Window

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-

 

HYUNSHIK P.O.V.

 

It felt right as I kept a firm grip on her long delicate legs. Instead of going straight back to the dorms, we had gone to a nearby club-like place. She drank a bit too much and it took a bit of effort just to stop her before she went seriously overboard. I was actually surprised my sister hadn't had a single bit of alcohol. She was usually the reckless one and loved to drink when she could. I sighed as we got to the sidewalk leading to the girls’ dorm, a bit tired from the trek back to campus.

 

"Maybe I should take her from here. Considering it’s almost two in the morning and no males are allowed in there after nine.

" Junghee yawned as she spoke nodding to the female dorms. As much as I didn't want this moment to end, I agreed and set Chaerin down on her feet. She struggled to keep her body up so I supported her on my shoulders.

 

"I d-don't like that guy! The one at-" She hiccupped. "At the chicken place! He was-" another hiccup. "So rude~ I'm so glad oppa is not like him!" She giggled and pinched my cheek. I shook my head and handed her off to Junghee. "Omo... Where are we goin' oennie?" I burst out laughing. Junghee acted like the dongsaeng all the time. Chaerin was like a noona to me and an oennie to Junghee. Even so, I had such intense feelings for her it was like I couldn't function without seeing her smile every day. She had even saved my life as a child.

 

***Flashback***

 

Six-year-old Hyunshik was running along the shoreline with his kite, laughing as he watched it soar high above his head. Junghee and Chaerin stayed on the sandy beach making sandcastles as their fathers cooked and Chaerin’s older sisters played amongst themselves in the water. They stayed near to the shore, even though they already knew how to swim. Somehow all of the six sisters were able to swim from birth. Everyone was so busy, that they had not noticed the small boy get pulled in by the waves. He could not swim and began flailing. The young Chaerin looked up from what she was doing and saw Hyunshik struggling. She ran to the water and immediately dove in to save him. In a second she was within reach of him and pulled him ashore with little effort. By then, Junghee had called their fathers over. The ordeal passed and since that day, when young Hyunshik almost lost his life to the sea and the young Chaerin rescued him, he has loved her.

 

***Present***

 

I watched as she waved to me with Junghee pulling her into the dorm building. I was curious as to how they were going to get to their floor with Chaerin that intoxicated. I shook my head and stuffed my hands into my pockets as they disappeared inside the building. I turned around and walked in the general direction of my own dorm building on the complete other side of the campus. I could hear the sound of other people walking nearby. More late night people? I guess the students here break the rules all the time.

 

"Hey! That girl that Chanyeol was talking to was F-I-N-E, fine! I should try her out, right hyungs?" I heard laughter from multiple people and my ears pricked. Chanyeol? That name sounds very familiar. I kept walking, but stayed close to the shadows.

 

"Get off it, Kai. That girl is too good for you." Another voice sounded and I listened closely. Could it be...? The group from the chicken restaurant?

 

"Yah! I am the almighty Kai! I can get any girl I want! And that girl is no exception. She will easily fall for me!" I heard more laughter.

 

"She was beautiful." A familiar deep voice spoke.

 

"Ooh~ Kris fell for her, didn't he?" The group began cooing and then I heard a whining voice.

 

"Gege! You can't leave me for that girl! She's not a panda!" More laughter.

 

"Yah! Panda Tao! You're so clingy!" The Kai person spoke. I furrowed my brows. Kris? That was also very familiar. I continued to walk to the dorms, quickening my pace so that they would not notice me.

***

 

CHANYEOL P.O.V.

 

I growled as the maid opened the curtains to my room. I did not want to get up at all. Today was the first official day that we had to attend University and I was in no mood to go. I was about to pretend to be sick until my father barged in to my room.

 

“Chanyeol! Get up! You need to be there on time and pay attention! This education will serve you well in your years to come once you take over the business. Get up now!” He tugged the blanket off of me and the bed and I groaned again.

 

“I’m up! Aish!” I sat up and growled. “Now can you get out of my room!” He scoffed at me but left.

 

“Alex is driving you. Don’t even attempt on skipping out. Kris is here.” With that he slammed the door shut.

 

“Young master?” The maid was still in the room.

 

“WHAT!?” I hadn’t meant to take my anger out on her, but she was there at the wrong place at the wrong time.

 

“Y-you’re clothes have been prepared. And breakfast will be waiting for you downstairs.” She scurried out and I sighed. Today was going to be a long day for me.

 

***

 

I slumped into my seat at the back of the room, nit even caring if there was any kind of seating arrangement, nor if there would be anyone needing a seat. Kris followed and sat beside me, amusement clearly written on his face.

 

“Daddy issues?” I hit his arm and returned my attention outside the window. He chuckled to himself and I scowled. This guy.

 

CHAERIN P.O.V.

 

I followed Hyunshik as he led me to the one class we had together. Unfortunately, we all had to go through our basic subjects before we could begin working on our major. After going through orientation, we were given our schedules and told where to go. Luckily for us, we had gone through the campus a few days ago. Hyunshik was the major navigator and got Junghee to her class and was now getting me to our shared class.

 

“Yah, Lee Chaerin. You’re being too slow.” He grabbed a hold of my hand and pulled me forward. I was used to him doing this, so I didn’t protest as his fingers wrapped around my hand. Other students eyed us as we made our way through the corridors and eventually to the door of our classroom. We slipped inside just before the professor came in. We rushed to the back of the room where the last two seats were and plopped down, a little out of breath. I let my head fall onto my arms now rested on the desk as I heard Hyunshik chuckle.

 

“Yah, Goo Hyunshik. You’re too fast.” I poked his arm and pouted. He just grinned and then turned his attention to the professor. In my opinion he was a seriously boring guy. He went on and on about how he loved mathematics and how amazing it was. I honestly hate math. I sighed, bored out of my mind, and let my eyes wander out the window beside me. There was another building across from us where another class was being held. Curious, I looked closer and found that it was Junghee’s class. She was sitting in the front, adamantly taking notes. I smiled, knowing that she was always serious when it came to school. My eyes continued to wonder and soon they met a set of dark eyes. My breath caught. Those eyes are so familiar. My attention spread and I took in the persons’ face. It was the guy from the chicken restaurant! I gasped and everyone turned to look at me. Even Hyunshik gave me a questioning look. I stood andpologized. Just then the class was dismissed and I pulled Hyunshik out of the room quickly. He helped me to my next class, one I had with Junghee and then waved as he went to his class.

 

“Junghee-ah! Why did you not tell me?” I whined as we sat through our professor going over the curriculum. She hummed and looked at me.

 

"What did I not tell you?" She looked oblivious and I groaned.

 

"That the rude chicken guy was in your first period?!" She giggled and I pouted. I didn't think it was funny!

 

"We're you spying on me? I didn't even know he's in my class! I just sat down and began taking the notes on the board!" I felt heat rise to my cheeks.

 

"I just happened to look out the window and see you... And then his eyes met mine and I flipped! There's something strange about it... But I feel like I have met him before..." I bit my lip as I thought, trying to figure out where I knew him. I could feel Junghee's eyes on me and I turned to look at her.

 

"Do you... Like him?" She spoke slowly but I still couldn't process what she was saying. It took me a minute to realize what she just said.

 

"What? No! Why would I?" I refrained from yelling at her and just let my head fall onto my desk. This day could not get any worse. And then it did.

 

"Sorry I'm late, teach. Got held up in my last class." My head shot up with the sound of that voice. Instantly our eyes met once again and he gave me a smile so bright I could have been blinded.

 

"Your name?" The professor spoke and looked to him.

 

Without breaking away from my eyes he replied. "Park Chanyeol."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

This has been typed up for a while, but since I got inspiration for more fanfictions I have not been able to edit it. Anyway! Thanks for reading! Can you guess what will happen next? ;D

 

Thanks for reading, subscribing! And please do leave a comment! I love feedback! ^^ Don't be a silent subbie~

 

Untill next time, my lovelies~!