Story Time

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-
 
CHANYEOL POV
"Go where?" I followed behind her and she stiffened. She didn't reply to me, nor did she turn around. She just kept on walking, not giving me a single second of her attention. I began to not care and stayed silent as I followed her. I stuck my hands in my pockets and began wondering if she was cold. She didn't have a jacket on and the thin long sleeve she was wearing probably didn't do much for her. I watched her as she came to a halt by a stoplight and a shiver went through her body. I frowned. Couldn't she have remembered to bring a jacket? It's late October! I shrugged off my jacket and stared at it for a few seconds before I wrapped it around her shoulders. She jumped at the contact but she welcomed the warmth. I gave her a smile and she just looked away. She tried shrugging off the jacket but I kept my hands on her shoulders to prevent her from doing so. She frowned at me to which I only smiled. She turned away and waited for the sign to give her allowance to cross the street.
 We walked on for quite some time, until it soon became night. She somehow came to make a complete circle and we arrived in front of the cafe sewers in just earlier today. She stopped in front of my car and I watched her.
"Are you not going to take me back?" She in ally spoke and I was a bit taken aback. I looked at her as she turned to face me.
"Aren't you hungry? You didn't eat at the cafe." Her face flushed as she thought and I thought I heard the distinct growl of her stomach. I chuckled as her ears turned red and she clutched her belly through my jacket. She frowned at me and pointed at my car.
"Just take me back. I'll eat at home." She released a sigh into the air where it became a white puff. Was it really that cold outside? I couldn't really tell. I looked at her and noticed that her nose was slightly red, as were her ears. I frowned and looked around us. My eyes fell on a small shop that had a girls coat, mittens, and hat on a mannequin. I looked back at her and grabbed her wrist gently, pulling her in the direction of the shop. She protested strongly and murmured a few things but I payed no attention to them. As we entered the shop warmth caressed my face and I felt at ease. I was still holding her wrist and she gave a whine as she tried wiggling free. I shook my head at her and she pouted adorably. I smiled and pulled her to a rack of coats just a few feet away and began pulling different kinds of coats and sweaters then handing them to her.
In the back I spotted the small room that were designated as the changing area. I pulled her over and gently pushed her towards one of them with an encouraging smile. She frowned at me but entered.
 
CHAERIN POV
I slowly made my way into the five by six room and tossed the coats and jackets onto the shelf beside the full-length mirror in front of me. What was his problem?! I wanted to go home! I blew my hair from my eyes and stared at my reflection. My nose and ears were red from the cold and it almost looked as though I had been crying. His jacket made me look no bigger than a ten year old. I angrily shoved his jacket off of my shoulders and let it drop to the floor beneath me. I leaned against the wall and let out a deep breath. What was I doing here with him? What was I doing here in this changing room? I don’t even know why I let him bring me here… wherever ‘here’ is.
“Are you almost done?” His voice called me and I almost jumped. I frantically began to tug on one of the coats he had pulled off of the racks. I didn’t bother to look in the mirror, and cautiously grasped the doorknob in my right hand. For some strange reason, my heart began to race in my chest and my hand was shaking. Just as I was about to turn the knob, it its own and I almost fell forward. I stumbled into a warm body and clutched onto them for dear life. I don't know why I was so frightened over the small occurrence, but I almost had a heart attack from it. 
 
The soft body that I landed on shifted, pulling me up to a proper standing position. I was gripping onto the persons arms and I was sure that I had to look pathetic. I felt warmth on my face and I slowly opened my eyes. I was met with the sight of a very worried Chanyeol, his eyes bulging from his sockets. 
 
"Chaerin-ah! Are you okay?" His voice shook slightly as he eyed me up and down. Why is he asking me that? Why is he holding onto me? I felt my whole body tense up and I pushed him away before retreating back into the room and leaning my back against the door. My heart was pounding against my chest and I found it extremely difficult to breathe. "Chaerin-ah" His voice sounded just behind me and I flinched. "The coat... I already bought it. Let's go. I'll get you something to eat on the way back." I heard his footsteps retreat. He already bought it? I looked to the tag hanging from my wrist. 
My eyes bulged. 292,000 won?! (Roughly $275usd) For a coat?! I shook my head and grabbed his jacket before running out of the room. "Yah!" He turned back at my yell and arched a brow. "Why did you buy this!? I can just stay in the car! Return it. Get your money back."
 
He shook his head at me. "No. You were freezing. And I need my jacket too. I can't get sick. And besides, we're eating out side." He grabbed my hand once again and pulled me out of the store before waving to the girl behind the cash register. I frowned a bit and bit my lip. Outside? 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
I pulled the coat as close to my body as possible and blew warm air into my cupped hands. Why was it this cold? I eyed my surroundings and sighed. An outdoor vendor? If he can afford such an expensive coat for me, why didn't we go to an indoor restaurant? 
 
"I wanted to have some warm street food and soju." He spoke as he sat down in the chair opposite me. Did he read my thoughts again? I eyed him closely and he just gave me a goofy grin. I glared and crossed my arms over my chest. "What?" He asked, as he poured two glasses of soju, his eyes focused on the liquid, his left hand supporting his right arm. 
 
"You're driving. Why are you drinking?" I ignored him as he tried to hand me my glass. He set the glass down in front of me and grabbed his own.
 
"I'm not drinking a lot. And I'm not a light weight." He have me a smirk. I responded with narrowed eyes and he raised his glass. "Gambe!" He drank the glass in one shot letting out a noise of satisfaction before setting his glass down on the table again. Just then the ajummah who ran the eatery walked up to us, an array of dishes on the tray in her hands. She gave us a sweet smile and I couldn't help but smile back. 
 
"I'm so glad you came back Chanyeol. And I see you've brought a friend! You've never brought anyone before. Is this your girlfriend?" She sent a wink to him and he just chuckled. I felt strange hearing that question.
 
He stood, taking the tray from her hands and smiled. "Aish! You know you're my girlfriend!" She laughed at his response and I found myself chuckling along. He pecked her cheek and she shooed him off of her. He sat back down and thanked her. She sent me a gentle smile and returned to the stoves. 
 
"You... Come here often?" I was strangely curious as to how he was so close to this ajummah. It sounded as though he came here a lot.
 
"A friend of mine always wanted to eat here. But her father was very protective and didn't have the funds to make the journey out here. On a trip she had come with me and ate here. Then she disappeared. I came here every week for five years..." He was staring at his glass with a solemn expression. Somehow I pitied him. First love? What was that like? I've never experienced something like that. I've always just been focused on my family."You remind me of her sometimes." He smiled and I tried my best to avert the sight. 
 
This person is not the same that I had seen before. It was as though he was letting his guard down. It was very interesting. I looked at my glass and slowly wrapped my fingers around the cold material. In a second I brought the glass to my lips and downed the bitter liquid in one go. I bit my lip as the burning sensation subsided. He gave me a smile and refilled my glass. A small pain began building in my head but I ignored it as I took another shot. 
 
"Eat something. It's not good to drink without food." He held up some kimchi and rice in a spoon. "Say 'ah'~" I pouted but did as he asked. I ate the food and chewed it slowly, savoring the spiciness. He chuckled and drank from his own glass. "Now that I shared some of my past with you, tell me something about yours." I found myself in deep thought over his words. He had told me about himself. It was only fair I did the same. I let out a breath and was a bit shocked to see the white cloud appear.
 
"Ah... Well I caused my mothers death." I refilled my glass and drank it swiftly, enjoying the sting of the alcohol. His eyes bulged and he shook his head. 
 
"I doubt that." I smiled at his words.
 
"It's true. She died when I was born." He refilled my glass and I drank it in just three seconds. "If I hadn't been born, she'd still be alive." I stared at the empty glass. "I had never really come to terms with this fact. My older sister ha always told me that I was a killer. From my birth she had disliked me. It didn't help that our father seemed to favor me over her either. I never wanted that. But I couldn't break my fathers heart and push him away."
 
"It's not your fault." His voice was low. I looked up at him and sent him a sad smile. I let out a choked laugh and turned my head away. I could feel tears prickling my eyes. 
 
"It is my fault. It always has been." I angrily wiped my eyes and smiled bitterly. "Thanks for the soju." I sighed and leaned my head back in my chair. Even though I didn't trust him at first, he's very easy to talk to. He is a good listener. He...
 
CHANYEOL POV
 
I could hear her breath become even as her eyes dropped closed. She mustn't be very good with alcohol. I held back a smile and looked at her glass. She had drunk at least two thirds of the bottle just on her own. I hadn't tried to stop her. I don't know why. I guess I wanted to break down her walls. I quickly paid Minyoung, my "girlfriend", and returned back to the table. She had curled her limbs up just slightly and was slightly open. I held back a smile and gently tucked her hair behind her ear. 
 
"Not your girlfriend, my eye." Minyoung tsked me and I hid my face by turning away. "Take care of her. And don't try anything stupid."
 
"I'd never dream of it. She's too... Special." I smiled as I stared at her sleeping face, her cheeks and nose red from the cold. She's far too special to me. And I don't even know why. She's just so familiar. She's like a soul mate... 
 
I picked her up as slowly and gently as possible and carried her to my car. I eased her into the backseat and pulled the hood to her coat up so that she could rest her head comfortably. I slipped off my own jacket and placed it on her body. She shifted slightly and I froze. It took a minute before she relaxed again and I retracted. I closed the door as gently as possible and made t way to the drivers seat. I slid into the car and started the engine. Time to get you home. 
 
 
****************
 
I finally updated! Thank you to everyone that has waited so patiently for an update! I'm sorry! I have just been so busy. College apps really . And I'm just super stressed. But I wrote this chapter whenever I had free time and finally finished it tonight! I hope you enjoyed it! I don't know when I will get to update again, but until then my precious lovelies~