I'm Sorry

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-

 

CHAERIN POV

 

He's not back today. After I saw him yesterday, I thought he would come back to school, but I was wrong. He didn't show up to classes today. I actually became worried and I couldn’t stay focused in class. I ended up leaving early, claiming to have had a stomach issue. I made my way off campus, looking for some kind of activity to take my mind off of him. I was alone, since I decided not to bother Junghee or Hyunshik to keep me company. I would never let them suffer for my own problems. I sighed as I reached the gate of the campus and took a few more steps before some unknown person pulled my arm. I gasped and tried to shake free of the persons’ death grip, to no avail.

 

“Let me go!” I shouted but their other hand clasped tightly over my mouth to muffle any sound. I began to panic as the person shoved me into the backseat of a black car. My breathing was unstable and my heart was pounding in my ears. Why was this happening to me? “YAH! Let me out!” I began fumbling with the door handles, but they would not budge a single centimeter. I rammed my side into the door, but nothing happened.

 

“Please stop.” The person spoke, as he sat in the drivers’ seat. I instantly knew who it was. He didn’t even have to turn around, but he did. His wide eyes looked tired and swollen. A part of me wanted to lean forward and his cheeks, yet the fact that he had forcefully dragged me to his car, like a crazy person kept me from doing so. His eyes pleaded with me, and I saw emotions I had never once seen in his eyes stare at me. I gulped and gave him a quick nod, signaling that I would be quiet. A small smile tugged at the corners of his lips and my heart began to melt. What is it about him that makes me feel this way? Why is it this person that knocks my defenses down without having to do that much? And why was he so cruel to me?

 

He turned around and started the car, looking back at me through the rearview mirror and then shifting the car into drive. I felt slightly uncomfortable under his stare, but I hid that by looking directly at his eyes. He seemed amused by this and chuckled as he began to drive away from the school. For some reason, I trusted him. He turned his attention to the road and I decided to stare out of the window. We drove for what felt like hours, the radio left off so a thick silence was stifling the car. When he finally stopped the car, I had begun to doze off, until my phone vibrated in my pocket, waking me from my stupor.

 

He exited the car and I took out my phone to see a message from Kris. I didn’t get to look at it. My door opened, and he stood there, waiting for me to get out of the back seat. I bit my lip as I stared at the ground just below the car. He heaved a sigh and crouched onto his knees in front of me in the doorway of the car.

 

“Look, I know you think I am a jerk. I know this isn’t the best way to get a chance to talk to you, but… I really just wanted some time with you. I am sorry I startled you. Can you just… Please come with me?” He gestured his hand out to me and I reluctantly took it. Why do I trust this person so much? I don’t even know him! He helped me out of the car and closed the door, shoving the car keys into his pocket before hitting the button to lock the doors. He gestured for me to follow him and began walking away from the car. I hadn’t paid much attention as to where we were going and didn’t realize that we had somehow come to the outer reaches of the city. He led me to a small bistro and I followed him inside, a bit reluctant. The place was fairly empty except for one couple in the corner and a small four-member family in the front. He maneuvered his way to the far corner away from everyone and sat down in the booth. I stood awkwardly by the table and didn’t move an inch.

 

“What are you doing? Sit down.” He pointed to the seat in front of him and I just gave him a stiff nod before moving to sit in the booth opposite him. I kept my eyes down on the table, not really comfortable in the situation.

 

A young girl came up to our table and immediately flashed a smile at Chanyeol while completely disregarding my existence. I hid my annoyance by toying with the hem of my shirt. “Hello! I’ve never seen you before!” Her voice was sickeningly sweet. I flinched as the pitch of her voice grew as she spoke, giving unneeded emphasis on some syllables. “What would you like to drink, sir?” He gave her one of his huge grins before he turned to me. I cringed at the sight and turned my attention to the menu

 

“I’d like an iced Americano.” She gave him a coy smile and then her face went slack as she turned to me.

 

“And you?” I scoffed and looked her straight in the eye. She seemed taken aback. Most people usually react this way once they see me. I had never gotten used to it, but this time, I was glad that my eyes were this color.

 

“I would like a vanilla bean Frappuccino with whipped cream. Make sure there is enough cream on it. And I don’t want too much ice.” I spoke quickly and gave her a smile before turning back to the menu and waving her off. I heard Chanyeol chuckle as she walked away. “What?” My eyes met his and I began to feel uncomfortable once again.

 

“You’re cute.” He spoke quickly and then diverted his eyes to the menu, a small smile tugging his lips. I let out a breath and looked at him as though I was reading his mind. I scrutinized his appearance. When he had basically kidnapped me I had not paid much attention to him. I was far too busy freaking out to even breathe properly. His hair was left to cover his forehead; different from the usual pushed back hair that I was used to seeing him in. He was sporting casual clothes, as opposed to the fancy suits he usually wears to school. He had a black hoodie on with minimal graphics on the front. The left sleeve of his jacket was white, a contrast from the completely black jacket. His legs were wrapped in a tight pair of black jeans, his red and white Michael Jordan shoes contrasting against them. I pulled my eyes away from him and stared at the menu for anything just so that he wouldn’t order for me.

 

CHANYEOL POV

 

I peeked up at her as she looked down to her menu. I could feel her eyes watching me, and I could not resist looking at her at this moment. Her lips were set into a pout and she was squinting at the menu in her hands as though she was trying to decide on what was more appetizing to her on paper. I felt another smile tug on my face and I almost forgot why I had brought her here. I cleared my throat and her eyes flew up to meet mine. She almost immediately looked back down to the menu as she gave me a low hum.

 

“I… I wanted to sa-“Her eyes began studying me as I spoke, but I didn’t get to finish my sentence.

 

“Here are your drinks! Are you guys ready to order some food?” The overly bubbly waitress snuck her way in and both Chaerin and I jumped at her voice. I reluctantly turned to her and gave her my best smile.

 

“What would you recommend for us?” I could feel Chaerin’s eyes boring into me, but I kept my eyes on the waitress. I could see her eyes glint and I became very uncomfortable under her stare. This was a completely new feeling for me. I was used to every females attention. I loved it. I always got this kind of attention. But now, in front of Chaerin, I felt disgusting. The waitress playfully put a finger to her chin using some terrible aegyo before snapping her fingers and grinning.

 

“My favorite thing on the menu has to be-“

 

“I’ll have the chicken BLT, not too much mayo, and I’ll want a dessert later.” Chaerin looked up to the waitress with a sarcastic smile that made her so much more adorable in my eyes than any girl I had ever met. She lifted up her menu so the waitress could take it, and then turned her eyes to me. I smiled and kept my eyes on her as I handed the waitress my menu.

 

“I’ll have the same.” I gave her a smile, to which she just looked away and the waitress disappeared from our sights. She began playing with her hands in her lap as I stared at her, sipping my Americano slowly.

 

“Stop staring at me… It makes me uncomfortable.” She looked to her side and her hair covered her features. I smiled once again and let out a chuckle. She turned back to me and her eyes met mine. “What were you going to say earlier?” I swallowed my saliva and let out a sigh.

 

“I am sorry…” Her eyes widened as I spoke, but she didn’t say a word. I took her silence as a sign for me to continue. “I know… I am an idiot. I can be rude at times. It’s how I have learned to deal with things. I am sorry for scaring you earlier.” I avoided her eyes and chose to stare at my hands instead. I felt so helpless around her. My defenses were always down around her. I don’t know what it is. “I am sorry that I am such a jerk.” I let out a deep breath and finally decided to meet her gaze. To my surprise, she was looking straight at me with something other than disdain in the blue depths. What could that emotion be? Is that pity? Foreboding? I cannot tell.

 

“I’m sorry…” Her voice was low, but I could hear it clearly. She’s sorry? “I am sorry. I have to go.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An update! Hello again everyone! And hello to my new readers! I have finally updated! yay~

I am sorry it took so long! Marching season always makes me super busy. Today was my first friday off and I was able to edit this chapter for once before posting it! I made it especially long, since you guys have all been patiently waiting for it! DId you like it? 

 

As always, thanks for reading and subscribing! Please do leave me feedback down in the comment section! And if you like my story please hit the arrow by the title to give me an upvote! I really appreciate it!

 

Until next time, my lovelies~~~