Tired

Salient Love

 

-YOUR POV(Daehee)-
 
The next day back at school, I shuffled into class and into my seat, looking like I just narrowly survived a zombie apocalypse.
My hair wasn't combed straight and neatly like it usually was, with some strands sticking out weirdly. And my uniform looked like a puppy helped me put it on or something. My face was pale and I had black eye circles that was an awesome contrast with my white face.
Look, I'm the new trend. 
The disgusting, zebra face trend.
Ugh. 
The whole class was staring at me like I was some sort of freak show.
Like I cared. 
Okay, maybe I would have, but I was too tired.
Upon seeing the disaster that is me, Sooyoung got out of her seat, half holding in her laughter, half looking concerned. 
She looked like a smiling goldfish. 
"What happened to you?" She raised a brow, grinning.
I just groaned and lay my head on my arms on the desk, trying to catch some shut-eye before lesson started. 
"Crazy night you must had. No wonder my text message was ignored!" She joked.
I lifted my head slightly, and glared at her.
"Stop your sick thoughts! Ugh" I slammed my head back onto the desk, but jolted up at the sudden headache.
"You're priceless!" Sooyoung chuckled, and sat on my table, just as I lay my head back down on the table.
My head was so close to her . Ew.
"Get your away from me... I'm sleepy.." I mumbled, my voice incoherent since my face was on the desk. I felt so lethargic. Everything was so darn fuzzy like a teddy bear. 
"Yah what happened to you?" She asked again.
"People say they would love getting medical certificates to be excused from school, but only if they knew what was coming for them..." I muttered. "Did you know how many mock tests and homework was dumped on me yesterday?!" I ranted and gave up trying to nap on the cold hard desk, as I flung my head upwards to look at Sooyoung, causing my already dishevelled hair to look even worse.
"Erm, you got some of your hair on your face.." She tried being funny. 
I glared at her. I had seriously no mood for her jokes. The whole world was so dizzy. My brain cells are still asleep and grouchy. I had barely an hour of sleep. 
"Chill!" Sooyoung hopped off the table and reached over and started massaging my shoulder, careful to leave the other injured one alone. I smiled appreciatively and laid back comfortably on my chair. 
"So slow down, tell me what happened yesterday? I thought no teacher gave you any homework yesterday?" 
"Well, that was what I thought too.. But, when I reached home I received so many darn soft copies of assignments and mock tests in my email, asking me to finish it by this week. Stupid mid year tests and the preparation! Stupid, I tell you! By the time I barely finished one mock test, it was 8!" I whined. "And I had to clean the whole house by myself, then I had to visit Minhee myself.. Then-" 
"Woah!" Sooyoung cut me off, and stopped massaging me. "Where's your father? He should help you! You are injured, you can't do the house chores!" She asked me, her eyes widening.
I frowned as I sat up properly, my eyes turned sober for a while. "He and I had a fight last night. He was drinking and making the house super messy and he still doesn't want to visit Minhee. He says she will never wake up so what's the point! How can he say something like that!" I sharply inhaled, then exhaled. "Then i guess I snapped with all the stress, and broke one of his beer bottles at like 3am in the morning and yelled. Then I just went to bed soon after and ignored him until now."
Sooyoung knew I was exhausted and wanted- no, needed- to sleep much more than anything else, and she knew that I hated talking more than I had to, so she just smiled and patted my back instead of asking more.
She fumbled with her phone, then placed an earpiece in my ear. I smiled and laid on my desk again, not caring if it was as hard as stone. 
It was beethoven.
It sounded lovely. I could sleep. 
What a beautiful lulla- "RING!" 
Everything was fuzzy.. I felt like i had a hangover or something. 
The school bell, signalling the start of a dreary, sleepy day, rung, killing my ear drums. 
I winced at the sudden throbbing headache. 
I pouted at Sooyoung and i fake sobbed. 
"Why why why.." I whined and hit my head as I vented my frustrations.
I was so irritated, so angry, but too sleepy to feel anything. 
Sooyoung chuckled and sat back down at her seat beside me.
I sat up straight and started to fix my hair and uniform, since the teacher was about to come in soon and I sure did not want to go through a reprimand. I broke a bottle, and I don't know what else I might break if I get too irritated in this sleepy state.
I received some calls and texts from my dad, so I decided to switch my phone off. 
The door then flung open suddenly and the whole class turned quiet and eyed it, and I was pretty sure one of the door hinges broke. 
I felt the whole room suddenly drop a few degrees.
Luhan walked in, his hair almost as bad as mine, but he looked surprisingly good in it, since it gave him the bad boy aura. Unfair.
He looked beyond pissed, his face was dark and his eyes were icy cold.
Instead of his usual expressionless face, he now looked frightening. 
He piercingly glared at the group of guys that was shamelessly staring at him and blocking his way to his seat. 
His eyes were biting and inclement, and the group of guys quickly scampered aside to let him cross. He sat down roughly, placed the headphones on and instead of looking out of the window like usual, he crossed his arms, tilted his head downwards and shut his eyes. Someone must have had a tiring day like me yesterday.
The whole class suddenly exhaled slightly, but they all remained relatively quiet, afraid of making too much noise. Everybody shuffled back to their seats gingerly.
I didn't know Luhan was that feared.
Some guy suddenly chuckled, probably at some funny picture at his phone and I saw Luhan twitch slightly in irritation. 
I bit my lip.
But luckily, he just shifted and closed his eyes again. 
The silence that followed rang in my ears. 
 
"Good morning class!" A loud, but petite woman stalked right in, causing everybody to jump in their seats.
I felt some pairs of eyes turn to look at Luhan.
He had no reaction.
There were some sighs of relief and some scoffed and whispered amongst themselves. 
I would have thought he was asleep, until he lifted his head and stared ahead impassively, removing his headphones. Probably giving up napping.
He caught my eye and I quickly turned in front, avoiding his icy gaze.
"Hello there!" Teacher Lee, our english teacher said loudly. My headache just got worse. 
"You!" She pointed a manicured finger at me. 
I blinked. I pointed at myself. "Me?" 
"Not you! That young man behind you, Daehee!" She said impatiently.
I was once again reminded why I hated her. 
Luhan then snapped his gaze towards her, saying nothing. 
"New student here?" She asked curtly. 
He just stared at her. 
"I'm talking to you!" She frowned.
"I can see that," he said simply.
That was the first time I heard him speak. His voice sounded smooth and melodious. 
The whole class was quiet, anticipating what was going to happen next. Teacher Lee was quite impatient, stern and direct, so almost nobody dared to go against her. 
"So are you a new student?" 
He just nodded.
She shook her head. "Meet me after class, new kid!" She orders. 
No reply from Luhan. 
"Okay class! Let's get started with lessons! I see that Daehee is back after her little break-" she glared at me slightly, which I had no idea why she did that- " -and I would like to remind everybody the project is due the week after next!"
"What project?!" I said, shocked, and a  little too loud. 
Teacher Lee shook her head. "You should ask your friends for the info! You know, from this, we can really see who cares about their results! Tsk!" she ed.
I frowned. Rude little cow.
Sooyoung looked at me apologetically, "i forgot, i'm sorry" she mouthed. 
"I already have a partner..." She bit her lip and told me. 
I shook my head and shot her a half hearted smile. I was too busy throwing bombs at Teacher Lee in my head. 
"Well then, since you started to care. Do you have a partner?" She asked, too sweetly. 
"N-" 
"That's what I thought," she cut me off. She tapped her chin in thought, while I threw daggers at her in my mind, my mouth set in a thin line. 
"Oh!" She snapped her fingers. "You there, new kid! You don't have a partner right? You partner with Daehee here," she ordered, as she passed me some project guidelines worksheets. I gulped. I didn't know if I should be happy or scared.
She recorded both our names down in the project partner list, before she looked up at Luhan again, awaiting his reply. 
Sooyoung beside me looked like she was watching some sort of movie. If only she had popcorn.
Luhan just blinked at her then looked at the window again. 
"YOU! LOOK HERE!" She shouted. 
The whole class got quiet again. 
"Do you know what is respect?!" She yelled angrily.
Her high voice would have scared the pee out of anyone, except the ice prince Luhan. 
He nodded curtly. 
"Then you should respect me as your teacher and reply!" She raised her voice even further, irritated. 
"I respect those that deserve it," he said boredly.
I think he lost interest in the conversation, and put his headphones back on. 
Teacher Lee then yelled once more. The whole class sat up straight, afraid. Even I was afraid. Nobody has ever dared to go against Teacher Lee, the boss. 
"Stand up right now! I had enough of your sass! " The class blinked at her shocking volume. 
She seemed beyond infuriated. I bit my lip, worried for Luhan. 
Luhan then stood up, and Teacher Lee smirked, thinking she got Luhan to submit to her as a student. 
But he turned to the side, and walked right out of the classroom with headphones on,  leaving a steaming and jaw agape Teacher Lee behind. 
_______________
 
*small note, your house is like a bungalow at the surburbs :b not some sort of condo or high rise building! Otherwise your sister cant possibly fly out of a back door and towards the forest! And thats why it takes a long while to clean the house.
 
This is a longer update! How is it ? :) 
I re wrote this three times as I couldn't decide how to write this chapter :( but in the end I decided to cut out a whole chapter that was supposed to be before this. And taadaa.