The Past (Part I)

Dear Diary

Kevin and Eli entered a neat, cosy cafe called Coffee Bean. They bought their drinks and sat down at a table. The atmosphere was still kind of awkward.

Kevin tried his best to get rid of the awkward atmosphere, "So, story time!" Eli looked up at him. He had a bright smile on his face. Eli found his own lips tugging up into a smile. He menatlly slapped himself and cleared his throat. "Well, it all started when we were in elementary school. I was popular even back then," Eli chuckled.

Nine year old Eli came into his school on Valentines Day only to be attacked by gifts. Girls gave him chocolates and heart shaped cookies. He just smiled and accepted the gifts politely. However, none of the girls really caught his heart.

He ped his pencil case and his eyes widened. Inside, was a cool bracelet with his initials on it. He held it up and examined it. It looked like it was expensive. "Eli, pay attention," the teacher said with her eyes still on the book in her hand. Eli scowled and put the bracelet on.

The lunch bell rang and Eli ran outside. He turned the corner only to bump into a little girl. Shocked, he held out his hand, "You okay? Can you get up?"

Eight year old Eunhye looked up. Her cheeks heated up as she stared at her crush. Eli wagged his hand in encouragement. Finally, Eunhye timidly grabbed onto his hand. A pleasant shock ran down Eli's spine. Eunhye touched her plaits and bit her lip. "Umm..." She hurriedly picked up the box of chocolates which fell onto the floor and held it up.

"Um... Um..." She muttered.

"Um?" Eli said, his heartbeat accelerating. *Aish, whatever.* Eunhye thought.

"O-Oppa... I-I.... I LIKE YOU," she blurted out and shoved the box of chocolates into Eli's arms before running away. Eli blinked and looked down at the chocolates in his arms and smiled. *That was cute.*

The following month, Eli noticed Eunhye. *How could I not have noticed her before?* He thought as he stared at her while eating his sandwich. She was happily chatting with her friends.

His best friend, Minwoo, came over and sat down next to him. "Who you staring at?"

"PFFT." Ham sandwich sprayed everywhere.

"Eeeeew. Eli! That's disgusting," Minwoo whined as he wiped his jumper. He looked down at Eli's hand, "Nice bracelet."

Eli wiped his mouth, "Yea, thanks. Is it just me or have I never seen her before?

Minwoo followed his gaze. "Eunhye? Oh yea, she's new." He pulled out his lunchbox which was filled with luxurious food his cook had packed for him.

Eli smiled dreamily, "I like her."

Minwoo made a face and looked at her, "I don't." He stabbed at his salad which was topped with fresh fish roe.

But he just kept on smiling crazily, "Whatever. I do."