Lodgings

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-

 

AUTHOR POV

 

As they finally arrived at the ski resort, Chanyeol let out a small sigh of relief. Because Baekhyun had decided to sleep the whole way, Chanyeol had to drive continuously for eleven hours. Although they did stop for food a couple of times down the road, Baekhyun did not once wake up. Chaerin had offered to drive, but Chanyeol told her to rest. She was a little annoyed but let it go.

 

Now, as he looked back to where she was sleeping with her head resting in the neck pillow he let her use, he could not fight back the loving grin that stretched across his face. As long as she was rested and well, he would be fine.

 

“Stop staring at her while she sleeps, Creep-yeol.” Baekhyun teased as he punched his best friend, a yawn escaping his mouth. Chanyeol gave him a glare so as to tell him to keep quiet. He glanced back at the sleeping Chaerin and smiled once again. “Wake her up and tell her to put on an extra jacket. I am going to go claim a room for my self!”

 

Chanyeol nodded and shivered as cold air swept into the car with the opening of Baekhyun door. His eyes immediately went to Chaerin whom shivered in her slumber. He glanced at the bag beside her and quietly grabbed it. He pulled out one of his extra coats and laid it as gently as possible on Chaerin. She moved slightly and let out a soft moan.

 

Chanyeol’s voice caught in his throat and he quickly faced forward. He left the car running with the heater on and quickly got out of the car. He had hit the trunk button before leaving the car and quickly jogged in the cold to retrieve as many of the bags in the car as he could before running to put them on the porch of the cabin where they would all be staying for the next week.

 

When he finished bringing all of the bags out, he hesitated as he turned off the car and looked into the back of the car. Should he wake her up, or carry her in? He bit his tongue as he thought about it. In the end, he gathered up all of his courage and was leaning across Chaerin’s sleeping form to unbuckle her seatbelt and slowly slipped his arms behind her shoulder blades and her knees.

 

As he slowly lifted her, he could feel his heart rate increase dramatically. His whole body was set aflame as Chaerin’s arms slowly wrapped themselves around his neck and her head snuggled into his neck. He gulped as he slowly made his way inside the cabin.

 

Hyunshik did not fail to notice Chanyeol carrying Chaerin as he set his bags down in front of the room that he ha claimed for he and his sister since she was busy with Xiumin and Kris with plans on going to get food. Although he was slowly getting over the rejection he could not deny the feelings he had for Chaerin as a friend. He was taken aback at the way she was clinging to him in a way he had never seen before.

 

A small part of him was very happy for Chaerin, and yet he was also a little jealous of the ridiculously tall man. He shook it all off and turned to see where Chaerin would be staying. All of the rooms were claimed by now and everyone seemed too tired to care whether there was space or not.

           

Chanyeol was focused on getting Chaerin into a bed so that she could sleep comfortably. Although she had been sleeping for the past hour, she had been up for the majority of the trip and had even been so kind so as to give him snacks that she had made for the trip. He was more than grateful for all that she did.

 

As he made his way inside, he noticed that there was only one room left, with one bed. He didn’t think anything of it and quickly made his way to the bed to set her down under the covers. As he finished, he closed the door as quietly as possible and let out a soft sigh. He made his way to the porch and brought in all of the bags he could, placing them against the wall beside the door where Chaerin was sleeping.

 

Afterwards, he let himself fall on the couch, exhausted from the drive and doing all of the heavy work as everyone settled in to their rooms. No one noticed anything wrong as everyone went to his or her respective rooms to sleep.

 

***

 

Chaerin let out a small groan as she stretched her sore limbs, pushing the warm fabric surrounding her away from her body.  She stayed still as she let her body relax in the warmth she was in. She felt like she was resting on air. After a while something hit her. Why was she laying down in something so soft she felt like flying? Wasn’t she supposed to be in the back seat of a van while Chanyeol was driving and Baekhyun sleeping in the front seat?

 

She slowly climbed out of bed and took notice of the bags beside the door of the room. Someone had carried her and her things inside while she was asleep. She felt a sense of gratefulness. She had been so exhausted during the long drive over that she could not force herself to stay awake with Chanyeol. He had refused to let her drive and that had made her a little upset, to be completely honest.

 

Without a second thought, she quickly changed into a different set of clothes and glanced at her phone for the time. She was a little shocked that it was just a little after three in the morning but decided that it was best that she get up now to see if there was anything that could be done. She exited the room where she had been sleeping and had to turn on the flashlight from her phone to see in front of her.

 

As she roamed around the hallway she found herself in the living area of the cabin that they were staying in. She did not fail to notice a shivering body laying on one of the couches. She quickly made her way over and gasped when she realized whom it was. She touched his shoulder that was shaking and shivered at how cold he felt. She hastily ran back to the room where she had slept and grabbed the blanket from the bed to throw on top of Chanyeol. She did a little bit of snooping and found some wood and a fire starting kit so that she could start a chimney fire.

 

She began warming her hands by the fire as the cold slowly started creeping into her body. She was now leaning against the couch where Chanyeol was lying and she found herself watching his sleeping face. He looked like a child with his mouth parted and his eyebrows furrowed. She reached over to massage the wrinkles away and smiled softly as she watched him let out a sigh in his sleep.

 

Her mind was full with the memories that the two had of each other as she watched his chest rise and fall with steady breaths. She could still remember how cruel they had once been with one another and she was amazed at how much had changed since then. He was one of the people that she was the most grateful for in her life. She eventually fell back into sleep with her hand on top of his, her head resting on the couch.

 

A few minutes later, Chanyeol found himself enveloped in warmth and he had no intention of getting up, despite the small amount of discomfort he felt from sleeping on the couch. He refused to open his eyes and slowly curled his body inwards. In the process of doing so, he felt a cold hand touch his neck. He shivered and his eyes shot open. His eyes took some time to adjust to the light and his ears picked up the sound of a crackling fire.

 

His eyes found the small hand that was actually grasping onto his own and he followed the owner of the hands’ arm and was surprised to see a sleeping Chaerin propped against the couch beside him. His eyes widened and he sat up instantly. What was she doing here and not in bed? He was shocked to see that she was only in pajama pants and a light sweater, huddled into a ball with her hand in his.

 

He slowly stood form the couch, careful not to wake her up and wrapped her in the blanket that was draped on top of him. He was sure that it was she that brought the fabric to him and felt warm when he thought about how sweet she was. He carefully picked her up as he had done the previous night and carried her to the room once again. He smiled as her arms wrapped around his neck once again and her grasp tightened.

 

As he opened the door and walked back to the bed, lowering her down gently he froze. She was not letting go of him and there was a crease in her forehead. Her voice was just above a whisper as she tugged Chanyeol down onto the bed, half of his body on top of her. “Don’t go…” His whole body lit up in flames and he almost pulled away from her had it not been for her grip on his neck. He felt himself become drowsy again and decided to give in.

 

“Okay…” As he spoke the word, Chaerin smiled and released him slightly so that he could lie down comfortably beside her. He turned to face her as his eyes began to droop. “Goodnight, Chaerin.” He caressed her cheek as he slowly drifted back to sleep.

 

“Goodnight, Chanyeol.” Chaerin murmured as she snuggled closer to him underneath the blanket that she had thrown over the both of them as he settled into the bed. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so I know it has been a while. I won't bore you with my stupidly busy life. Basically finals are coming up for me in two weeks and I may not have time to update until mid December. My profs threw assignments at me left and right so I am way behind on updates.

 

I may add the in within the next five chapters, so please look forward to that! Please tell me what you thought about this chapter and if you would like to see/read anything else! I will try my best to add it in or not! XD
 

Until next time my lovelies~