Surprise Visit

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-

 

CHANYEOL POV

 

I watched closely as the girl slept. No matter how much I thought about it, this girl could not be the one that saved me. I stared at the bloodstain on the very edge of the hem on the hoodie. I must have bled a lot more. Why was there not a single drop of my blood on this girl? I bit the inside of my cheek and leaned my head back on the pillow of my hospital bed. I wasn't seriously injured at all. I had a few scrapes on my neck, back, and shoulders, which told me how I bled through my shirt. I had a bruise on my shoulder blades but thanks to whoever had pushed me, I was not fatally injured. However, on my fathers’ orders, I was forced to stay here for a night and one day. I'd be released tomorrow afternoon and be picked up by my driver.

 

I looked at the sleeping girl across the room one more time. She was undeniably pretty, with soft pale skin and a V-shaped face. She had long black hair that was as straight as a table edge. But somehow I did not find her anywhere near as beautiful as Chaerin. Lee Chaerin... I felt my lips tug into a smile as I thought of her. Her smile, her eyes, her walk. She drew me in, whether I liked it or not. And the overwhelming feeling of familiarity with her was something I couldn't shake. It was like... we were destined for each other. I always believed that destiny and fate was all a load of crap. But this girl had to be my destiny. She just has to be!

 

I looked at the hoodie again. There has to be something that will tell me who the girl was. I unfolded it and began to inspect it once again. I found the pocket on the front of the hoodie and felt inside. My fingers touched a sliver of paper and a smile formed on my face. Bingo! I pulled out the paper and examined it. There was a set of numbers on it that I could only guess was a phone number. Who's number could it be? Hers? A relative’s number? Her home number? I bit the inside of my cheek and closed my eyes as my hands curled into fists. I shoved the paper back in the pocket of the hoodie and my side. I can’t just call the number and say, “Hi, you saved me the other day. I wanted to see who you were. Can we meet up?” I didn’t even know to whom the number belonged to. I sighed and stared at the wall. I only have one clue as to where I would find this girl. My University.

 

I heard the girl yawn as she woke and I became rigid. I did not like the fact that she had lied, saying that she was my sister just so she could stay and watch over me. Somehow, I knew this girl from somewhere. But it was not the feeling I would get with Chaerin. It was very different. I closed my eyes and tried to even my breathing. I heard her stand and walk towards me slowly, her shoes making noise on the floor. She stopped and I could feel her stare.

 

“You have always been so absent minded… Always making me worry…” Her words confused me. Did this girl know me? For how long? “Park Chanyeol… I wish my mother had not quit her job… Ever since then, I haven’t seen you this close up in almost thirteen years…” She sighed and I felt her hand touch my forehead. I flinched, and turned my body away, still faking unconsciousness. “Always turning away from me… even in your sleep. I’ll be leaving.” With that, I heard her leave the room. I let out a breath and sat up.

Who was this girl? “Thirteen years…” I tried my best to think back thirteen years, but nothing came to mind as to how I would now this girl. What was that about? Her mother quit her job? Has this girl been stalking me? I shook my head and pondered some more. Who could she be? How did she know me?

 

A knock on the door pulled me from my thoughts and I was ready to fake sleep once again. The door opened and I was met with the sight of the person I least expected to see. “Noona…” She walked in, a frown set on her face. She was, as always, dressed to impress, with not a single hair out of place on her head. “When did you get back from China?” She gave me a smile and walked to the bedside.

 

“An hour ago. Then I found out you were in an accident from Kris. So I came here.” She looked at me from head to toe, and I couldn’t help but squirm slightly under her gaze. She and I had been very close until the day when our mother left. That was fourteen years ago. Since then she distanced herself from not only me, but also our father. She even denied fathers order of an arranged marriage and left the country two years ago. “I heard that a girl saved you. Is she your girlfriend?” She raised her brows and I scoffed.

 

“You obviously don’t know me anymore, noona.” I gave her a smirk and she responded with an amused half-smile. “How have you been?” She didn’t respond, but walked to the window and peered out of the curtains. She was silent for a good five minutes. I didn’t bother to say a word. I just watched her and waited for her to speak. When she finally did, it was something that I had never thought would happen.

 

“I found mother.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this is pretty much the shortest chapter ever, but I hope you liked it. It gives you more information on Chanyeol, so it was neccessary. Also, I will not be able to update for a about two weeks, because I am becoming very busy with summer band starting tommorow, and I am also moving, so it is a lot of time being taken from me. I hope you will all be patient and wait for me! 

 

Thank you for all of your support and your comments! I treasure each and every one! Thank you!

 

Until next time my lovelies~~~