Are You Ready?

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-

 

 

AUTHOR POV

 

Chaerin let out a yawn as she stretched her arms up and outward. Her eyes stayed shut as she tossed in her bed, grabbing the closest thing to her straight against her chest. As she did so, the soft fabric woke her up. Her eyes snapped open and she felt her cheeks warm instantly. It was the rillakkuma that Chanyeol had given her.

 

She smiled as she brought it to her face, poking the cheek where a dimple could reside. A dimple just like his… She shook her head and slowly sat up in her bed. She looked around the room to see a sleeping Junghee with limbs spread out like a starfish. Chaerin chuckled softly before leaving her bed to get ready for the day.

 

In his own apartment, Chanyeol was bustling about getting ready for the day as well. But he desperately wanted to be there before Chaerin. He wanted to surprise her. He grinned as he adjusted his tie in the mirror of his small bathroom. Within just a couple of minutes, he was out the door with his grey knitted scarf wrapped around his neck.

 

Chaerin let out a small sigh of satisfaction as she bit into the warm sausage and cheese kolache that she had gotten off campus for her breakfast. She and Junghee had decided to go there since neither of them had classes until nine. As they walked back to campus, filling their bellies along the way they heard a bit of commotion coming from one of the main buildings.

 

Curious, the two girls followed the mass of what seemed to be girls crowding the steps to the building. Without having to tip toe they saw a clear view of what was going on. Chanyeol, Xiumin, Baekhyun, and Tao were all leaning against the wall as if waiting for someone.

 

Chanyeol was nonchalantly scanning the crowd looking for a certain someone. When his eyes met hers he grinned behind his scarf. There she was, in his jacket and looking straight at him. He saw her cheeks flush as he waved her over, a smile on his face. Simultaneously, Xiumin was gesturing for Junghee to come up as well.

 

They slowly, made their way through the crowd, hands clasped together so as not to lose one another. Chaerin and Junghee did no fail to notice the multiple glares of jealousy coming from all directions.

 

“Chaerin!” Once she had made it up to them, Chaerin was engulfed in the warmest hug she’d ever received. She was even a little short of breath due to Chanyeol’s aggressive embrace. She gave him a small smile and slowly regained her balance as he let her go.

 

“Good morning, guys.” She smiled as she saw Xiumin let go of Junghee yet with one arm still wrapped around her body. Slowly, the mass of people began to dissipate and it was only the four of them standing in front of the main building. “What are you guys doing here so early?” Junghee questioned, trying her best to keep her flushed cheeks hidden behind her pink scarf.

 

“We decided to come early to surprise you guys! Did you already eat breakfast?” Xiumin questioned as the other three nodded? Both Chaerin and Junghee confirmed that they had eaten and the boys pouted.

 

“We were going to take you girls out for breakfast. No fair!” Tao pouted adorably and the girls chuckled. “It’s not funny!” Baekhyun laughed at his friend and looped his arm around Tao’s neck.

 

“We can go next time! We have a week before the vacation!” Baekhyun cheered and ruffled Tao’s hair. Tao grumbled and shoved Baekhyun’s hand away.

 

“Oh! Speaking of which! The location changed. We are now going to Sehun’s family ski resort. Since it’s the winter we should go there.” Xiumin smiled at us and we all nodded.

 

“We’re doing the ski resort again? Don’t we do that every year? Isn’t that why we chose the beach?” Chanyeol pouted and Chaerin smiled warmly at him, which did not go unrecognized by Baekhyun.

 

“Chanyeol, it would be too cold for us to go. Don’t you remember last year when we went in the early spring? It was freezing! Can you imagine what it’d be like now?” Baekhyun commented with his eyes now back on Chanyeol.

 

“You’re only complaining since you’re so scrawny.” Chanyeol teased and gave him a smirk. Baekhyun felt embarrassment rise in his cheeks and he moved to hit Chanyeol. Chanyeol immediately moved behind Chaerin for protection and she gasped when she felt his hands just above her hips.

 

The two boys continued to fight verbally as Chaerin summoned all of her strength to stay absolutely calm. How could she be calm with those large warm hands clasping onto her hips, moving her quickly but gently from side to side. She found her heart rate increasing as his hands slowly moved up to circle around her waist.

 

It took her two minutes, that felt like an hour, to finally snap back to reality and begin to protest Chanyeol’s actions. A few seconds later he was pouting and Baekhyun laughing. Chaerin scolded him and was now walking with her arms crossed over her chest and chin raised. She was not happy at all. Or was the blush on her cheeks betraying her?

 

~~~

 

Junghee grinned as she finished packing her bags for the ski trip. She had been only a little upset with the change of venue for the vacation. She had planned to wear the bikini that Chaerin had gotten her for her birthday since she had not used it yet. Chaerin was also disappointed. She really wanted to go to the beach. She had not been there in almost two years and was really looking forward to the beach vacation.

 

In some way, Chaerin was also grateful for the change. Ever since she and the other guys in EXO had met, she started become very conscious of her appearance. They were all so stunningly handsome and dressed well thanks to their money. By contrast, Chaerin thought she was average with average clothing. She felt as though she was nothing but an unwanted side dish that came with the amazing main course that was the boys.

 

 Hyunshik was in their room, lounging on the couch as he waited for the girls to be ready to meet everyone up at the front of the University gates. He had only agreed to go since his sister was going and his parents told him to make sure that she was always safe. Since the time that he had been rejected and then forgiven by Chaerin, Hyunshik had been able to move on and even started taking some interest in one of the girls in his Psychology class.

 

Just as both the girls made their way to where he was, there was a knock on their door. They exchanged looks and Chaerin went to answer the door. Without looking through the peephole she opened the door. As she did, a body flung itself at her. She chuckled and hugged Chanyeol.

 

Junghee and Hyunshik greeted him with smiles and within minutes they were making their way to the front gates. Chanyeol had insisted on carrying Chaerin’s bags, while Hyunshik carried his sisters’. They were silent as they took in the crisp winter air.

 

As the others came into view, Chaerin was once again taken aback at how wealthy they all were. Four black Lamborghini SUV’s were parked on the street, some filled and others half filled.  Xiumin, Chen, Baekhyun, and D.O were standing on the sidewalk and waved when they noticed them.

 

“Good morning, everyone!” D.O smiled warmly at everyone and they all exchanged greetings. “Okay, so the first two cars are full. The rest of you are going to be split between the last two. You guys get to choose.” They all nodded and decided to play rock, paper, scissors to decide who would go where. Ultimately, Xiumin, Chen, Hyunshik, and Junghee would all travel in one car while, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Chaerin would travel in the other. Chanyeol was delighted by the outcome and immediately volunteered to drive, hoping that Chaerin would sit in the front seat with him.

 

Sadly for Chanyeol, Baekhyun claimed the seat as his own as soon as he won lost the round to Hyunshik. He sprinted to the car and quickly climbed inside. Chaerin chuckled at his behavior and agreed, saying that she wanted to relax in the back seat. Chanyeol then regretted not being able to get put in the car where he would sit with her in the back seat. He sighed and moved to put all of their bags in the trunk.

 

As he climbed into the driver seat of the car, he glanced back at Chaerin and smiled. She returned his smile and then looked away. Baekhyun cheered and looked back at Chaerin with a grin.

 

“Are you ready?” Chaenyeol asked them, as he turned the car on and buckled his seatbelt. They both cheered and off they went.

~~~~~~~~~~

Yaya~ Updated! How are you lovelies? I know It has been like two weeks since I last updated. I think that is how I am going to update from now on. Two weeks should give me enough time to write, revise, and post these chapters systematically. 

 

My classes are set for next semester and I may have more free time then. I might update once a week then. :)

 

Anyway, I have a serious question for you guys. How do you feel about me putting a little bit of into this story? It will not be overwhelming, nor will it be continuous through the story. I have been debating on this for a long time, but I also want your opinion on it since you are my readers. I have a poll at the bottom of this chapter and would appreciate it if you did participate in it.

 

Okay! Now! I want to thank each and every one of you guys for subscribing and upvoting! You don't know how much it makes me smile when I come back from a long day to see you pop up on my notifications! 

 

Please leave me feedback through the poll and also through the comments! 

Much love to you my wonderful lovelies! Until next time~