Forgiveness

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-

AUTHOR POV

 

Chaerin sat against the wall where it and her bed connected, her arms and legs wrapped around her body pillow as she stared at the jacket she had just been wearing and was now draped over her desk chair. As soon as she got back into her dorm she had been as quiet as a mouse, trying her best not to wake a sleeping Junghee. She had been successful in being silent, but she was unable to stop her mind from racing and yelling at her.

 

Why did you let him put his jacket over you? Why didn’t you thank him more for taking care of you? Did you like the way his lips felt on you? Why won’t you stop thinking about him?

 

She shook her head and bit her lip. Had she really liked it? Her heart wouldn’t stop fluttering at the thought of the interaction between her and Chanyeol. Her mind was full of images of his lips that she hadn’t even remembered seeing. Had she been staring at him all day and not even noticed it? Her cheeks flushed as she recalled their staring session in the movie theatre. She shoved her face into her pillow and bit her lip to keep from making any sound.

 

CHANYEOL POV

 

I was grinning like an idiot as I made my way into my apartment. I was doing my best to be silent so as not to disturb Alex from his sleep. I wasn’t as lucky as Chaerin had been. Alex came out from the living area and I cringed when I saw the look on his face. Oh crap.

 

“Park Chanyeol. Why were you not answering your phone?” Alex gave me a disapproving glare and I only gave him a smile and a shrug. Alex took notice of the grin on my face and just let out a sigh. “You’re lucky I didn’t tell your father about this.” Even though we were a lot like brothers, I knew that Alex would not hesitate to tell my father whenever and if ever I disappeared out of the blue. It was mainly out of concern for me, I knew that. But when he made comments like that, it truly scared me. Though I did my best to act tough and as though I owned the world, the truth was that I wasn’t tough, and I sure as hell didn’t own anything but myself.

 

“Thank you for not telling him. I will be going to bed first. I already ate so don’t worry about me. Goodnight hyung.” With that, I retreated into my room and shut the door, walking to my bed and letting my body plop onto the soft mattress. I found myself grinning once again as I stared at the ceiling of my bedroom. I was once again thinking back to Chaerin and the adorable expressions and the way she had looked in my jacket. The whole night I had thoughts of her running through my mind, lulling me to sleep, hoping to dream of her.

 

 

AUTHOR POV

 

Hyunshik stumbled into his dorm room, his scent heavy with alcohol. He had been at a curbside restaurant drinking soju after he had left the movie theatre. He had seen Chaerin and Chanyeol there and it was too much for him to take. It had sent him further into depression and he wanted something to numb the pain of heartbreak. It was at this moment that he was glad that he had applied for single dorm room just for himself. He would have felt terrible if someone had to deal with him in his current state.

 

As he neared the bathroom, he tripped over his own feet, hitting the floor hard. He groaned and lay there for a few minutes. As he lay there thoughts of Chaerin came to his mind. He could remember the first time he had met her, the first time he knew that he cared for her more than a friend should, the first time he took care of her when she was sick. Everything was flooding to him and at that moment all he wanted was to end the constricting pain in his chest. He curled himself up and was able to push his back against the wall just next to him.

 

As he sat there, he tried his best to push all depressing thoughts away. It was hard when all that he could think about was the girl that broke his heart more than once in all the years that he had known her. He let a strangled laugh as he came to realize that she would never reciprocate the same feelings that he had for her. Love was truly a cruel thing. At least to him.

 

*** Four Days Later ***

 

“Is he still not answering?” Chaerin questioned Junghee from her place at her desk, Her arms now resting on the almost entirely clean surface. She lifted her head only to see Junghee sniffle as she stared at her phone’s screen. “I will take that as a ‘no’.” Chaerin let out a soft sigh before standing up, stretching her limbs and walking up to Junghee. She grabbed her hand holding her phone and gave her friend a small smile. “Let’s go check his dorm. I know you’re worried. I am too.” She nodded, with a sad smile and allowed Chaerin to pull her up gently.

 

As they walked to the boys’ dorm a familiar figure walked up to the two girls. Chaerin let out a smile as he stopped in front of them. Junghee kept her eyes downcast and had almost bumped right into the tall man. Just as she was about to hit him head on, he grabbed a hold of her shoulders to stop the collision.

 

“Ah! Careful!” The deep voice sent shivers down Chaerin’s spine and she bit her lip underneath her scarf.

 

“Ah, sorry Chanyeol-ssi.” Junghee muttered as she regained her balance and adjusted her beanie. She gave him an apologetic smile and he just gave her a wide grin, shaking his hands in front of his face.

 

“It’s okay! Don’t worry about it!” He was more than happy that she had bumped into him, giving him an excuse to stop the two girls in their tracks. He had been eagerly wanting to see the two for the past few days. However, because of Junghee’s finals, Chaerin had been busy helping her study and she had also been packing her things to go home for winter break. Now that finals were over, Chanyeol also had no reason to be on campus. He almost regretted leaving his home.

 

“What are you doing here? Don’t you live off campus?” Chaerin looked up at the grinning man and had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep from mirroring his grin. He looked down at her and found himself lost for words.

 

“Uh… I came to talk to my professor.” He averted her eyes by focusing on Junghee. “Junghee-ah, are you okay?”  He had noticed that she was very quiet, which was quite the opposite for Junghee. She gave him a sad smile and shrugged. Chanyeol turned back to Chaerin who was now gazing at Junghee with worry.

 

“Can we talk later Chanyeol? We have somewhere to be.” Chaerin spoke, her eyes not leaving Junghee. Chanyeol was saddened by her words, but he could tell that she needed to be alone with her friend.

 

“Sure. Call me if you need anything okay?” He unconsciously raised his hand and rested it lightly on Chaerin’s head, mussing her hair slightly.  Chanyeol was shocked at his own action, but decided to let his hand stay. Chaerin’s eyes widened but she relaxed herself quickly and gave him a nod as she grabbed Junghee’s hand gently, leading her away from the tall male. Chanyeol felt himself become empty as he watched her walk away, pulling her friend beside her.

 

As they came to the boys’ dorm, they showed the receptionist their ID’s, and made their way to Hyunshik’s room. Thankfully his room was just on the third floor right beside the elevator. Once in front of his door, Junghee stood frozen as ice.

 

Chaerin could tell that her best friend was not going to knock but she stood there waiting for her to be ready. As Junghee stared at the maple wood door, a million thoughts ran through her mind, What if he was sick and she hadn’t done anything about it? What if he hadn’t come home at all? What if he was busy with new friends and he wanted alone time? Maybe he was… was… Just as she was about to break down and cry from all of the possibilities the door opened on its own. Startled, Junghee stumbled back and into Chaerin, almost causing them to topple to the floor.

 

Hyunshik looked down at his wide0eyed sister and felt a pang in his heart. He had been avoiding his sister only because he knew that if he saw her, he would see the cause of his heartbreak. And as he looked past his dear twin he saw Chaerin, worried eyes studying him. He tore his eyes away from her and back to his sister.

 

“What do you want Junghee?” His voice was raspy, the result of having slept most of the past few days away. He couldn’t think of any other way to shut out the pain that didn’t involve alcohol. He felt bad after seeing the hurt in Junghee’s eyes.

 

“Where have you been? You haven’t answered your phone in days! Oemma is worried about you! I am worried about you! Chaerin is worried about you!” Junghee was unsure as to how she had found her voice again, but as anger and sadness rushed through her, she couldn’t hold back her words. “Do you not realize that you put everyone who cares about you in a terrible position! Did you not think of how the people who care about you would be affected by your absence?” As Junghee was speaking she was taking a step forward with her voice rising. Eventually, she had backed Hyunshik halfway into his dorm room. Chaerin’s eyes widened as she watched the scene in front of her. Not once has she seen Junghee blow up this much at Hyunshik. It was usually Chaerin that would scold him for doing something childish.

 

Hyunshik was just as taken aback by his sister’s outburst and even had to gulp nervously as he took in his sisters’ words. This was the first time that he was ever scared of his younger sister by five minutes. She had yelled at him before over taking her food or her iPod, but never had his sister before lectured him. He avoided her judgmental gaze and cleared his throat, now fully aware of his mistakes. He had never meant to worry the ones that he cared for. He just needed some time to recover and he needed to spend that time alone and away from the people who would trigger his sadness once again. He looked passed his sister to see Chaerin, staring sadly at him, her eyes watering. He felt even worse pain seeing her like that, than when he had seen her with Chanyeol.

 

As he watched her look down at her shoes as she felt her eyes burn, tears threatening to spill. Even though Chaerin knew she would never be able to reciprocate the feelings he felt for her, she sill loved him as the brother that she never had. She treasured him as a valued friend. She loved him and she was hurt to see his sunken in face and tired posture. She was always so used to seeing the cheery boy that followed her everywhere she goes.

 

Hyunshik cleared his throat and looked back at his sister with a sad expression. He felt even worse now seeing the only girls besides his mother that he loved so broken over his selfish desires. He shrunk into himself and then leaned down to sit on his knees. He would beg for their forgiveness. The girls’ eyes widened and Junghee took a step back. Hyunshik leaned over and rested his arms on one another as he bent over.

 

“I am sorry for being so careless. Please forgive me.” His voice was shaky as he spoke, tears that hadn’t been there before spilling past his eyelids. He was not expecting them to do what they did next. Both girls ran to him and broke down crying, pulling him up so that he was wrapped in their arms. His eyes widened when Chaerin buried her head into his chest, her arms encircling his waist. He felt her tears leak through his sweatshirt and choked back a sob. He wouldn’t hold it against her for rejecting him. But he knew that these small moments would have to be given up if he ever wanted to move on. He wrapped one arm around her and the other around his sister as a wide smile formed on his face for the first time in over a week. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally found the time to finish this chapter! I am so sorry that it took so long... I have been way too busy. Being a senior really . I have a busy week too so don't expect another up date for a week or two. I have my final concert this Thrusday and then work Friday and Prom on Saturday... I am about to die.

 

AND ON TOP OF ALL THAT THE MV AND ALBUM ARE RELEASED AND I AM DEAD. MY OVARIES ARE DEAD. AND IT IS ALL THE FAULT OF PARK CHANYEOL!

 

Anyway, please leave me feedback you guys! I alwats look forward to it, but none comes. :( It makes me feel like no one is even reading. A huge thank you to those that have recently subscribed! I hop you don't mind waiting a bit for updates! THANKS SO MUCH! 

 

I LOVE ALL OF YOU LOVELIES~

 

Until next time~