Sandy bays

Salient Love

 

- no one's pov - * years ago *
 
The soft brushes of waves against the sandy bays, as sparkling shells wash upon and embed itself against the soft sand, awaiting it's discoverer. 
 
Golden rays stream down and gently float over each ocean ripple, and danced over the foam that crashes upon the sand.
 
The smell of the ocean, seaweed and freedom laced the atmosphere.
 
A small, wide-eyed blonde boy sat on a mossy rock under a messy net of trees that was a distance away from the sandy bays and the ocean. The boy dangled his legs over it as he counted the number of pebbles beneath his toes.
"Thirty-two.. Thirty-three.." He quietly mumbled to himself, as his toes graced past each smooth pebble.
 
"HEY PASS THE FRISBEEEEE!" A loud yell echoed from the sandy bays. 
The boy winced and shook his head. 
"I lost count again.." He muttered, dragging his legs back up onto the rock and hugging them. 
The blonde boy then turned to look at the sky, squinting at the sunlight as he tried to make shapes with the clouds. 
When he had finally identified each and every cloud that passed by him as different flavours of candy floss, he turned towards the sandy bay.
11 boys hopped and skipped around the sand, some falling into the waters, some digging a hole in the sand, some piggybacking others. 
The blonde boy felt empty as he hugged himself tighter. 
No, it wasn't the fact that they were playing around without him that made him feel numb. It wasn't that at all.
He didn't feel lonely to be very honest.
It was the fact that each of them had a sincere, giant grin plastered on their faces but all he had on was an emotionless, bored one.
"Mum said to only show what you feel on your face. But I feel empty." The small boy muttered. 
"Why are they so happy?" He thought, hugging his knees tighter. "It's just throwing a flying disk around."
He sighed and laid his face on his knee and stared into the distance, wondering about each curious thing he caught sight on. 
 
"LULU HYUNG!" Somebody squeaked. The blonde boy flinched, his thoughts broken as he turned towards the commotion. His eyebrow twitched in irritation.
He didn't like that name.
 
"Luhannieeee!" An even shorter, younger blonde boy squealed. "Come play with us!"
Luhan silently shook his head, hiding his irritation and not moving from his mossy rock.
"Pleaseee?" The small boy fluttered his big eyes, pouting.
"No." Came Luhan's short reply.
"Waeeeeee?!" The young boy dragged his words once again as he yanked on Luhan's shirt.
"Leave me alone and go," Luhan said impassively, shifting away from the loud little imp.
"WAEEEEEE?!"
"Oh Sehun stop screaming!" another tall, brown haired boy came marching over with the frisbee. Luhan scoffed and shifted to a more comfortable position on his rock, ignoring the racket before him as he went back to staring at nothing.
 
"B-but KRIS HYUUUUNG.." Sehun pouted. "I want Luhannie hyung to play with us!" 
Kris face palmed. "Don't disturb your hyung! And he isn't going to play with you if you are so noisy!" Kris scolded, hitting Sehun's head with the frisbee.
"EHHHH WHY DID YOU HIT ME?! I WANT LUHANNIE HYUNG TO PLAY WITH US
I WANT
I WANT
I WAAAAANT!" Sehun yelled and stomped about the sand. 
 
Luhan was sure he left permanent shoe marks there.
 
Kris frowned. 
"Yah.. Stop-" 
"I WANT"
"Seh-
"I WANT"
"SEHUN PLEA-"
"I WANT!!"
"SEHUN!"
"I WAAAaaaAAAaaNT!" 
Kris pushed Sehun down onto the sand, making him land -first.
"Sehun, please stop whining." He finally finished his sentence.
Sehun pouted. "But.. I want."
He gave Kris his infamous puppy eyes. Kris frowned, and folded his arms, glaring back at Sehun. But the latter just made his eyes bigger and sniffed at the former.
Kris sighed and finally gave in. "Luhan.. Do you want to play with us? We're having a game of frisbee."
Luhan shook his head without looking at them. 
Sehun started to whine again, trying to force Luhan to play with them.
Kris nodded, "okay.. Do join us if you feel like it!" He showed his usual megawatt smile and dragged a whining Sehun together with him and left.
 
Luhan sighed at the peace he finally attained.
But obviously such peace can't be maintained for long with a whiny, miniature version of Sehun around.
Soon, the said imp had found his way back to the mossy rock and squeezed himself beside Luhan. Luhan frowned and shifted away from Sehun further.
The latter moved nearer.
Luhan moved even further.
Nearer.
Further.
Nearer.
Further.
"Stop! I'm going to fall off the rock," Luhan snapped, pushing Sehun away and reclaimed his usual seat. Sehun pouted and slid off the rock, sitting on the sand below and crossing his legs.
It went on like this for a while - Sehun sitting at the bottom, pouting, with an impassive Luhan at the top.
Luhan his lips, slightly regretting being so mean to Sehun.
".. Go and play with others." Luhan finally broke the silence.
Sehun shook his head.
"Go. I don't want to play," Luhan said again.
"I won't go unless you play with us too!" Sehun folded his arms and lay against the rock, determined in getting his hyung to play with them.
"Fine," Luhan retorted and lay down on the rock too. 
 
"CATCH THE FRISBEE, KAI!" A young, black-haired boy yelled past the roar of waves.
"GOT IT, SUHO HYUNG! EEHEEHEE!" The olive-skinned boy replied, smiling widely, as he ducked forward, landing on the sand as he caught the frisbee.
"SEHUN CATC- eh?" 
Kai stood up. 
"Where's Sehunnie?" Kai scratched his head, looking around. Wasn't Sehun beside him just 5 minutes ago?
"Suho and kris hyung! Where's Sehun? Wasn't he playing with us?" Kai jogged to his elders who shot him confusing looks.
"He was..." Suho frowned, and looked around curiously, trying to spot the youngest. "Don't tell me he went off wandering again.."
Kris rolled his eyes, knowing exactly where Sehun would be,
".. I know where he is," Kris heavily sighed. "Follow me," he motioned with his hand as they headed towards the rocky bays.
 
"What?" Was all the little Kai could say, as the sight of Luhan lying on a rock, together with Sehun sitting against it at the bottom met him.
"Sehun, don't you want to play anymore?" Suho frowned. "I thought it was fun.."
Sehun shook his head cutely. "I'm not going to play until Luhan hyung joins us. I'm going to sit here until he wakes up!" He announced, frowning in persistence. 
Kris blew a raspberry. The youngest was the youngest for a reason. 
"Why don't you both join us?" Kai innocently added on. "That would be fun!" 
Suho nodded eagerly, waving the frisbee around. Kris knew it was futile to try to drag Luhan to play with them.
They had barely met. 
Luhan had just moved in with them less than two weeks ago and he didn't speak much to anybody. He obviously wouldn't be thrilled to play games with 11 people he still thought of as strangers.
Kris leaned against a rock, watching them.
"Play with us, please?" Kai tried again, poking Luhan. 
Luhan shot up from his lying position, his eyebrows furrowed.
"Don't ever poke me, " Luhan uttered coldly. 
Kai pouted but still stared at Luhan with hopeful eyes. Sehun then jumped up and stood beside Kai, giving him his puppy eyes too. Luhan cringed and looked away.
"Come on! Just join us! It's fun!" Suho tried once more.
"Come on Luhannie hyung! We all want you to play!" Sehun smiled and nudged Luhan. 
"Yes!" Kai and Suho chorused.
Then Sehun's face turned cold, giving off a scary aura for a 7 year old boy.
"Play with us. Or I'll force you to."
Luhan scoffed and turned away, ignoring the threat. "It's getting too noisy here," he said, sliding off his rock and going off somewhere.
 
"LET'S GET HIM RAWR!" Sehun roared and charged towards Luhan.
Luhan widened his eyes but before he could even react, Sehun had hopped onto his back, knotting his fingers into Luhan's hair, refusing to let go.
"PLAY WITH US OR I'LL STAY HERE FOREVER!" Sehun screamed.
Luhan yelled in frustration as he tried to shake Sehun off.
"S- stop that! Sehun!" Luhan hissed.
Kai looked at the scene from afar, absolutely excited. 
"Let's help Sehun!" He yelled and marched over to the pair.
 
"W-what? Wait, Kai! Sehun stop that!" Suho yelled and ran after them.
Kris shook his head and laughed, pushing himself off the rock and jogging after them.
"PLAY PLAY PLAAAAY!" Sehun sing-songed, yanking onto Luhan's hair.
"OW STOP. I'M SERIOUS," Luhan snapped, stumbling about the sand with Sehun on top.
"Aren't you always?! PLAY WITH US!" Sehun pounded his chest, yelling like tarzan as he perched himself on Luhan's back.
"Get off!" 
"NO!"
"Sehunnie, I'll help you!" Kai chirped and held onto Luhan's arm, yanking him towards the ocean.
 
"Boys! Stop!" Suho shouted after them, with Kris trailing behind.
 
"BOYS!" Suho tried again but their yells drowned him.
 
Suho sighed, but then shrugged childishly.
 
"Well.. If you can't beat them.. JOIN THEM!" Suho chuckled and grabbed onto Luhan's waist, dragging him towards the sandy bays. Kris blinked, surprised at the mature Suho's actions but soon his smile returned.
"WHAT THE? GET OFF!" Luhan shouted, trying to pry the leeches off him. 
Kris stood at the side, amused.
"GO AWAY!" Luhan screeched, beyond annoyed.
"Hey! What are you guys doing?" Tao and Xiumin came jogging by after they had finished building their sandcastle and noticed the noisy bunch.
"WE'RE CONQUERING LUHAN HYUNG! JOIN US!" Sehun squealed happily.
"Wait wha-"
"OKAY!" 
"CALL THE REST OF THEM! WE SHALL CONQUERR!" Xiumin cheered.
There was a stampede as the boys came rushing over and huddled over the group.
Soon, all 11 boys had wrapped themselves around Luhan, pulling him towards the sea.
Luhan was surprisingly strong, and he managed to pose a fight to the boys.
"Get- oomph - OFF ME!" Luhan yelled, trying to shake the boys free but it was a losing battle. A well fought, but losing battle.
"PLAY WITH US AND WE'LL LET GO!" Sehun pulled his hair harder.
"OW- NO !" Luhan stubbornly screamed.
The yelling bunch of boys soon touched the edge of the ocean waves.
"PLAY WITH US OR WE'LL THROW YOU IN! FINAL WARNING!" Sehun roared, getting the cheers from the other boys.
"You wouldn't dar-"
 
SPLASH.
 
Sehun hopped off Luhan's back, and the rest shoved him into the waters.
Sehun started to giggle, followed by the rest's laughter.
Except Kris, whose face portrayed anxiety. Did they take it too far..?
 
Luhan emerged from the water a while later, his hair swatted about his face as he limped closer towards the sand. 
Sehun's laughter died away, followed by the rest. 
Did he injure his hyung by accident?
 
Kris remained stoic.
 
Luhan brushed his wet hair away from his head, and the expression he revealed was no joke.
His eyes were murderous and inclement, his aura deadly as he glared at the 11 imps in front of him.
Sehun gulped as involuntarily shifted back. The 11 boys looked frightened as they stared at Luhan.
"I think we took it too far.." Kyungsoo murmured to Chen. Chen swallowed and nodded. "What do we do?" He whispered.
"What if he's angry?"
 
Luhan's hardened and inclement eyes softened for a second.
They looked so scared of him. 
Was that really what he wanted? 
For others to be afraid of him? Especially those that he is going to live with from now on?
Sure, they took it too far, embarrassed him by drenching him and even caused his ankle to be twisted..
But all they wanted was for him to play with them. 
He heard his bones twist and crack, as they shifted back and healed themselves.
They didn't mean it, a voice in him whispered.
They actually care.
They care whether they angered you which shows you mean something you them. 
Someone you finally mean something to.
Don't let that slip away. 
Luhan swallowed as the voice faded away.
 
Luhan coughed and looked away, his murderous aura fading. But the boys didn't seem to notice the change in atmosphere, since they continue to eye Luhan with apprehensive looks, afraid he would scold them.
"Sehun, come here." Luhan said impassively.
Sehun swallowed and shifted nearer.
Luhan lifted his hand and Sehun squeezed his eyes shut, awaiting a slap or a whack on the head.
 
But all he heard was a loud splash and a soggy feeling on his shirt. He opened an eye, and realised his shirt had a small wet spot now.
Did Luhan just splash water at him? A really small splash at that.
"I just played with you. Now, leave me alone," Luhan muttered, and trudged out of the water and plopped onto the sand, starting to squeeze his shirt dry.
 
The 11 boys stared at where Luhan was just standing in the water, question marks on their faces.
Sehun blinked before he started laughing crazily, followed by Kris's chuckles. The rest of the boys looked curiously at them, unsure what was the joke.
"He-he considers that as playing with me? Puhahahah!" Sehun fell onto the sand and rolled about.
"He's so funny! That's not considered a splash anyway!" Sehun guffawed.
The rest of the boys started to laugh too, after realising what just happened. Luhan tried to play with Sehun to placate him but it was a such a horrible attempt, it became funny.
"Even a flower pot can make a bigger splash!" Chanyeol laughed.
"I like that hyung, he's different," Sehun smiled and jogged over to Luhan, plopping himself beside him.
 
The rest of the boys excitedly skipped over, huddling around Luhan.
Luhan frowned at their presence, but didn't tell them to go away anymore.
He knew it was useless anyway and maybe because of something else he would never admit to himself..
 
He liked to be alone, but nobody likes to be lonely.
 
Kai poked Luhan, "how's your hair after being yanked by a dinosaur?"
Luhan shook his head and didn't say anything about the poking.
"Tch! A cute dinosaur you mean!" Sehun grinned and started to prance around as a supposed dinosaur. Baekhyun chuckled and pointed at him, nudging Chanyeol.
"Are you trying to be a unicorn?" Lay blinked curiously.
Baekhyun burst out laughing.
Sehun paused, and his jaw dropped. "WHAAAAT!" He yelled in outrage and started ranting about how his acting is under-appreciated.
The rest laughed at how funny Sehun was being and applauded Lay's comment.
 
Through the laughs and yells, chuckles and prancing around, nobody failed to notice the very first time they saw Luhan's smile, as the 12 boys sat around in a circle and watched the sun fade away, the sea water brushing upon their toes.
 
 
"Say Luhan hyung, do you prefer the name Luhannie, or Lulu?"
"... Luhannie." 

Hey guys ! 

I said I would squeeze in another update soon right ? :-) i find this update super cute ehehee. sehun ahhhhh.

Bad news,I don't think I can squeeze another before my exams. Sigh. Do be patient my dear readers :-( i'm sorry! Just three more weeks ! :-) 

Therefore here's a long update, as my apology :-)

Tomorrow marks the start of my hardcore revision period. Bye for now ! Xoxo.