Friends

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-
CHANYEOL POV
I stared at Kris as he watched her leave, looking ridiculously innocent. What a fake! I scoffed and eyed him closely. He turned to me after she left the building and his eyes became dark. I narrowed my eyes at him to which he sent me a smirk.
“Are you jealous?” His voice was menacing. I grit my teeth and sent him a smirk, myself.
“Why should I be when she slept in my car?” I saw his eyes widen for a millisecond before they returned to their usual size. With that, I grabbed a bag of chips and made my way to the counter, paid, and exited the building, looking around for the person I wanted to see in the first place. She was nowhere in sight. I sighed and walked back to my apartment.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I kicked the ground and let out a breath through my white scarf. I had been waiting outside of the main building, looking for her once again. I didn’t really know why I am always looking for her. I don’t have to. We don’t even have the first class of the day together. Yet here I am. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I pulled it out. I was shocked to see the message on my screen. A grin spread across my face as I unlocked my phone.
From: Chaerin-ah
What are you doing in front of the main building?
I grinned and typed up a response as quickly as possible before looking around anxiously. Where could she be?
To: Chaerin-ah
I am waiting for you? Where are you? I’ll come right now.
I stared at my phone until she replied. A minute later a new message popped up. I grinned once more.
From Chaerin-ah:
… I am on the balcony through the library…
Without a second to spare, I ran straight to the library and out to the first balcony. I was breathing hard as I looked around for her. She was standing about five meters away from me on the far left side of the balcony, overlooking the main building entrance. That’s how she saw me. I ruffled my hair and adjusted my scarf as I walked over to her, my hands in my jacket pockets. As I neared, I admired her. Her long brown hair was gently swaying in the cool breeze and her purple scarf followed it. She was wearing long fur boots and a blue plaid peacoat. I smiled as I came behind her.
 
"Chaerin-ah~" I cheered beside her ear and she jumped. She turned around and gave me a death glare. 
 
"Yah! Don't sneak up on me like that!" She frowned at me and I grinned down at her. She was so adorable. 
 
"Sorry!" I smiled at her as she pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. I grinned once again and let out a chuckle. "So... Where is your first class? I'll walk you there." 
 
Her eyes widened slightly and she looked down. "You don't have to. Actually I want to go alone. I just wanna ask you something." She looked back up but she avoided my eyes. 
 
"Ask away. I'll answer anything." I smiled honestly. She smiled slightly and turned to the side just a bit. She inhaled and exhaled before turning back to face me. 
 
"Why do you keep following me around?" I was silent at her question. There were a lot of things I could say. Because I get everything I want and what I want happens to be you? Because for some reason I am attracted to you? Because I lo-
 
"Because I want to be your friend." I lied. Well partially. I do want to be her friend. She draws me in very well. I waited for her to reply but she was silent. I waved my hand in front of her eyes and called her name multiple times. After about the tenth time she shook her head and looked up at me. 
 
"Why?" Her voice was just above a whisper. I shrugged and sent her a smile. I faked a shiver and blew out hot air to form a white cloud. 
 
"It's cold. Let's go inside." She nodded once and followed me inside. I stared at her. Truth be told... I am sure I have feelings for you. They may be love. But I can't tell you that yet. I don't want to push you away. 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy New Year! I updated for you guys! Did you like it? Sorry it's so short. I'm in a writers block right now and this was super hard to write. :( 
 
Anyway! I hope you guys have a safe night and stay healthy! I'll try to update before next week! Please leave me some comments!
 
until next time!~