Creepy stalker II

Salient Love

-LUHAN'S POV-

 
"Stand up right now! I had enough of your sass!" that woman screamed. I growled inwardly as I tried to keep a calm composure. I already had a bull of a yesterday and night and I had no mood to go through this with a mad woman. I honestly wondered why I even came to school today. 
I looked up and met eyes with a furious little cow. 
I stood up like she said, and I caught her victorious smirk.
I decided that I didn't need to take this, so I made a last minute decision, and I turned and walked out of the classroom, bringing my headphones along. As I saw her smirk slip, to be replaced with frustration and helplessness, I felt a mischievous smile creep onto my lips as soon as I had left the room. My mood felt just slightly better. 
Slightly. 
 
I strolled down the hallway, headphones on. 
I started to get distracted with the music. 
Images of the day before came flooding back.
Suho's disappointed expression, the broken figurine on the floor.
The shattered pieces of glass everywhere. 
And whenever your mind starts to fill with negative thoughts, many other not so positive stuff starts to rush past your mind too. 
I felt my calm self slowly slipping away, like water on hands ; slowly losing your rationality. 
I clenched my fists, nails digging into my palm and I finally stopped walking. The music sounded so far away.
But I couldn't feel anything and I couldn't hear the music into anymore. And once more I came back to questioning myself, why was I here? What the hell am I doing in school? What am I trying to accomplish? I had caused so much trouble and stress to everyone just by my own selfish decisions. 
I sharply exhaled and shook my head.
I didn't want to remember anything, not now. 
So I tried emptying my mind of everything. I didn't want to confront any of my problems now. I was too tired. I spent the whole night thinking but I got nowhere.
Or maybe I was just a coward, not wanting to confront anything. 
I pulled down my headphones and let them rest around my neck. And once again I was pulled back into reality and stress.
Reality was the one thing keeping sane, yet making me so frustrated at the same time. It was this mirror that holds me as a prisoner, but yet it's the one thing which keeps splashing water in my face, to tell me to wake up. 
 
I shook my head, not understanding myself anymore. 
I needed to clear my head. I had to. I was slowly losing grasp of sanity.
Instantly, I knew the place to go. It was the only place is this dreaded school I found acceptable. 
 
I wandered to the back of the school, and turned past the cordoned off point and walked down an unused hallway before passing through the large double doors. 
I sauntered down the steps and towards a shady area before inhaling the warm lemony air, and lying down on the grass of the school's back garden.
It was a pity, how they were going to get rid of this scenery just to build extra classrooms. But I don't think I would be here long enough to see the new classrooms be built. 
I closed my eyes and let the warm and calming atmosphere wash over me. Maybe it wasn't reality that kept me sane, but these little escapes. 
 
"So this is where you have been," a voice chuckled. 
My eyes snapped open and I shot up from my position, grabbing the unknown person by the collar, my eyes like daggers. 
Who the hell would find me here?
"Yah! what do you think you are doing?!" The voice yelled and pushed me aside. I blinked at the familiarity of it, and I then carefully looked at the owner's face.
 
It was just Sehun.
 
He frowned, dusting his polo tee as he stood up straight.
I stepped away awkwardly, relief washing over me as I rubbed my neck sheepishly. 
But the relief was short lived when I realised that Sehun was here. 
Sehun was right here, beside me.
Which meant that he found me. 
In school.
My eyes widened and I grabbed his collar again. "How did you get here? How did you find me?" I narrowed my eyes. Sehun looked shocked by my sudden movement again, before he grinned and pushed my hands away. I let go but I still continued to eye his every movement, my eyes burning, but mostly in anxiety instead of anger.
"You disappeared again and Suho told us to not go find you anymore. I decided to play detective and went into your room to find clues ; and guess who found a certain tie?" He smiled, waving the said school tie in my face. 
I frowned and grabbed the tie, messily throwing it around my neck since I left my bag in class. I must have forgotten to put it on in my horrible state this morning. 
".. Nobody saw right?" I asked Sehun.
He nodded. 
"Does anybody else know?" I mumbled, feeling like a child getting caught for staying up late.
He shook his head, amused at my behaviour.
"Don't tell anybody."
Sehun nodded, his playful grin coming back. 
I nodded in relief, then narrowed my eyes at him. "Don't go into my room ever again."
He burst out laughing.
 
I thought my mood would be in an ascending order after that, but how wrong I was.
When it was dismissal after gym, I felt like murdering someone. And I almost did. I flung my bag over my shoulder and stalked out of the classroom. 
I was really, really annoyed. And also at myself for letting my emotions win over my rationality. I was so tempted to just aim the ball a teensy more to the left and I would have had a satisfying result. But luckily, I wasn't as immature as that imbecile and would never stoop to his level.
I rubbed my bruised nose gently, realising it has healed already. Hopefully nobody noticed the fast disappearing wound.
 
I sighed and decided, after this exhausting day, all I wanted to really take a walk around the forest.
I had past the corridor and stairs and was about to turn to the school gates to leave when I noticed an unfamiliar, green sticky note on my locker. I paused and squinted at it, curiously walking towards my locker.
I teared it away from my locker, peering at it.
"Meet me at the back garden again! 
     Love, hun. :) " 
I shook my head, amused. I stuffed the sticky note onto my pocket and turned the other direction, towards the back garden. 
The pair of eyes following me not going unnoticed. 
 
I stepped through the giant double doors, and purposely left it slightly ajar, allowing a small ray of sunlight to peek into the dark hallway for a certain someone. 
I didn't know why I did that.
Besides, she would have opened the doors by herself anyway so might as well do it for her instead and maybe she would get the hint that I know she was there.
I sauntered over to the shady tree, and sat down beside Sehun. He was tossing an apple up and down as he looked straight ahead, distracted.
My mind wandered back to that someone when my gaze fell on the apple, and I had to restrain myself to not look back at the door even though I knew she was peeking out of it now. I decided to give her a chance to save herself from being caught.
 
I poked Sehun, question in my eyes.
He blinked, like he just broke out of his trance and he lay the apple on his lap.
"Oh! You're here," he smiled, but it seemed forced.
I raised a brow and stared at him. Being used to me not talking much, Sehun was unfazed as he started conversing.
"Oh by the way, Yixing said he wants his headphones back," he poked me back. 
"Trust me, I need it more," as I re-adjusted them around my neck properly. 
"So how's school?" He smirked, asking the obvious. 
I rolled my eyes. "Irritating," I murmured.
Sehun grunted an 'oh', and it was silent for a while.
I started to feel suspicious of his reason for calling me here.
I shifted uncomfortably ; it was unlike Sehun to stay quiet for so long.
I turned to look at him and he caught my eye.
He had this serious aura around him suddenly, and I felt almost scared.
Sehun was rarely serious and mad, but when he was, it was something of importance. 
He swallowed and looked at me, his gaze impassive. And my face hardened. It wasn't on purpose, but more of instinct. 
I had seen and met too many mishaps and problems, that I knew it was key in not letting your opponent know your emotions, and therefore incapable in pre-empting your next move.
Sehun searched my eyes, for a small hint, any hint of shock or weakness. But I let my gaze remain stoic. Finally, he sighed and showed signs of emotions on his face first. 
"Don't go all robot on me. I was just curious, and mostly worried for you."
I raised an eyebrow, letting my guard down slightly. 
"Would you mind telling me, why are you suddenly going to school since you find it irritating even? Disappearing everyday? And even when it's the weekend, I rarely see you." He exhaled, "is something wrong?" He frowned in worry, his eyes portraying skepticism. 
I swallowed and looked away at his sudden bombardment of questions.
Finally, I shook my head.
In my mind however, it got chaotic.
His question was a small slap from reality once again. 
Why? Why was I going through all this difficulty, just to attend school?
I knew I was asking the obvious. 
I instantly thought of the owner of the pair of eyes peeking through the double doors. I finally looked at Sehun, sure of my reply to his question.
"Because I owe someone," I answered. "I caused someone pain, and I need to return that debt, somehow." 
Sehun nodded, suspicion and curiosity tinted his eyes but didn't say anymore. But the question, "is that all there is to that?" was left unspoken and hanging in the air. 
And even though I tried to push all my insecurities since years ago back down, I knew the answer was no and there was much more than just returning a debt.
But I didn't realise that yet. 
I clenched my fists and looked away, a sour feeling biting at me. 
The silence was laced with suffocating tension as both of us had our internal battles and thoughts.
And Sehun must have noticed, since he turned and looked at me, his eyes shining. I turned to look at him, my eyes still hard.
I really wondered how he could change his mood so fast.
"Do you remember a few years ago? At the sandy bay beside our house?" He smiled.
I nodded carefully, unsure where this conversation was heading to.
"All of us were there, playing in the sand. It was the first week or so that you just met and came to live with us. You were such an anti-social robot, and you would sit on the rocks, just watching us play," Sehun chuckled, his eyes distracted. He was probably replaying that memory.
I didn't say anything, and just quietly let him continue. 
"So many things happened that day, and you got closer to us, although only  slightly, ever since then! I remember I came over with Kris, trying to drag you over to play with us but you remained stubborn, firmly holding onto your stupid rock!" Sehun pouted, his eyes twinkling. 
I bit my lip to suppress a smile. I remembered Sehun stomping like an elephant when he couldn't get me to move and play with them and Kris pushed him down onto the sand since he was making such a racket. 
"And then, Suho and Kai came over and we four tried to pull you over but you continued being the stubborn toot that you are! Then finally everyone came over and we finally dragged you through the sand, towards the water," he smirked.  
I rolled my eyes. It was 11 to 1, how was that fair? 
"Hehe. We all brought you to the water and we threw you in! Puhahahah it was hilarious. But your face when you emerged from the surface.. Was not so hilarious-" Sehun shuddered, "you looked ready to kill and we felt that we had taken it too far, too fast." 
I looked away, reminded of my old, petty self.
When they threw me into the water, I was absolutely fuming. Because firstly, i didn't know them well and I considered it assault previously, secondly I was the only one drenched from head to toe, feeling utterly embarrassed, and lastly I felt my ankle twist from the impact of hitting the shallow water.
But I knew they didn't mean it and when I felt slightly guilty for having such a big reaction and even though the ankle would heal fast anyway-"- you splashed water on us!" Sehun laughed. 
"The funny thing is, you just made a tiny splash that only made a small spot on my shirt wet, before you walked out of the water and sat on the sand like nothing happened!" He was practically rolling on the grass now. "You- you were like an awkward little tortoise!" He was gasping for air. I looked away, slightly embarrassed. 
I only wanted to seem like I took it lightly, and that I was playing with them right back too. But I guess I failed, since I was scared that I would piss them off and made a small splash to not offend anybody. 
When I realised how stupid that looked.
And decided to pretend nothing happened. 
I shook my head at my old clueless self, and I bit my lip to not get infected by Sehun's contagious laughter.
After a while, Sehun's laughter slowly died down.
"But ever since then, you were more open to us. I don't know how till now, but you started to play with us too!" He smiled. "I don't regret pushing you into that water for one bit," he nudged me, grinning.
My heart warmed slightly, and I couldn't suppress the smile any longer. 
I knew why I opened up, albeit slightly, on that day.
It was their smiles and their effort.
They tried, and tried, to make me play with them even after my stubborn attitude, and after my previous childhood experiences, it was one of the most sincere things I had ever seen someone do for me. 
When I fell in the water and emerged, they all looked genuinely concerned they had taken it too far and was worried about my opinion and cared about what I thought. I knew that even in this corrupted world, there were a handful that were sincere. And I was lucky to have met some of them.
Sehun grinned widely when he noticed he made me smile.
I knew it myself, that I didn't display affection or happiness often.
We both sat there, smiles on our faces, reminiscing the past. 
Until Sehun broke the trance.
"I don't want to spoil the happy moment, but you do know someone has been spying on us since you came here? I didn't say anything because I thought you had purposely led her here?" 
My smile faded away, suddenly remembering her presence. I forgot about her after the little story retold by Sehun. 
I nodded. "Mm. I knew she was following me. I forgot about her." 
Guess she missed her chance of saving herself from embarrassment.
I turned and stared at her from where I was sitting, as a sign I knew about her.
Too late.
 
I saw her eyes widen and a small, soft squeal was heard as she darted back in. I scoffed at her poor spying skills. 
"Let's go home!" Sehun stretched and stood up. I nodded and got up too, my eyes still on the door.
"Let me do something first," I murmured, as we both hopped over the high fences. 
 
Soon after, we were the ones being the spies. 
I followed Daehee, with a weirded out and suspicious Sehun behind me.
I noticed she was stumbling a bit, and she kept rubbing her forehead. I frowned, guessing that she probably had a headache.
And I suddenly remembered that she looked almost as haggard as me this morning before I saw her pop some pills and sweets to have enough energy for the day. 
I realised she must have had a tough night like me. 
I wondered what was causing her anxiety. 
My thought were broken when I realised we were nearing her estate.
Sehun poked me from behind.
"What the hell are you doing?" He mouthed.
I frowned and placed a finger on my lips, urging him to shut up.
"I DIDN'T EVEN MAKE A SOUND!" He mouthed agitatedly, moving his arms about to prove his point.
I rolled my eyes and ignored him. 
And as soon as I saw her enter her house and lock the door, I spun around, colliding into Sehun accidentally. He pushed me away angrily, and pouted since I ignored all his questions after, as we both walked home. 
________________
 
How is this? :b super long chappie, compared to others! 
Heehee Sehun is super adorable.
AND THE DRAMA VERSION IS OUT YAY *throws confetti* 
Lulu looks so hot. But why is he like cartwheeling and flipping when he is getting chased ? Hahahah