Home

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-

There was much sorrow in the sea kingdom after the untimely death of the little mermaid. No one ever expected such a tragedy to befall the wonderful sea kingdom and its people. Even the sea king  himself was in disbelief. Had it not been for his five other children coming home without their long beautiful hair and the sad tale of their younger siblings passing, he would not have believed it to be true. The kingdom and its people suffered greatly. They were unable to cry and so they were in a large amount of pain. The sound of her musical voice was now permanently absent from the kingdom. The shining smile of hers was also gone. The kingdom would never be the same again

 
***
 
CHANYEOL POV
 
The whole week went by and I wasn't able to talk with her at all. In class she avoided me and only spoke to her friend. We also ended up having an afternoon class together, but she again avoided me. It was starting to get to me, and I lost sleep because of it. I frowned as I sat in the backseat of the car my driver came in today. I didn't pay attention to it at all, lost in my thoughts of her. How is it that she has gotten my attention just by being in my line of sight. I bit the inside of my cheek and thought back as far as I could. I could not remember ever having any sort of interaction with girls growing up. I'd only ever been in the company of the eleven misfits I'd come to see as brothers. 
 
"Who is she?" I rubbed at my chin and groaned when I could not place any kind of memories with her. I'd recognize those eyes anywhere of I had seen them before! I know I would have! I groaned and laid down on the seat of the car, unable to be exactly comfortable because of my height, but I did the best I could. "I need to talk to her."
 
CHAERIN POV
 
I sighed happily as I took in the view of my home. I had been busy all week long and I had begun to terribly miss home. Because Junghee and Hyushik had not visited their family in a week themselves, they decided to go home before coming over with their parents to my house. We separated at the bus stop since they lived on the next street over. I picked up my small bag of clothing and walked to the gate with a grin spread on my face. It really felt like an eternity since I had last been home. I punched in the gate code and ran inside to the front door of the house. I could hear the sounds of my sisters getting ready for work or school. My sisters had hectic schedules. Because our father was getting older by the year we all got jobs to help support him and each other. I was the only exception since I got a couple of scholarships into the renowned Seoul University. I took a deep breath and entered the house, shuffling out of my shoes and walking into the main room. 
 
"I'm home!~" I grinned and set my bag down before running into the kitchen. As usual, my older sister was cooking breakfast and my youngest older sister was helping her. I walked up to them and tackled them in a bear hug. "Minjoo oennie! Sooyoung oennie~" They were a bit startled but laughed an hugged me back. 
 
"Omo! I didn't know you were coming home! Don't you have classes?" Minjoo questioned me as she began plating seaweed soup, rice, kimchi, steamed fish, and some pickled radish as well as a few other side dishes. I my lips and grabbed a piece of kimchi before stuffing it into my mouth. She scowled at me and I giggled. Sooyoung laughed and did the same as I did earning a scowl from Minjoo as well. 
 
"I don't have classes on the weekends. This is delicious oennie!" I grinned and grabbed another piece of kimchi before running to the traditional table in our living area. I began setting pairs of chopsticks down for all seven of us and I frowned. "Oennie! Where's appa?" I called to the kitchen and waited for a response. 
 
"He went out to get something. He'll be back soon!" Sooyoung came to the table with some of the plates and began setting them down. I helped her and then walked into the kitchen once more. I carried some plates over and soon the table was completely set and ready for everyone to eat. 
 
"Come down for breakfast!" Minjoo yelled up the staircase and my other sisters made their way down the stairs. Kwangmi was still in her pajamas and her hair was a mess. Hyeshin was, as always, dressed to impress and looking as though she was in a hurry. Jimin was fully dressed and a smile was on her face. 
 
"Chaerin-ah!" She jumped to hug me and I laughed as I hugged her tightly. The others came in and joined the hug, despite their tired faces. Just then the door opened and in came our father. I jumped at him and hugged him tightly. 
 
"Appa! I missed you!" He chuckled and held me for a while before separating and moving to sit down and eat. We ate and spoke about the things that had happened while I'd been away, how Minjoo got a raise, Hyeshin was promoted, Kwangmi was starting an internship under a famous photographer, and how Jimin was about to finish her last year in college. Unlike me, Jimin had gotten into a smaller college and was going to become a civil servant. Sooyoung was quiet as everyone spoke. We all knew that she was taking acting classes and working at a restaurant outside of the entertainment agency of her dreams. All of us were fine with her doing as she pleased. But our grandmother was the one who resented the fact that she wanted to do something so "wasteful" and "unreliable". I gave her a smile and she smiled at me. Even if she was a year older than me, it was like I was the older one between the two of us. After we finished eating everyone that had work or school left, leaving only Sooyoung and I to clean up. Appa went to go rest in his room. 
 
"So, have you met any cute guys?" I almost dropped the plate I was drying. I looked at Sooyoung who was waggling her eyebrows. I scoffed. 
 
"No!" Yes. But one is a jerk. "You know I don't go looking for guys!" I shook my head as I put the plate away. 
 
"Chaerin~ I bet you have~" She teased me and I just rolled my eyes. 
 
"Shouldn't you be somewhere?" I cocked an eyebrow and she shook her head. "Well, I do. See you later oennie!" I quickly made my way out the door with my bag and ran down the street to the nearest convenience store. I bought some ice cream and began a walk around the neighborhood. Even though we weren't well off, we lived in a bit of an upscale community. If you were to go up the hill from the convenience store you would be in the richest neighborhood in the area. I let out a sigh and stared up the hill. I bet that jerk lives somewhere just like that place. He probably gets everything he wants and needs without having to worry about the cost. I scoffed and made my way back home. 
 
CHANYEOL POV
 
I groaned as, for the fifth time today, Sehun beat me in the game we were playing. Frustrated I tossed the controller away and stood up. The brat laughed at my actions so I threw my empty soda can at him. I huffed and made my way to the pool table where Kris was playing against Tao. I watched as they played, becoming absorbed in my thoughts. Why was I so attached to this one girl? Why can't I leave it alone? I could not deny the fact that she was unbelievably beautiful. From head to toe, she was stunning. How does she have blue eyes?! Is one of her parents foreign? And why do those blue eyes seem so familiar? Why do they seem to bore into my soul? I frowned to myself and groaned. Maybe I should take a walk to relax myself. 
 
"I'll be back guys." I quickly stepped out of the room where the eleven idiots were relaxing. They all looked up but I left before they could question me. I avoided going through the front gate of the house and snuck out through the side entrance. I sighed and walked in no particular direction, without giving much thought as to when I'd come back. Right now I need some time to clear my head. For the whole week that girl has been able to invade my mind. Not once has this ever happened to me before. I ruffled my hair in frustration and pulled my phone from my pocket. As I walked I was playing a random game on my phone, trying any way to dispel all thoughts of that girl. I became so fully engrossed in the game I hadn't noticed the red walking sign and the car speeding down in my direction. I heard the sound of a car honking and looked up. Everything seemed to get in slow motion as the man driving met my eyes and the realization that I am going to die hit me. But instead of the car hitting me, a soft body hit me instead, knocking me onto the pavement and knocking me unconscious as well.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello and welcome!~ I updated a bit late! Mianhe~ But I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know things are going slow but I hope you'll stick around! Thank you to all of you who subscribed! Please do comment an give me feedback! I promise that I will read every one of your comments! ^^ 
 
What do you guys think will happen? Who pushed Channie out of the street? Comment your opinions! ^^
 
 
Until next time my lovelies~~~~