Irritant II

Salient Love

Dismissal was signalled with the loud bell. 

I stretched, kept my laptop in my holder before packing my bag. Finally, the end of the dreadful, horrendous school day.  I whooped in my head as I chucked my pencil case into my bag, zipping it shut when the zip suddenly got stuck in a pink hello kitty file jutting out of its place.
I felt my whole stomach drop again.
The project file. 
I sighed. So, mock tests, project, homework and settle things with my dad.
That really just destroyed my whole plan of rolling around on my bed the whole day.
And, how was I supposed to start the project when my partner keeps disappearing?
I turned around, eying his empty seat, as I stuffed the file properly back into my bag before properly zipping it.
Which made me realise, he hasn't left the school yet, judging from the looks of his bag sprawled on his chair. 
I sat back down on my chair, deciding to wait for him to come back, so that we can at least start on the project.
The whole class started leaving for extra curriculum and soon the class was empty, except for me, and Luhan's bag. A few empty, silent minutes ticked past as I just sat there, recollecting my thoughts and taking a breather from everything. The sudden buzz of my phone slapped me back to reality.
I shot my hand under the table, fumbling about trying to find my phone, when my finger came across a papery, crispy item.
"Oh!" I blinked, and stood up, slipping the paper bag from under my table. The paper bag for Luhan, I suddenly remembered as I walked over and put it into Luhan's bag, before zipping it shut.
I stood back up and smiled, feeling like a good samaritan. 
"Have a little crush?" A menacing voice resonated.
I paused, before sharply inhaling and turning around.
It was Junki, as usual.
I felt like grabbing that thick skinned nincompoop and strangling the the life out of him, before kicking some sense into his brains.
Why does he have to bother me every single moment he is free?
And, I thought I was the only person in the classroom left? And didn't Junki have football practice, which meant he would not be here pestering me?
He seemed to have read my mind and hissed, "Next time, make sure everybody has left with their BAG, before you commit any of your little pathetic acts."
"Didn't you have football practice?" I raised an eyebrow, crossing my arms.
"Why do you care?"
I frowned and just walked back to my table, figuring his teasing was not worth my time.
As I sat down, I was wondering if I should wait for Luhan, or just leave and ignore Junki.
But I thought that the project was much more important than that egoistic jerk, so I just took out my ipod and started to play games. 
"Yah! I was talking to you!" He snapped when I didn't respond him after 10 seconds.
I continued to ignore him.
I heard him take a deep breath, before two palms slammed themselves onto my table.
My eyebrow twitched as I continued to stare at the ipod screen, where the Tetris blocks started falling and placing by their own as I lost concentration in the game. Just what did he have against me! 
"What the hell is wrong with you? I didn't even do anything to you!" I said, desperately, finally snapping my head towards him when the last block fell in the game, and the large words 'game over' flashed on the screen. I worked hard to reach that level! 
I really had no idea why is he making everything difficult.
"Anything?" He scoffed. "Thanks to you, the whole school now knows about the incident at the soccer field!" He hissed. I stared at him, as my brain processed what he said.
I blinked, the puzzle pieces fitting. 
That's why some girls suddenly started to talk to Luhan, like Heeyoung saying he was 'badass', and the whole school was much more buzzy and loud today.
Before, the class was just curious about him and mostly fearful. And people just classified find him as 'cold' and different so not many paid much attention to him.
But now, everybody, mostly females, must have found him badass, with addition to his 'cold' attitude.
The perfect 'badboy' image.
"No wonder.." I murmured, before snapping my attention to Junki once again.
"Look, it wasn't me that spread that. I won't want to face your temper, like I am right now," I explained, frowning.
"Don't you dare deny! It's so obvious! None of those weak nerds would dare spread it. The suspects are between you and Luhan," he hissed.
Without knowing, I defended Luhan, "It can't be Luhan-sshi, I saw him not liking the attention he was getting and he doesn't seem like the type to spread stuff to ruin you. He seems more like the 'I will kill you' type if he you know, ever tries to ruin you."
"Well then, it must be you, isn't it?" He shouted, obviously pissed by the 'I will kill you' comment, since it probably made him remember what happened at the field once again when Luhan did seem to want to kill him.
"NO! It's neither me or him, so go bother someone else!" I yelled back, my teeth clenched, as I stood up and glared at him, my headache returning back full force.
Luckily, the classroom doors were closed, so nobody could hear us, I really hope.
I felt absolutely no remorse or fear for screaming at the 'almighty Junki'. He deserved it, and I had a clear conscience. So we both just stood there, glaring at each other, eyes filled with hatred.
But I still wanted to kill the person who spread the incident because now I had to face this angry cow.
He opened his mouth, probably to screech like a banshee again, when someone placed their hand on Junki's shoulder, pulling him back roughly. Junki yelped and collided onto the desks behind him.
He growled like an enraged little cow, and grabbed the intruder by his collar. "Yah-" he yelled, ready to bash someone, but his voice faded away when he realised it was Luhan.
Luhan eyed Junki's hand on his collar and the latter blinked and backed away, but still angrily glaring at the former.
They just stared at each other, their expressions b with malice, before Luhan broke the tension.
 "Next time, make sure everybody has left with their bag, before you commit any of your little pathetic acts," Luhan said to Junki, his voice carrying a subtle hint of venom.
Junki's eyes widened, taken aback at how Luhan was able to repeat what he said, as he fumbled for some sort of comeback. When he realised how clumsy and uncool he looked, he stood up straight, sent a finger to me and Luhan, before stalking out of the classroom. 
I blinked, stunned. Where and when did, I mean.. How did Luhan suddenly appear?
And he said the exact same thing Junki said moments ago. Was he in the classroom the whole time? Spying on us? But, why would he do that?
I heaved a large breath as I flopped back onto my seat. 
Who cares? At least he helped me get rid of that pest and I can finally have some peace.
Today had endless shocks and surprises at every turn and I am starting to go crazy.
Waking up from a nightmare, a nurse barging in, being late, getting punished by Lee, and now, Junki. I cradled my face in my hands, groaning.
I heard some fumbling about and a zip sound that followed, making me realise Luhan was leaving already.
THE PROJECT. I have really bad memory, don't I? 
I quickly shot out of my seat, shouting, "Luhan-sshi wait!"
I saw him jump a little as he stopped walking and stared at me curiously, his eyes wide open in alarm. 
I didn't know why, but he looked like a deer, or a doe, with his eyes wide open like that. They were really big.
When I realised where my mind had wandered off to, I quickly pinched myself.
"Uh-uhm, thank you for uhm," I fumbled for words. Thank you for saving me? But I wasn't really in any grave danger and 'save' would be too extreme a word to use ... Or should I say Thank you for helping me? Hmm, sounds funny and a teensy too minor.
"Thank you for.. Getting rid of him?" I finally said, tilting my head. I hope it doesn't sound weird.
He blinked and nodded.
"And, uhm, we have to start on the project," I quickly mentioned, before I forgot again.
He paused for a second before looking at me, question in his eyes.
He must have forgotten.
"The English project, given by the rud- I mean Teacher Lee, do you remember?" I asked carefully.
"Yes." He finally answered with his voice.
This was super awkward. 
"Okay, so are you free today, now? We can go to the library to start. We have only about a week left to complete it," I asked, fiddling with my fingers. I sincerely hope he wasn't the kind to ditch responsibility because I highly doubted I could rush it out myself in only a week, when the other groups had close to a month, or at least 2 weeks. 
He nodded and made his way out of the classroom, towards the library. I quickly chucked everything into my bag in a hurry, before trailing after him.

Hello there! :) please help me with the poll below, so I will know how to improve the story ^^ 

thank you!