Encounter

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-

The Prince was devastated when the searches for his beloved accompanist came up without any results at all. Though he was happy that his wife was the maiden of his savior, he could not help but feel the emptiness left by the little mute girl he had come to adore so. He could still recall the silence of her graceful feet, the brightness of her large blue orbs. The way her smile seemed to spread from one ear to the other. Even the way her hips swayed as she walked. He could recall the beauty of her long silken hair. But they were no longer in his grasp. They were no longer always by his side. His wife was always worried for him. Though she did not know the little mermaid well, she could understand how much the prince had come to adore her. She was even a bit jealous of this fact. She brought this up to him many a night but he never talked to her when she did. He would leave the room and retreat to the spot where he had once met the silent maiden of his recent dreams. Each one of them he saw her leaping into the sea and becoming foam. He'd had this dream since the night of his marriage, and by now he seemed to think it was the truth of what had happened that morning at dawn. 

 
"I am sorry, my little silent one. Perhaps in another life we may reunite. And I shall make you mine then. Forgive me."
 
***
 
CHAERIN P.O.V.
 
"Ah~" I let out a sigh of relief as I set down the last of the endless boxes we had to carry up three flights of stairs to get to our dorm room. Unfortunately for us, the elevator was being repaired today. My best friend and roommate agreed with a groan as she threw herself onto the sofa. Surprisingly, these dorms had more than three rooms. Instead of containing one main room, a small kitchen, and a small bathroom, ours had a living room, a kitchen/dining room, a pretty large bathroom, and one room big enough for two beds and a dresser with an adjoining closet space. Supposedly, the entire building had renovations done, which included a whole section added to it. I smiled as I made my way to the kitchen, pulling open the refrigerator door to get a bottle of water. Just then there was a knock on our door. 
 
"Yah! Chaerin-ah! Junghee! Let me in!" Hyunsik's voice made me laugh. He was trying to use aegyo through his voice but his exhaustion got the better of him. Noticing that Junghee was not getting up I answered the door to meet a tired looking Hyunsik. "Took you long enough, jagiya." I frowned an slapped his arm as he came in, slipping off his shoes on the way in. 
 
"Yah. Don't call me that. People might take it the wrong way." I scowled as he laughed. He'd always been this way. Teasing me and acting as though we were dating. In reality he's just like an oppa to me. We've been best friends since we met in elementary school. Junghee, his twin sister, was the first one to talk to me. And since Hyunsik was really shy when he was young, she introduced us and I became his first friend. Since the first grade we have been inseparable. Even to this day we do everything together. 
 
"So what? People always take it that way. They always think we're a couple." He sat on Junghee's legs and gave me a playful smirk. I rolled my eyes as Junghee groaned and hit her twin weakly, too tired to put any effort into it. I walked to the kitchen and fetched a couple more bottles of water, as well as an ice pack for Junghee. I handed Hyunsik a bottle and the other to Junghee whom had finally decided to sit up properly. I handed her the ice pack and she let out a hiss as she touched it to her lower back. I chuckled and was grateful that I had been going to the gym a lot recently. It was almost six in the evening and I was not in the mood to cook. 
 
"We should go out to eat tonight. I'll cook tomorrow. I'm too tired today." They agreed and I got up to change and Junghee followed. We grabbed some clothes at the top of our luggage and we entered the bathroom to change. We'd known each other for so long we were fine changing in the same room, just not with Hyunsik there. As soon as we finished we quickly left and walked outside the campus to find somewhere to eat. We noticed that there were a lot of cafes nearby and a few street vendors as well. We decided to go to a chicken restaurant that seemed fairly empty except for a couple of tables where a couple was and a trio on the other. We chose a table at the window and sat down. 
 
"This place is nice~"Hyunsik grinned as he looked around, the music softly hovering over the small conversations. Junghee nodded in agreement and I hummed. Just then an ajummah came up to us and smiled. 
 
"Hello, you three look new. What would you like?" She looked to each of us and waited for us to order. 
 
"Ah, well. We will all get some Sprite and an order of chicken?" Hyunsik looked to us and we nodded in agreement. We all pretty much had the same exact taste in everything. We had been together for years and we always shared everything. The ajummah smiled and nodded as she walked away to fill our order. We talked on about our classes and about the last day at home as well as already planning a trip home after our mid term exams. The ajummah came back soon and gave us our drinks, as well as our chicken. We thanked her and began to dig in, continuing our conversations. That's when the peaceful serenity of the chicken restaurant was interrupted by a group of twelve boys around around our age group. 
 
I turned my head to look back as the twelve noisy boys sauntered their way into the restaurant. I didn't want to linger on them and returned to my food. I saw Hyunsik grimace at them since they decided to sit right behind us, pulling a few tables together to fit all of them, before returning back to his food as well. Junghee kept staring in their direction and neglected her food. 
 
"Yah, eat your food." Hyunsik flicked a bone at her and she scowled at him before throwing the bone back at him. He ducked, and the bone instead hit the back of the person behind us. Both of their eyes widened and I almost choked on my chicken. We all looked behind us and almost shrank into ourselves as the person stood up, obviously upset. I turned back around and took a deep breath. 
 
"Who the hell just did that!? Do you know how expensive this suit is!?" A deep voice sounded throughout the entire place and it became deathly quiet. The only sound was the music playing from the speakers. I flinched with his voice and frowned. I stood and turned to him, meeting the sight of his chest. I glanced up to meet the angry stare of the most handsome man I had ever seen. I shook off the thought as I circled him, not finding a single mark aside from a small grease stain on the collar of his shirt. 
 
"It did not touch your suit. Only the collar of your dress shirt. Which shouldn't be all that hard to clean." I looked him straight in the eyes and gave him a small polite-yet not polite-smile. He scoffed and glared at me.
 
"Excuse me?!" His deep voice roared and I flinched again. His personality didn't match his looks at all. 
 
 Hyunsik stood and pushed me behind him. I was about to speak when another tall guy stood. 
 
"Chanyeol. Calm down. It's just a shirt. You can just buy a new one." This guy was just as handsome as the first and his poker face seemed rigid until he turned to me. "I'm sorry. This guy doesn't like his clothes getting messed up. His good clothes. Please forgive his outburst." He smiled and my eyes widened. I could feel warmth from him and it was strange to me. 
 
"Whatever." I looked back up to the guy called Chanyeol. There was something that felt like I have known him from somewhere but I couldn't figure it out. "Kris, you're buying me the new shirt." He turned from us and sat back down. Kris apologized once more and sat down. We finished eating quickly,paid, and left the restaurant. I could feel someone staring at me and I looked inside the windows. The jerk Chanyeol was watching me closely. I scoffed and walked off, not bothering to acknowledge him anymore. I swear, if he is anywhere near me again I will go crazy. 
 
CHANYEOL P.O.V.
 
"That girl has some guts." I scoffed as I moved my chicken in a sauce, not really talking to anyone. She was quite a girl, I must say. Her eyes... Those blue eyes. I feel like I have seen them somewhere. Her skin was perfectly clear, and her lips were intoxicating. And her legs. My god, her legs were flawless in those jean shorts. 
 
"It seems that she had quite the affect on you, hyung." Sehun, the brat, smirked at me. I growled and threatened to punch him. He laughed and continued eating. "If you don't like her, can I have her?" I don't know why, but I felt strange when he said that. I shook it off. 
 
"Go ahead. She's not my type anyway." I stood and they all looked at me. Suho sent me a questioning look. 
 
"Yah! Finish your food!" D.O scolded me. I shook my head. 
 
"I'm fine. I have to go. See you guys later." I left them there, waved to the ajummah and walked aimlessly. Not caring where I was going, nor really minding the slow drizzle that was starting to come down. I ducked into a convenience store and decided to call my driver. Just as I was about to pull out my phone, I spotted that girl again. She was smiling widely and playing with a hair accessory she had put on her friends head. Her friend scowled and pushed her hands from his head. 
 
"Yah! Chaerin-ah! I'm not Junghee!" She laughed at him and puffed her cheeks. She looked so cute I wanted to scoop her up into my arms and take her away. 
 
"You're no fun, oppa!" Somehow my chest felt constricted. I turned from the scene and called my driver. 
 
"Alex. Come pick me up. Now."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whoo!~ first chappie is up! Forgive me if its not to your expectations. I kinda struggled a bit. I hope you like it though. Thank you so much for subscribing! I would love it if you all stuck around till the end!! ^^

 

i did not originally plan to continue the original story, but I felt that this small bit would help advance the story. The blue part at the top is MY continuation of the original. Don't mistake it for the original story. 

 

I plan on updating this fic on Sundays and maybe Thursdays. I have two other stories going on so please forgive me! Thank you for reading and subscribing! Please do drop a comment down here! And if you upvote I just might love you immensely. Until next time! ^^