I Want To Help You

Dear Diary

Kevin’s POV

It was the weekend so i decided to hang out at the beach. The beach was like my sanctuary. I’d sit there for hours just looking at the sea. Watching the waves roll in and out. Hearing the laughter of girls and boys as they played in the sand and water.

“Oh look! Its Kevin! Or Kevina~ HAHAHAHA” I heard a voice interrupt my thoughts.

I looked up and saw Dongho. He was one of the cutest guys in school and all the girls swooned over his ‘cute-ness’. Behind him was Kiseop, Hoon and Eli, also laughing. They were the kingas of the school. The pretty-boy group that everyone, including most of the female teachers, loved. And now Eli was a part of them too.

“We had a lot of fun reading your diary.” Said Dongho.

I just ignored him and stood up to walk away, but he grabbed my arm and stopped me. “Remember the one about us? The one where you were all, aaww I wish I was more manly so I could beat up Dongho’s group… haha I actually laughed at that one! As if you could ever manage! Stronger than me? You’re not even pretty enough to rival me! Hahaha! Ahhh you make such a good joke!” he mocked me.

I locked eyes with Eli for a second. I could tell that his smile was fake. It didn’t reach his eyes. But I was angry enough not to care. I pulled my arm away and ran off towards my house.

“Hang on a sec guys…” I head Eli say faintly.

But I ran on, not stopping until I reached the park where I had built a treehouse. It was next to my house. i used to come here all the time with my dad. He’s dead now. He passed away two years ago. And I miss him so much! While I was running, I could hear Eli calling my name.

I reached the tree and slowed down to take catch my breath

I heard Eli catch up behind me so I turned around slowly.

“Why did you follow me?” I asked carefully.

“’Cause I needed to ask you something…” he said with a smile.

“What?” i asked flatly.

“Do you…Well, like Dongho said we read through your diary…” he paused to see my reaction but I kept a straight face. I was too used to the humiliation. “…and um…I was wondering if you wanted me to help you…”

I didn’t let him finish, “You want to help me?” I said incredulously. I couldn’t believe him! “You think I need help? Do you think I’m like, mental or something?” I said, shocked.

“NO! No! I didn’t mean that at all! No! I’m not like them! I-I felt sorry for you…”

“And now you pity me?” I scoffed.

“WILL YOU LET ME FINISH?!” He yelled suddenly. I became silent at once. “I want to help you become more…m-manly.”