. Xiumin sat still transfixed on Daesung.

“Do you care to enlighten us?” GD asked.

Xiumin was silent a moment longer before he spoke. “We're brothers” he said quietly, lowering his head. There was a collective gasp from GD, Seungri and Daesung.

“So, Daesung is Exoan too?” Daehyun asked.

“I knew it” Emma mumbled from where she sat in Zelo's lap.

“When did you wake up?” Zelo asked.

“Shortly after Xiumin” she replied.

“Why didn't you say anything?” he exclaimed.

“I'm enjoying the warmth. I'm still a little chilled from earlier” she said, burying her face in his neck. Zelo didn't fight as she cuddled in closer.

“Wait, you said you knew Daesung was Exoan, how?” Daehyun asked.

“I'm half Atalan, I have a natural sense for the presence of others, and every species has a different presence” Emma replied, briefly turning her face to look at Daehyun before returning it to Zelo's neck.

“Does that mean Daesung can do cool icy things too?” Youngjae asked, changing the subject.

“I would assume so” Seungri answered. They continued to speculate for a while.

Meanwhile, Taeyang started to wake up to Himchan's care. He let out a groan when he felt the pain in his arm.

“You're awake, good” Himchan said.

Taeyang sat up, cringing when he moved his arm. “What hap- oh right” he said through gritted teeth.

“What did happen?” Himchan asked.

“I was trying to protect Zelo, one of the other Exoans stopped me. He had these razor blades that he stabbed my arm with before tossing me into the bushes” Taeyang explained. He flinched every time he made a gesture with his hands.

“Is there anything else you can remember after that?” Himchan implored.

“Um... there is one thing” Taeyang replied, closing his eyes to think. Himchan looked at him expectantly. “I remember hearing voices in the clearing before I passed out. I couldn't tell you what they said though” he told Himchan.

Himchan nodded thoughtfully. “Maybe Daehyun's right” he muttered.

Taeyang looked at him curiously. “Right, you wouldn't know about that. GD and Zelo only found four of us.”

Taeyang let out a sigh of relief. “That means Zelo is safe at least” he said.

“I have a brilliant idea!” Youngjae exclaimed, distracting everyone from whatever they had been talking about. “If Daehyun's government theory is right, maybe I can hack into their mainframe to find the others.”

“Since when do you know how to hack into computers?” Daehyun asked.

“I'm not as dumb as I look, and you don't know everything about me” Youngjae retorted. Daehyun raised his hands admitting defeat.

“I might be of some help with that” Seungri stated.

Youngjae grinned as he ran the hall to his room. He returned after a few minutes carrying a laptop computer under his arm.

“Let's do this” he said excitedly as he dragged a chair over and sat down beside Seungri. The two of them sat there muttering things to each other over the computer for a while before Youngjae looked up with an even bigger grin than before. “We're in” he said, “and Daehyun was right.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FINALLY I UPDATE!!!!!!!!! and on Seungri's birthday too^^ so yeah, Daehyun was right.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEUNGRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!