Communicate

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-
CHAERIN POV 
 
I looked around as stealthily as I could, hoping to spot the familiar group as they made their way inside the university gates. Really, I was only looking for that one tall person. Why? I don't know. I tried my best not to seem suspicious and pretended to be texting on my phone, looking up every few seconds and then returning my gaze to my phone. After a while it was already five minutes until classes would start. I took one last look towards the gates and made my way to my first class. Luckily, the professor was late and I was able to sit in my seat by the window. As I sat, I peered out to see if I could find him in hit classroom. The only familiar face I saw was Junghee. I let out a sigh and leaned my head onto my desk, wrapping my arms around it. Why am I worrying over someone like him? I decided to sleep for the period. I hadn't gotten any sleep at all. I was waking up every hour after habit a bad dream. With visions of him dying alone in my head I woke up in a cold sweat. Eventually I had given up sleep and worked on a project that wouldn't be due for another month. Now I was dozing in class. I felt a pen poke my arm. I groaned and turned my head to meet the eyes of Hyushik. I have him a death glare and turned my head around once more. He chuckled and poke me again. I turned around furiously and gave him a stern look. 
 
"Why haven't you said a single word all morning? Why didn't you respond to me at all?" He became pouty as he whispered to me and I just shook my head. I wasn't in the mood to speak. The absence of that one person brought me down. And I wasn't going to tell him about the things I felt about Chanyeol. He would only get jealous. I heard him sigh and I went back to sleep. 
 
Too soon, the class came to an end and Hyunshik had to shake me out of unconsciousness. He walked me to class like usual and I met Junghee at the door. I could tell they were communicating with each other through their eyes. It was something these two did a lot. I guess having a twin comes with perks. I rolled my eyes at them and walked into the classroom, hoping to see him sitting in the usual spot behind me. No luck. I let out a sigh and plopped into my seat, not bothering to look up when Junghee gave me a look and sat in her seat beside me. I chose to stare at my legs below the table and tried to push all thoughts away. Why was I feeling this way?
 
CHANYEOL POV
 
Had it not been for my sister, I might have never gotten out of that suffocating hospital. Somehow she convinced the doctor and nurse to let me leave last night and she took me to her apartment in Hongdae, explaining that the person she had hired to find our mother was waiting for us there. I didn't know if I was going to be happy or not. At the current moment I felt... Nothing. I played random games on my phone as we drove to her place, no talking going on at all. Just as I was about to beat my high score in Bejeweled a text message from Baekhyun popped up on my screen. I frowned as I tapped the screen and read the message. 
 
From: Diva Bacon
 
Kris said that someone is looking for you. Something about her being depressed. Are you dating a girl? Why didn't you tell me?! 
 
I could hear Baekhyun's voice in my head as I read the words from the text. I shook my head and quickly typed a reply. 
 
To: Diva Bacon
 
I'm not dating anyone, idiot. You know I don't do relationships. It's probably another girl who likes me. It's happened before stupid. 
 
I returned to my game and ignored his reply. After a few more minutes, we arrived at my sisters apartment. I stretched as I exited the car, not fond of the fact that my legs had been cramped in its small space. My eyes traveled to the building in front of me and I cringed. 
 
"What? Is it not to the Princes' liking?" My sister scoffed playfully and walked to the front door of the place. It wasn't so much that I didn't like it. I didn't think it was safe. It looked like a place where stupid college kids like me would trash. I cringed as we entered the building, kids running around freely and throwing things around. "I'm not too fond of it either... But father doesn't fund me well... After everything that happened." I hummed and followed her as she stepped into the elevator and pushed the button to her floor. It was a couple minutes before the elevator made a sound and we made it to we floor. There were only three doors on the floor and I followed her to the last door on the right. She unlocked her room with a key-haven't seen apartments like that in a while- and pushed the door open before walking in. 
 
"Choi Byungjoo-ssi!" She called out and looked around the apartment. My sister had somehow made the place look nice. There was a single window that looked out above a couple buildings before being blocked by a skyscraper. She had polished the wood floors to gleaming perfection and had a white fur rug in the center of the living room that doubled as the dining room. The kitchen was only ten feet away from the entrance. I frowned and let out a sigh before plopping myself on the white leather couch and leaned back. Even if we did not get along that well anymore, it hurt me to see the living conditions she has. After a minute my sister appeared with a guy who looked to be around his mid-thirties. He was dressed casually and had a smirk on his face that I didn't like. I gave my sister a look and watched as they sat down, Yura noona beside me, and the ByungJoo guy across from us in the similar armchair. He cleared his throats me smiled. 
 
"My name is Choi ByungJoo. Your noona hired me to locate your long lost mother. I'm also a good friend of hers too." He gave a strange smile and I gave Yura a look. She ignored me and cleared . 
 
"Supposedly, she was last seen working in a flower shop in Busan about four years ago. We're still trying to find out where she went afterwards. The problem we had is that there is not one person that mother talked to. So no one really knows her. The flower shop owner passed away last year and she has no relatives." My sister sighed and looked at her hands. 
 
"So... Did you find her?" I directed my question at the ByungJoo guy. He gave a smile and nodded. 
 
"We found your mother in a chicken restaurant in Daegu about a month ago. The only thing is that she won't leave. And she won't see Yura. Yura wasn't even able to come to Korea until today so we couldn't do much. Your mother fled to Jeju island. We were hoping you could take the reins from here." I scoffed at him. Was he serious?
 
"If you didn't know, mother left because of me." Yura gave me a look and I just gave her a shrug of my shoulders. 
 
"She didn't leave because of you. She left because of grandmother. Can you please take care of the rest? I have to finish studying in China and then I'll be leaving to America. I came back to give you the news." Yura stood and ByungJoo followed her movements with his eyes. 
 
"I can't do it. You know if he finds out he will kick me out. I have no time either. I started college already." She pursed her lips as I spoke and I could see the disappointment in her eyes. I gave her an apologetic look and she sighed. 
 
"Then, you'll have to keep working on it ByungJoo. Make sure she comes to us." He gave her a nod and a smile. She turned to me and made a gesture for me to stand. "I'll take you home." I sighed and nodded before following her to the door. When we exited her apartment I gave her a knowing look. 
 
"He's not just the investigator is he? He's your boyfriend." I smirked as I saw her cheeks flush. 
 
"Shut up, Chanderp." She hit my arm and we laughed as we entered her car. "I still want to meet your girlfriend." My eyes bulged. 
 
"I don't have a girlfriend!" I refrained from yelling in her ear and stomped my foot as she turned the key in the ignition. She drove off and somehow didn't kill us as she sped to our house. As we passed the neighborhood down the hill from my neighborhood, I saw a familiar pair of figures walking and laughing together. "Chae-"
 
"Is that Kris? That must be his girlfriend!" Yura grinned and honked her car horn to get their attention. My whole body became rigid when their eyes came to the now parked car about ten feet behind them. I heard mumbled words from Kris and then footsteps approaching the car. Yura lowered my window and she grinned at Kris. "Ayo Krease!" I flinched. She pronounced his name the way I pronounced it the day I met Kris years ago in pre-school. She never let me live it down. 
 
I heard his chuckle as he leaned down to become visible in the now open window. I gave him a nod and tried to look inconspicuous as I looked behind him to see her. She was staring down at her shoes with her hands in her jacket pockets. Her hair draped down her back in deep waves and her lips were set in a small pout. I couldn't help but to admire her features as my sister and Kris talked. As she waited, she shifted on her feet and bit her lip. I felt a smile tug at my lips and my whole body became warm. This was not like me. It was not like me at all. After a while her eyes lifted and met mine. In that split second it seemed as though we were able to communicate with each other. I could just read her thoughts as though she were an open book. 
 
Why are you with him? Why are you with Kris? I didn't have to try hard to get this message to her. When she read it through my eyes she scoffed slightly and the innocent pout was gone. Why did she become so hostile towards me? 
 
Why does it matter? We don't know each other. It hurt to see her response. I responded to her with a smirk. 
 
You're right. Forget I asked. I don't know why I responded so coldly. It hurt me when I saw her eyes widen slightly and then her face set into a scowl. I just pushed her away even more. Park Chanyeol, you idiot!
 
"Chanyeol, how about it?" Yura's voice pulled me to the situation in front of me. I looked over at her reluctantly and raised my eyebrows in question. "The party for Suho? Aren't you going to help with it?"
 
"Yeah! Of course. Sorry." I mumbled and they looked at me strangely. Kris gave me a strange look but nodded.
 
"Alright. Well, I have to finish walking this little lady home. I'll see you guys later! I'm glad you're back, noona. See you tomorrow!" He waved as he walked away from the car and to Chaerin. Once again our eyes met and she sent me a final glare before being escorted away by Kris. I felt my chest tighten as I watched them walk away. I scoffed and turned away from the sight of them laughing. Yura seemed to notice my upset, but she didn't question it. She quickly dropped me off, sure not to be seen by anyone that would tell our father that she was here, and left saying she'd call later on. I made my way inside and immediately threw myself into bed, not caring that it was still early evening and I hadn't eaten in almost an entire day. 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally decided to update this. I honestly had this written for like three weeks. But I was not gonna post it util I updated and finished my other fic. Oh well. 
 
Anyway, I'm still doing summer band camp so I haven't written much at all. I hope you understand!
 
I also hope that you enjoyed this chapter! I know it's going a bit slow but I have to explain certain things. :P
 
Thank you to all of my subbies! You're all wonderful! Please do for me feedback! Thank you!
 
Until next time my lovelies~~~