Dont Forget

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-

AUTHOR POV

 

Saying that the seating was uncomfortable would have been a lie. Chanyeol had chosen the perfect seat. It was centered perfectly and there was more than enough room for the two of them to sit comfortably. Chaerin had no reason to complain and Chanyeol knew it. Still, she looked for a way out of it. Not many people were at the theatre right now, so there were a ton of open seats. She thought that it wouldn't be a big deal if she just so happened to sit in an unoccupied seat instead of the couple seat with Chanyeol. But Chanyeol wouldn't have it.

 

"Yah! What are you doing? Sit with me!" He angrily whispered to her as she sat in the empty couple seat beside the one he had chosen. As she was about to protest he shushed her and grabbed her hand, pulling her to the chair effortlessly. She plopped down beside him and held back a yelp as she almost dropped the drink in her opposite hand. She sent him a glare and he only gave her an innocent smile.

 

She rolled her eyes and moved so that she was flush against the armrest furthest from Chanyeol. Chanyeol smiled at her bashfulness and shook his head as he began to munch on the popcorn he bought while the previews streamed in front of them. Chaerin just sipped at the drink ignoring Chanyeol completely.

 

She was trying her best to ignore him to the point that he was invisible to her. But that didn't happen. Every so often she found herself looking over at him, watching as his smile spread on his face. As per usual, she began to smile as well.

 

Just as she turned for about the twentieth time Chanyeol turned to her as well. Truth be told he had been chancing glances at her as well. Her giggles made his heart flutter and he found himself admiring her profile view constantly during the movie. Now as they looked at one another face to face, they both became still as though all time stopped. Neither one of them moved. They sat there, just like that, for the next ten minutes of the movie.

 

**********************************************

Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck as he walked with Chaerin to her dorm building. It was already going to be time for their curfew and it had already become dark. Ever since their stare down in the theatre, his heart had been racing and his whole body seemed to have become much more heated than what was normal for him. At this moment, he could only function for the chilly air was cooling his heated skin.

 

Chaerin on the other hand was freezing in the thin cardigan she had brought with her when they had left for the movie earlier that day. The day had actually been warm, considering it was still fall, yet had changed during the two hours she had spent inside the theatre. She hugged her arms against her body and kept her eyes downcast in order to avoid looking up at Chanyeol again. She knew that if she did, they might end up in the same situation again. She didn’t even remember what had caused the ten-minute stare down to begin. All she could remember was the embarrassment she had felt when he had cleared his throat and looked away, his eyes showing disgust. That was what had upset her the most. Was he disgusted with her? Is that why he was staring at her as though he wanted to tackle her to the ground?

 

Chaerin was so engrossed in her thoughts that she had not even noticed that Chanyeol was now standing in front of her, his back hitting her hard. She let out a groan as she stumbled backwards, almost falling on her back, had it not been for a hand stabilizing her.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

She looked up at the same brown eyes that had shown her disgust earlier but this time something else was there. She averted her eyes as he pulled her to an upright position and cleared as a shiver ran through her. Chanyeol didn’t miss the shiver that made her shake her head. He quickly slipped out of his oversized hoodie and slipped it over her head causing her to jump.

 

“Don’t move.” He frowned as she tried to push his hands away from her. Chaerin eventually gave in and allowed him to slip the heavy cloth onto her small frame. He smiled, as her head peaked out of the top and almost laughed at how the jacket seemed to swallow her, making it look like a dress.

 

“It is too big.” Chaerin let out a sigh as she pushed her arms through the oversized sleeves and frowned that there were no pockets. He shook his head and gave her a lopsided smile.

 

“It is perfect. Cute.” He looked away as he realized what he said. Chaerin felt her face warm and she looked down. He cleared his throat once again and looked up at the building they had come to. It was the girls’ dorm. This whole time he had been trying his best to stall for the moment when she would have to leave him. And as he looked up, noticing each room beginning to go dark, he knew it was time. He rubbed his neck and thought of what to say.

 

“So… Today was fun, Chanyeol. We should… do this again.” Chanyeol was a bit taken aback at her voice. He had never expected her to say this. His ears began to turn red, not from the cold. He found a grin spread on his face.

 

“Don’t forget.” He said as he leaned forward and with all the courage he had, brushed his lips against her forehead. “Don’t forget that you said that. I’ll take you up on your offer.” He grinned again and waved for her to go inside of the building. She rushed in, trying her best to hide her flaming red cheeks and ears. “Please don’t forget.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Just realized that I never took this off of provate. Mianhe! XD I hope you dont hate me! I can't be on long, but here I made it public finally. Please leave me feedback guys! Thanks so much for subscribing! Please do give this story an upvote if you enjoy it! ^^

I have been so preoccupied with work and school... And just last week a great friend of mine passed away... It hurt a lot and I was depressed for a while. So I haven't worked on the next chapter. I am sorry.

Until next time my lovelies~