Fool

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-

AUTHOR POV

 

Hyunshiik skipped class the next day. Instead of walking to the girl’s dorm like he did every morning, he decided to go to the movie theatre. He had been working at a chicken shop for the past month without anyone knowing and had saved up a good amount of money. Sadly, the main reason that he had started working had just gone down the drain the previous night. He let out a sigh as he came to the crosswalk just across from the theatre. He didn’t even know why he was coming to the theatres. The only movies out were all romance movies. And God knows he was in no mood for a romance movie.

He stared at his feet, millions of thoughts going through his mind. He had always known that she would never love him. Yet, there was that little bit of hope when his sister would cheer him on. When Chaerin had accepted his offer to the dance at their high school, he had been elated and even gone all out. He even thought that the acceptance that she had showed to him at the time was her way of showing him that she had even the slightest amount of feelings for him. He let out a scoff as he thought back to the moment when she had beamed at him with those bright blue eyes.

As the light changed, he crossed the street, the people surrounding him bustling past, as he took slow, dragging steps. He had known all of this. So why was his heart this heavy? Why was it that her straight up rejection affected him this much? To the point where he could not show his face to her? He knew the answer. He just didn’t want to admit it. He knew who the person was that she liked. He could see it in her eyes, every time he entered the room or passed by. He had realized it even before she had. He had seen it in his eyes when they fought for her that day. They were soul mates. He let out another scoff as he looked up at the clouded sky. He had never really believed in that to begin with. But the moment he had seen her waiting in the courtyard for him, he knew. She was being so obvious. And he had watched her for years. He knew everything about her. From her most embarrassing moments, to her best he knew it all. But it didn’t matter. None of it mattered anymore. She had rejected him. She will never accept his heart.

“I am a fool.” He muttered under his breath and then walked to the theatre, his heart breaking with every step he took. He bought the tickets to a random movie and sat in the far back, in the darkest area of the theatre. He didn’t pay attention to the movie. He just sat there and let cold tears fall down his cheeks.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just typed up a quick update! Sorry for the sad chapter. I just realized this morning that I had rejected Hyunshik a lot. Poor baby. So here is a little bit of Hyunshik's mind after the rejection. I hope you enjoyed it. I have two hours in my first period because of finals, and we are in the computer lab, so why not type an update?

 

Anyway, I hope enjoyed this. I will try to update again soon~

 

Much love and I will see you again next time, lovelies~