Rejection

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-

 

 

CHANYEOL POV

 

I walked as quickly as possible towards the university, eager to see her once again. I just couldn’t stay away from her. I shivered as a wave of cold air blew past me. It was cold enough for snow! I reached up and pulled the hood of my jacket around my head to block out as much air as I could. Just as I came to the corner of the street where the university sat, I noticed a small figure jogging it’s way in my direction on the opposite side of the road. The figure was oddly familiar, and as it drew closer I recognized the jacket. It was the jacket that I had gotten for Chaerin! 

 

I took a step closer and watched as the figure came under the streetlight by the convenience store. The person pushed the hood off of their head and let out a puff of breath. My eyes widened as she turned to enter the building. Chaerin! I felt my chest lighten as I watched her walk inside and give the cashier a quick bow before grabbing a basket and walk through the store. I found myself smiling as I took steps closer and made my decision to go inside. 

 

As I entered the store I bowed quickly and looked around the store for her. My eyes caught the sight of a familiar person and I frowned. What was Kris doing in this area? Shouldn’t he be at home? I was just about to go ask him these questions when I spotted her. She was just finishing grabbing some drinks as Kris walked behind her. As she turned, she bumped into him. My body began to react on its own as I took three strides in less than two seconds to reach them. By then, she was shaking in Kris’s arms. I felt my chest tighten as I looked at how close they were.

 

A thousand different emotions rushed through me, causing me to feel disoriented as I took just two steps forward. I clenched my fist as I watched them smile at one another as though they were best friends. “Kris.” My voice worked of its own accord and I found myself glaring into my friends’ eyes. The both of them had turned their attention onto me and I had to hold back from attacking Kris when her eyes met mine for a fraction of a second. Recognition registered in her blue orbs, then surprise, followed by something I couldn’t see when she turned her gaze away.

 

For some reason my heart clenched again and I again felt the desire to attack Kris. My eyes shot to him and I felt myself begin to tense up as a hint of jealousy pulsed through my body. Every single centimeter of being wanted so much to grab her hand and run out of there. I wanted to punch Kris and take her as far away from him as I possibly could. 

 

CHAERIN POV

 

I bit my lip as I stared between the two guys in front of me. They were giving each other death glares in a way that made me cringe. I gave them a minute to speak, but when neither one of them attempted to do so, I cleared my throat and turned to get Kris’ attention. He looked at me instantly and his face softened.

 

“I have to get back to my dorm. Thanks for the help. I am sorry that I got in your way.” I gave him a smile and a bow before he could say a word. I averted Chanyeol’s gaze as I walked past him to the front of the store to pay. I was still feeling very awkward from the day before and I was not ready to face him. 

 

I quickly paid for the things I came for and rushed back out into the cold air. As I walked back to the dorms flashes of the previous night invaded my head. I couldn’t shake the feelings that were overriding all of my senses. ”Why me?” The words left my mouth when they should have been nothing but a thought. I sighed as I rounded the corner to the university, anxious to get back to my comfortable bed. 

 

All of a sudden, I felt a hand wrap around my arm and I was pulled around, crashing into something hard and warm. Panting sounds and warm air met my ear as my eyes widened. A pair of arms wrapped themselves around me, almost circling me twice. My first instinct was to fight to be released. I struggled to push away from this unknown person and was only met with exhaustion and pain as the person tightened their grip around my body.

 

“Chaerin… I like you… I have never felt these things before in my life. And yet, it is so obvious to me that I want you… to like me, to. I don’t expect you to accept my feelings… but please, acknowledge them.” I inhaled sharply as the voice registered in my mind. I was speechless, as I slowly took in each word, one by one, not sure how to respond to this. I had never been confessed to before, and I had never confessed to anyone either. 

 

After a while, I pushed slightly against his chest and he let me go. I stared at my feet, biting my lip. What should I say? I took a deep breath and looked up. “I’m sorry, Hyunshik… I like someone else.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, again! I'm back with a quick update! I have gotten too busy recently, but I quickly typed this up for you guys! I hope you guys like it! I actually veered off of what this chapter was supposed to be but oh whale! XD

 

I am finally on break! That means I'll be updating more often! But not every day. XD I still have to keep studying for exams and practicing for my band final. But I'll be writing inbetween these times! 

 

Have be you guys been watching EXO's recent performances? What about EXO's Showtime?! I can't believe our boys are doing so well! I'm just so proud of them! I am getting the albums for Christmas! I was so depressed because I wasn't going to be able to get them. Have you bought the new albums? 

 

Anyway, I hope you like the chapter! I'll update again soon! ^^

 

leave me so comments, please!~ 

 

until next time, my lovelies~