Explain

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-
CHAERIN POV
 
I stared down at my hands and let out a sigh. "I'm fine, Hyunshik. I just needed some time to clear my head. Please stop interrogating me." It had been about two hours since Chanyeol had dropped me off at the dorms around 2 in the morning. Luckily, he had driven off before Hyunshik had pounce on me at the staircase door to our floor. Somehow he had snuck in to our dorms and had been searching frantically for me. I hadn't noticed that my phone had died until Chanyeol had woken me up. 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*FLASHBACK~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
"...up. Wake up, Chaerin." I felt a slight nudge on my side and I groaned. I really never was a morning person. I shifted in my sleep and realized how uncomfortable I was. "Chaerin-ah... Wake up. You have to get back to your dorm." I groaned again and curled up my legs to my chest, hiding my head in my arms in protest. I heard a chuckle and then a small sigh. “Fine… But we are both going to get in trouble if someone finds us in my car at two in the morning.”
 
With that statement, my brain finally began to function. Car? Since when have I been in a car? I don’t have my own car? Wait… was that a male voice? I shot up from my position and immediately regretted it as my head hit the ceiling of the car. I groaned in pain and touched the spot that was now throbbing. I let out a whine as I bumped my arm against the side of what I assumed was the car door.
 
“Are you okay?” A hand touched my head and I became rigid. I turned to the owner of the hand and felt my heart beat quicken. Chanyeol’s face was just a few centimeters away from me and I could feel his breath as it tickled my nose. His eyes were wide and focused on what I was sure a fast growing bump on my head. His lips were slightly parted and I found myself staring at the soft pink color. My heart was beating at least three times the normal rate, my face and back burning. What was this feeling? “Chaerin, are you okay?” His right hand was waving in front of my face and his other was resting on my cheek, more warmth spreading through my body.
 
“Huh? Y-yes. I-I’m fine.” I turned away from him and tried hiding in my hair. His hands retracted almost as quickly as I had moved, and cleared his throat. “I… I should g-go to my dorm. Thank you…” I reached for the door handle and almost screeched when the door didn’t open. 
 
“I locked it. Sorry.” His voice was small and I just gave him a curt nod. He unlocked the doors and I quickly opened the door, the coat that was covering me in my hand, climbed out, and shut the door behind me. I walked away without looking back, my hand clutching the fabric above my chest as I made my way in the general direction of the dorms.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“You should have told one of us before you left! We were searching the entire city!” I held back my laughter as his voice went up an octave. He glared at me from across the room, his arms crossed over his chest. 
 
“Hyunshik, stop overreacting. She is not a child.” Junghee leaned against the wall and let out a yawn, aggravation clear in her tired eyes. “And we only searched the neighboring restaurants and stores. Stop bothering her. She’s probably tired. Go back to your dorms before you get in trouble. Let’s go to sleep, Chaerin.” I nodded and stood up from our couch.
 
“Wait.” Hyunshik was by me in a just a few seconds. “This coat… You don’t have anything like this.” His eyes eyed the fabric that was keeping my legs warm. I froze and began formulating some kind of excuse as to where I got the coat. My sister? It was on sale?
 
“I bought that for her a while back, Hyunshik. Go to your dorm.” Junghee pushed her brother out of our room, trying her best to be quick. She shut the door as quickly as possible and the leaned against the door, letting out a heavy sigh. After a few seconds she raised her eyes and gave me a look that said that I had explaining to do.
 
“I owe you. I will explain everything to you tomorrow. I promise.” She just nodded and started walking to the direction of her bed. 
 
“Sleep. Now.” She muttered, and plopped herself on her bed, no more words said.
 
“Agreed.” I followed suit, but I didn’t sleep at all. Too many things were racing through my mind that I did not get any sleep that night.
 
CHANYEOL POV
 
I stared at her retreating figure until I could no longer see her, and even then, I didn’t move. We were so close to each other. I shivered when I realized that I didn’t have my jacket. I looked behind me and didn’t see it. She must have taken it with her. I smiled for some strange reason and started my car, turning on the heater as I drove home.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“What? Move into the dorms?” My father eyed me from behind the newspaper clasped in his hands, in his chair almost halfway across the room. He set down the paper slowly and regarded me closely. I ignored his gaze and focused on my bacon and eggs as though they were the most fascinating things on earth. I nodded and took a forkful of the fluffy yellow substance into my mouth, chewing slowly before taking a bite of the bacon slice. I heard him clear his throat, but I refused to meet his gaze. 
 
“It’ll be less of a hassle for Alex. And I can experience what it is like to live in a dorm. You always told me that I have to learn how to interact with the common people of Seoul. This may help.” I kicked myself internally as I gave my father the best fake smile I could. He thought for a moment and I was praying for him to agree to my request. 
 
“I suppose it would be good for you to mingle with them… However, a dorm is not ideal. I can get you an apartment nearby. You will stay there with Alex to keep an eye on you. You will not hold parties, and you will focus on your studies. Do not make me regret my decision, Chanyeol.” With that he stood and left the room, his food untouched. I let out a sigh of relief and smiled at my reflection in my glass of water. 
 
“Young master, it is time to leave for your first class.” Our main butler, Mister Jin, reported to me and I nodded, the smile on my face almost impossible to wipe off. “Alex is outside.”
 
“Thank you, Jin.” He was taken aback and I just smiled. Today would be a good day. I could feel it already. 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I am back! Did you guys miss me? I missed you all so much! So I finally finished my last year of marching season. I actually finished like a week ago. But I'm currently in my depression mode. This chapter I had preswritten but I didn't want to post it when I wasn't sure when I would har some free time to write the next one. I hope you like this one! Please leave me feedback! 
 
Thank you you all of subscribing even while I have been away!
 
until next time!
~